PDA

View Full Version : Some info on UCD please!!!

the_city_yid
16/05/2002, 6:17 PM
Could anyone help me with info on the club,

Club Nickname(s):
Pitch Dimensions:
Ticket Prices:
Name of stands in the ground:

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

:)

@ndy
17/05/2002, 9:55 AM
Ok, the club nickname is highly original, 'The Students'. Also affectionately known to about 6 people as the boys in blue, or Paul Doolin's blue and blue army.

The pitch sidelines were taken in last season towards the end because Doolo started to get tired and wanted there to be less grass to have to run around. I haven't a clue what size it is.

Tickets are priced i think at €8 (i think) for adults, €3 for students and €2 for UCD SSS/Superleague members. If you have a big pair of wellies or you sleep over in press box you can get in for free.

Stand names are as follows. The fantastic main stand is called, well the AIB stand. AIB stands for 'Andy's Invincible Bodhran' which ca be heard loud and clear from random points in the AIB stand at every game.

The stand behind the goal at the Foster Ave end is called 'The Cascarino Stand'. If you want to know why, pop along to, well any game, where it is probably going to be empty. Preferrably the game after we play Rovers home, because it should have a few extra cavities there at that stage.

Our revolutionary 'Green' Stand, which is totally organic, is called the mound. If you look at this stand from far away, or from right in front of it, you'd swear it was real grass...

Thats about all the info there is to give really.

A.

Schumi
17/05/2002, 10:03 AM
'College' is a more used nickname than 'Students' by everyone other than those who write headlines for national newspapers. I have no idea what the pitch dimensions are and as I have exams at the moment, I couldn't be arsed measuring them.

And Andy, Ixnay on the essbox pray!

@ndy
17/05/2002, 10:34 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about:)

Schumi
17/05/2002, 12:32 PM
Ask John, his Latin is probably better than mine!

UCD_4_Life
05/11/2002, 2:41 AM
"****e" is the new nickname being used for U.C.D. from what I've heard recently.

Schumi
05/11/2002, 11:08 AM
We'll have to be careful about that, it's a bit too similar to Trinity's nickname for comfort.:cool: