PDA

View Full Version : Delaneystein's Monster

Donadoni
10/01/2006, 11:23 AM
There are 23 significant managerial roles in Irish football. 22 club team managers and the senior Irish team manager. Local loyalties aside the senior team job is the most important managerial role in Irish football, and offers the most important salary.

Read the job-pages log on to a jobsite, go to a recruitment agency. In all cases an applicant's relevant experience is considered. Now if you are to be considered for the most important Irish-based job in your field then clearly your experience will come under the greatest scrutiny. You have to be a proven performer in your field. You have to have measurable results. You have to show why you rather than your peers merit the role the most.

Why why why should the Irish Manager's job be any different? Staunton Robson. the inclusion of Robson is admittance that Staunton isn't qualified for the job. So at least bill the appointment as Robson Staunton. No instead the inexperienced Staunton headlines the show. I'm shocked at the Frankenstein's monster that Delaney's put together.

Now it could prove to be a great monster. It could achieve greater results than any of its predecessors. But it does not change the fact that the decision-making process behind this appointment has been scandalously unprofessional and illogical.

colster
10/01/2006, 11:51 AM
There are 23 significant managerial roles in Irish football. 22 club team managers and the senior Irish team manager. Local loyalties aside the senior team job is the most important managerial role in Irish football, and offers the most important salary.

Read the job-pages log on to a jobsite, go to a recruitment agency. In all cases an applicant's relevant experience is considered. Now if you are to be considered for the most important Irish-based job in your field then clearly your experience will come under the greatest scrutiny. You have to be a proven performer in your field. You have to have measurable results. You have to show why you rather than your peers merit the role the most.

Why why why should the Irish Manager's job be any different? Staunton Robson. the inclusion of Robson is admittance that Staunton isn't qualified for the job. So at least bill the appointment as Robson Staunton. No instead the inexperienced Staunton headlines the show. I'm shocked at the Frankenstein's monster that Delaney's put together.

Now it could prove to be a great monster. It could achieve greater results than any of its predecessors. But it does not change the fact that the decision-making process behind this appointment has been scandalously unprofessional and illogical.

I don't think it's that illogical. I think it's a partnership or Staunton in the junior role. Robson is a high profile manager with a huge amount of experience . The FAI have no money. They can't afford to pay compensation to a club. Out of the unemployed managers that were willing to take the job I think Robson stands out.
Robson could have a huge impact on the senior players, youth players and the organisation. He has a high profile in England which will ensure that there will be huge interest from across the water which will in turn make it easier for the FAI to generate money for the Landsdowne road redevelopement. He alos has a good relationship with the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson.

klein4
10/01/2006, 11:58 AM
give an example of when a partnership management arrangement has ever worked in practice ?
Why do people think it would be any different now?
why is it important to have a good relationship with mourhino and ferguson?
I dont see how "interest from accross the water" will generate any cash for the FAI. having a successful team and a stadium that can cope with the demand for tickets might be a better option.:)

Paulie
10/01/2006, 12:20 PM
give an example of when a partnership management arrangement has ever worked in practice ?

According to todays Star the Swedish National Team have such a partnership in place. I don't know this myself, I am just relaying what was stated in the article. If it is the case, it is proof that a partnership can work as The Swedes are doing pretty well at the moment.

green army
10/01/2006, 12:39 PM
According to todays Star the Swedish National Team have such a partnership in place. I don't know this myself, I am just relaying what was stated in the article. If it is the case, it is proof that a partnership can work as The Swedes are doing pretty well at the moment.

AFAIK its lars laggerback and tommy solderberg (spelling??). they were in charge at the last world cup.

colster
10/01/2006, 1:36 PM

I think Robson will be manager with Staunton as assistant

Why do people think it would be any different now?
why is it important to have a good relationship with mourhino and ferguson?

Might help in getting players released for friendlies or players returning from injury for competitive games.
It might also increase the likelihood of Irish players playing for top clubs. Remember Ferguson asked Charlton about Keane before signing him or so the story goes.

I dont see how "interest from accross the water" will generate any cash for the FAI. having a successful team and a stadium that can cope with the demand for tickets might be a better option.:)

With Robson in charge the coverage of the Irish team would be more prominent in newspapers and on TV in England. A lot of Irish companies having big dealings in the UK so linking up with the Irish team may prove more attractive.

Of course he has to be successful as well but his track record suggests he has every chance of being successful.