PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League fixtures

Cosmo
12/01/2006, 3:43 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but does anyone know what date the fixtures will be out?

Read somewhere that season is scheduled to start march 10th??

Schumi
12/01/2006, 3:47 PM
Have they even decided how many teams they're having in each division yet?

noby
12/01/2006, 3:48 PM
Any chance of a question mark in the title?

NY Hoop
12/01/2006, 3:51 PM
Have they even decided how many teams they're having in each division yet?

No the format has yet to be decided:eek:

League AGM January 28 then the fixtures will be ratified and released February 13. Incredibly one person does the fixtures and the others look over them to see if they suit:mad:

KOH

Cosmo
12/01/2006, 4:08 PM
No the format has yet to be decided:eek:

League AGM January 28 then the fixtures will be ratified and released February 13. Incredibly one person does the fixtures and the others look over them to see if they suit:mad:

KOH

Thats what I thought I read before (think I might've replied to the thread actually, just totally forgot about it :o )- so we wont know who we're playing less than a month before the season starts

LFC in Exile
12/01/2006, 4:12 PM
Any chance we could just set up this thread to appear automatically about 1 1/2 months before the start of each season? It would just save someone the ahssle of having to moan about the fixtures being late. :)

Peadar
12/01/2006, 4:13 PM
so we wont know who we're playing less than a month before the season starts

I don't really think that's such a big deal.
Your boys should be concentrating on the Setanta Cup.

Cosmo
12/01/2006, 4:30 PM
I don't really think that's such a big deal.
Your boys should be concentrating on the Setanta Cup.

Im not really moaning as its probably the norm anywhere but I just want to see what they are so I can start planning a couple of trips abroad when the cheap flights come up again that dont clash with friday matches (or longford away - thats the key one being a saturday and all and I know if I book something before the fixtures it'll probably clash with that knowing my luck :( ).

But as you said, thank f**k for the setanta cup :)

BohDiddley
13/01/2006, 10:16 AM
Fixtures should be set as early as possible so that they go in the sports diaries published in the New Year and stuck on walls (e.g. in media sports desks).
I. Times 2006 sports calendar has precious little football other than World Cup, with the usual wall-to-wall GAA and rugby and a host of minority sports. But, on this one, we have no grounds for complaint.

Kerry Blue
13/01/2006, 7:24 PM
Im not really moaning as its probably the norm anywhere but I just want to see what they are so I can start planning a couple of trips abroad when the cheap flights come up again that dont clash with friday matches (or longford away - thats the key one being a saturday and all and I know if I book something before the fixtures it'll probably clash with that knowing my luck :( ).

But as you said, thank f**k for the setanta cup :)
I believe that there will be a break of two weeks during the World Cup. Not sure where I heard this or if it's even true or not.

pineapple stu
13/01/2006, 8:49 PM
5th to the 19th of June there's a break (last games the weekend of the 3rd). Which coincides neatly with my summer holidays! Though sod's law says we'll get Longford or Sligo away that weekend and I'll miss the game anyway...

Magicme
13/01/2006, 9:41 PM
Like the structure of the league, the 2 week break hasnt been decided. It was suggested but not all clubs have agreed so there may be problems. Pity coz thats when I was gonna go on hols too.

mypost
16/01/2006, 12:59 AM
Like the structure of the league, the 2 week break hasnt been decided. It was suggested but not all clubs have agreed so there may be problems. Pity coz thats when I was gonna go on hols too.

I thought the fixtures can't be drawn up until all the licence issues have been sorted. Remember that they were released only 8 days before the season began 2 years ago. :eek:

We don't need a summer break as Ireland are not in the World Cup either. The players have 4 months off, how much more time off do they need? :confused: It's a 8-month long SUMMER slog, we can't have it interrupted on the wishes of a few. It also disrupts the preparations, and match fitness of our European representatives, of which the Intertoto Cup begins soon after the proposed "break".

I would also like to see Cup weekends binned, with the exception of the first round proper and the final. There's no reason why other rounds can't be played in midweek, there's plenty of room for it. It's crazy in this day and age, that we still have teams with games in hand over others, because cup games are only allowed to be played at weekends. :mad: If they were moved to midweek, along with league games of those playing in Europe, everybody would play at the same time as each other, and nobody would have an unfair advantage over their rivals.