PDA

View Full Version : Poll? Everybody's second favourite club?

ThatGuy
11/01/2006, 12:37 PM
Maybe this has been done before, but what club would you like to see have success aside from your own?

I predict Galway United will run away with it, a great place to go, best town/city (whatever it is) to visit in Ireland by a long way, it is the best away trip too, and veery game that I have been to in Terryland has been a cracker. I'd love to see them get promoted.

Can we have a poll on this?

pineapple stu
11/01/2006, 12:39 PM
It was done a few months ago alright - will have a root for it.

Edit - here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=27044&highlight=limerick) we go.

ThatGuy
11/01/2006, 12:44 PM
There is no way that Cork and Derry would be the top two, people must have been voting for their own clubs ;)! That or I am wrong about Galway (which looking at the people who voted I am!)

Krstic
11/01/2006, 1:06 PM
There is no way that Cork and Derry would be the top two,

But they were the top 2, or was that poll unfair because you missed it???

What's the point in having the poll when you reject the results if they don't suit:confused:

pineapple stu
11/01/2006, 1:10 PM
If you check who voted for who, you'll see that Cork and Derry fans were having a little love-in and voting for each other!

pete
11/01/2006, 1:11 PM
There is no way that Cork and Derry would be the top two, people must have been voting for their own clubs ;)! That or I am wrong about Galway (which looking at the people who voted I am!)

Just cos no one loves Bohs. :D If you look at the old poll can clearly see people not voting for themselves...

Risteard
11/01/2006, 1:53 PM
Thought you could only fit 10 options in a poll.
I'm short of the recquisite rivalry as a City fan, in that i want Waterford to stay up and would like to see Ramblers promoted.

I also wish Derry continue to do well but that fad is kind of fadeing now cos i realise that they're not underdogs or over-achievers.

OneRedArmy
11/01/2006, 11:21 PM
None of them. All I wish is badness towards other clubs because if other clubs succeed it can only be at the expense of my club.
Kind of irrelevant to all us Premier division teams this season then as we won't have any impact on your season. Feel free to direct all your bad karma towards such footballing behemoths as Monaghan, Harps and Athlone.

Raheny Red
11/01/2006, 11:27 PM
Couldn't are less about any other club when it come to the on the field activities!

Roverstillidie
11/01/2006, 11:33 PM
Kind of irrelevant to all us Premier division teams this season then as we won't have any impact on your season. Feel free to direct all your bad karma towards such footballing behemoths as Monaghan, Harps and Athlone.

so your response to a hoop who doesnt give a **** is to tell him you dont either? that will keep him up all night in a cold sweat....

back in the real world, does anyone else oject to this catch all 'EL fan' label? I dont follow the El, im Rovers. I couldnt give a **** about the rest of the individual clubs tbh

bigmac
12/01/2006, 8:11 AM
back in the real world, does anyone else oject to this catch all 'EL fan' label? I dont follow the El, im Rovers. I couldnt give a **** about the rest of the individual clubs tbh

While the EL is constantly degraded and run down by journalists purporting to be "fans" of football, it is important that the supporters make it clear that there is a difference between barstoolers, Jack's/Mick's/Brian's/Steve's army and the people who attend local matches week in, week out.
While I couldn't give a toss about other teams in the EL, the reality is that the exploits (European etc) of other clubs in the league do have an effect on overall attendances, co-efficient (in case we ever get back into Europe) and how the league is perceived. For example, a good European run for an EL team generates publicity for the whole league, and so I would like to see them do well. It's all about marketing the league as a whole, as well as each club doing their individual bit.

Ronnie
12/01/2006, 8:31 AM
If Premier division clubs are playing well in the league then they might be in the position to be able to cause an upset if they draw us in our cup, hence my bad karma will be spread around evenly.

This the same cup you haven't seen for 20 years? Or was it the First Division title you were talking about?

Ronnie
12/01/2006, 9:47 AM
Hey if we don't win our cup for another 50 years it's still highly likely that our name will still be engraved on it more times than any other name.

Can't argue that one!