PDA

View Full Version : Alan Murphy?

Roo69
09/01/2006, 1:19 PM
Was looking over Saturday's (i think) Mirror and it said he was signing for you back from the Irish League and had a picture of Alan Murphy from Galway (ex-Derry), is there another Alan Murphy ? or is this the Murphy that left you mid way through last season ? Also mentioned the names of 3 signings who i can't remember now..........

Macy
09/01/2006, 1:24 PM
Alan Murphy who left us during last season. Previously of Drogheda, and still regarded as a hero by the Drogs faithful - they really love him.

He'd be referred to as Spud on the Town forum anyway.

Roo69
09/01/2006, 1:27 PM
Alan Murphy who left us during last season. Previously of Drogheda, and still regarded as a hero by the Drogs faithful - they really love him.

He'd be referred to as Spud on the Town forum anyway.

Ah grand, just the usual lack of research shown by the Irish press. I had a feeling this was the case. Cheers Macy

franz
09/01/2006, 2:21 PM
yes great to see murphy coming back to the town

franz
09/01/2006, 2:22 PM
great to see murphy back with De Town

sparkey
10/01/2006, 8:15 AM
Delighted to see Murph back at De Town. Hopefully Matthews will treat him with a bit more respect than he did last season.

franz
10/01/2006, 9:04 AM
Delighted to see Murph back at De Town. Hopefully Matthews will treat him with a bit more respect than he did last season. I think you will find he Apologised to matthews

Wiseguy
10/01/2006, 9:06 AM
Hopefully he will treat all players with a bit of respect and vice versa and the dressing room can be a harmonious one.There seems to be to many falling outs and bad feeling among some of the staff and it can only be a bad thing.

max power
10/01/2006, 9:47 AM
well i've not seen ill feeling within the dressing room either before or after games.

Wiseguy
10/01/2006, 1:39 PM
well i've not seen ill feeling within the dressing room either before or after games.

Considering that some of the players don't actually talk to the guy would suggest that it's not the happiest dressing room in the land.

max power
10/01/2006, 2:23 PM
"the Guy" sorry i dont get it, maybe i'm a bit slow today :o

Wiseguy
10/01/2006, 2:24 PM
Alan Matthews

max power
10/01/2006, 2:42 PM
well i dont know all the facts and i take it neither do you so i wouldn't talk about it.

put it this way, how many times have you been in the dressing room pre or post game ????

and players are treated very well within the club, they honestly want for nothing as club players and i think all the time people put in out in flancare ( for free ) should be agknowledged.

and the bad feeling were for a player being paid by pur club acting as an agent in lookin to move on other players within the dressing room ( WHILE STILL ON OUR PAY ROLL ), where is the respect to the manager, fellow players, board member and fans there ????

max power
10/01/2006, 2:44 PM
and if ur on about spud, he wanted 1st team and when he couldn't get it guranteed it, he walked.......NO ONE WANTED HIM TO, thus he is back.

no player deserves 1st team every team, you earn it.

Martinho II
10/01/2006, 3:02 PM
delighted to see the spudster is back! he has being much missed in his short spell away from us! hopefully the bad agro and feeling is finished now!

Wiseguy
10/01/2006, 4:26 PM
well i dont know all the facts and i take it neither do you so i wouldn't talk about it.

put it this way, how many times have you been in the dressing room pre or post game ????

and players are treated very well within the club, they honestly want for nothing as club players and i think all the time people put in out in flancare ( for free ) should be agknowledged.

and the bad feeling were for a player being paid by pur club acting as an agent in lookin to move on other players within the dressing room ( WHILE STILL ON OUR PAY ROLL ), where is the respect to the manager, fellow players, board member and fans there ????

I will deal with this bit by bit.

1) I don't know all the facts either and i accept there are 2 sides to every story but i do what i was told was the truth and it came from more than one source.I won't go any further than that.

2) I've never been in the dressing room pre or post match.

3) I don't doubt for a second that the club tries to do the best it can for all it's staff but it also has to look after it's own interests and put them 1st.I think that there are people at the club doing sterling work and i applaud them for that.It's what the club survives on.

4) I don't want to say much on this issue as i have already commented on it and i have been asked by the parties concerned to drop it but as i said there are 2 sides to every story,As always the truth will come out in the end and that's all i'll shall say on the matter.

RonnieB
11/01/2006, 9:50 AM
Great to see Alan return!

Sonic
15/01/2006, 1:32 PM
yeah great to see the wally return