PDA

View Full Version : eL well represented in FA Cup 3rd Rd

Breifne
07/01/2006, 10:43 PM
While most of you will be raving about Kevin Doyle's first FA Cup goal here on monday, I'd like to take the opportunity to congratulate one of my favourite Vikings Adam Rundle who almost scored for Mansfield against Newcastle today.

Fans of Shels and Cork may remember him from our premier division year. The only good thing Roddy Collins did for our club.

sligoman
07/01/2006, 11:09 PM
Fans of Sligo Rovers might also remember a fella called Keith Gilroy, who will be lining out for Burton Albion against Manchester United tomorrow(live on SKY Sports for those interested;)).

Red4Eva
07/01/2006, 11:21 PM
Fans of Sligo Rovers might also remember a fella called Keith Gilroy, who will be lining out for Burton Albion against Manchester United tomorrow(live on BBC for those interested;)).

live on sky actually. he played 6 games for us b4 fat pat spotted him&told kerr about him

rundle was a good player too. always keep an eye out for the likes of him on soccer saturday

sligoman
07/01/2006, 11:27 PM
live on sky actually.Well it's on some station, so I was close anyway;) :o.

garykelly
07/01/2006, 11:28 PM
Sligo lad Barry Cogan played for Milwall against Everton.

SPXcyan
07/01/2006, 11:34 PM
Wes Hoolahan came on for Livingston today in their 1-1 draw with Alloa at Alloa

sligoman
07/01/2006, 11:39 PM
Wes Hoolahan came on for Livingston today in their 1-1 draw with Alloa at Alloaand here's what his manger said about his performance afterwards:

Wes hasn't played for six weeks, but he did really well when he came on and will get better with more training and we will see his full ability as the season progresses.

Iorfa
07/01/2006, 11:46 PM

Pity José Quitongo didn't make it off the bench too :o

Dodge
07/01/2006, 11:53 PM
Gareth O'Conner scored too...

A face
08/01/2006, 12:30 AM
Hulls Damien Delaney, ex-Cork City, who is a centre-half played in midfield today aganist Villa.

Raheny Red
08/01/2006, 1:55 AM
Hopefully Paddy McCarthy will be playing for Leicster against Spurs later this evening. He played for St.Malachys and Stella Maris before he went cross Channell. Strong tall centre half, my old neighbour in Edenmore and scored an own goal against Milwall on Stephen's Day!!:o :eek:

dcfcsteve
08/01/2006, 2:34 AM

A 1:1 draw with Alloa - a team who are 8pts adrift at the bottom of the Scottish Second Division. Oh dear.....

I wonder if Hollahan found himself questioning his sanity on the drive back to Midlothian after the game....

sullanefc
08/01/2006, 12:08 PM
Former Cobh Ramblers player Roy Keane playing in the Scottish Cup today

TonyD
08/01/2006, 4:21 PM
Former Cobh Ramblers player Roy Keane playing in the Scottish Cup today

Not much of a step up from Cobh Ramblers is it ?:D

Maynard
08/01/2006, 5:26 PM
Rundle is an excellent footballer, and didn't look out of place in front of 41,000 plus against Newcastle. He and the 3-3 draw away to Derry were literally the ONLY things that Roddy did for our club (apart from almost ruin it of course:o )

Also interesting to see that Doyle was rested by Reading against a Premiership team, which shows in what high regard he is already held. 12 goals for them now...can't see (*insert whichever clown gets the nod from the FAI) leaving him out of the senior squad in the future.

Peadar
08/01/2006, 5:29 PM
I wonder if Hollahan found himself questioning his sanity on the drive back to Midlothian after the game....

I'd say Roy Keane is asking himself a few questions this evening too.
How brutal were Celtic!

pineapple stu
08/01/2006, 8:12 PM
He and the 3-3 draw away to Derry
Didn't you beat Derry 3-2?

Former Irish U-21 keeper Saul Deeney kept out Manchester United today. He was in the Ireland squad until UCD keeper Darren Quigley forced him out. Not much of an eL connection, but still...:)

sligoman
08/01/2006, 8:14 PM
Former Irish U-21 keeper Saul Deeney kept out Manchester United today. He was in the Ireland squad until UCD keeper Darren Quigley forced him out. Not much of an eL connection, but still...:)Did you see Keith Gilroy in the same match? He played brilliantly for them and took a few, good, corners and free kick's. They've managed to get a replay now:eek:.

NY Hoop
09/01/2006, 11:19 AM
Rundle is an excellent footballer, and didn't look out of place in front of 41,000 plus against Newcastle. He and the 3-3 draw away to Derry were literally the ONLY things that Roddy did for our club (apart from almost ruin it of course:o )

Yawn. How did he almost ruin CHF? Who would notice anyway?

KOH

Breifne
10/01/2006, 11:49 AM
Yawn. How did he almost ruin CHF? Who would notice anyway?

KOH

Yawn!!!!

gustavo
10/01/2006, 11:53 AM
How are these lads "representing" the eL , some of them havent played here in years!and some (Cogan) havent played in the eL at all

Tenderloins
10/01/2006, 2:26 PM
Ex Cork City Shane Long also played for Reading in the cup at the Weekend.
Ex Shamrock Rovers Maltese International Luke Dimech Played for Chester against Cheltenham in the FA cup at the weekend too.
Daryl Murphy came on as a sub for sunderland Vs Northwich. Missed a sitter too.
Another one of Roddys signings at Rovers Michael Wolski played in the Stockport team that lost 3-2 to Brentford also.
Ex Sligo midfielder Colin Cameron played for Wolves as they beat Plymouth 1-0 .
Ex Dundalk player Steve Staunton failed to make the Walsall team for their game against Barnsley:)

Maynard
10/01/2006, 5:54 PM
[QUOTE=pineapple stu]Didn't you beat Derry 3-2?

:o Yes, you'd be right there:o 2-3 it was. You'd think with the pitiful amount of wins we had (incidentally it was the only one I missed) that I'd remember it!:rolleyes:

Maynard
10/01/2006, 5:56 PM
Ex Dundalk player Steve Staunton failed to make the Walsall team for their game against Barnsley:)[/QUOTE]

I heard he was in a meeting at the time?:o