PDA

View Full Version : Groundhopping

Gerrit
06/01/2006, 9:45 PM
Given the different weblinks on grounds posted here, I see I'm not the only one with a passion for stadiums. I've been fanatic groundhopper since 8 years now and visited approx 1200 grounds so far of all possible sizes and ages.

I think it'd be a nice idea to maybe organise a few trips on the British Isles. Visiting some random games all over Ireland (both ROI and NI) combined with stadium visits (and pub visits if you insist :p ) and maybe an occasional trip across the water now and then.

Would anyone be interest in organising a wee groundhopping trip for a few people? We could do it by carpooling, which is more fun and means we can share the costs. Longer trips (= games in a town on the other end of the island, or a trip cross-water) would require a day trip of course, for shorter distances in Ireland itself an afternoon and evening would be enough. I'd say random games can be chosen, if possible with visiting a few grounds on the way to the game as well.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Sandro
10/01/2006, 10:13 AM
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/2144/13rn.jpg

I'm working on this at the moment, glad to give info on the history of lots of Italian grounds to anybody who might be concerned

BohDiddley
10/01/2006, 11:03 AM
I think it'd be a nice idea to maybe organise a few trips on the British Isles.
Is this a wind-up or is it the standard term now adopted by the acolytes of Lord Lansdowne?

grounded
11/01/2006, 7:04 AM
I'm planning a wee tour at the end of March beginning of April.

Fri. 31.03.06 Hartlepool Untited - Oldham United
Sat. 01.04.06 Arsenal - Aston Villa or Fulham - Portsmouth
Sun. 02.04.06 Millwall Lionesses - Brighton & Hove Albion (Womens Football)
Mon. 03.04.06 Blackpool - Wigan Athelic

The match on the 01.04. just depends on the availability of the tickets and for the sunday I'm open to suggestions in case you don't fancy watching Millwalls lovely ladies but if you're interested pm me. We could meet up at either Leeds or Manchester Airport that Friday. I'm coming from Glasgow so either would be good and go back on Tuesday.