PDA

View Full Version : Friendly: Galway Utd. v Cork City FC

Peadar
06/01/2006, 3:41 PM
eircom League Champions, Cork City FC, travel to Terryland Park on Valentines Day for a pre-season friendly against Galway Utd. at 19.30.

There's no love lost between these two clubs since Galway were unceremoniously dumped out of the FAI Cup, in a replay, after a "dubious" penalty.

galwaygirl
06/01/2006, 4:19 PM
Has this date definitely been confirmed Peadar? I know there was mention of us playing ye alrite but we hadnt heard a date.

Out of all the pre-season friendlies that we have arranged i'm looking forward to this one the most. As for there being "no love lost between the two clubs", are you on about the two teams because the two sets of fans i though got on very well with each other especially the game in Galway. Had a great evening and nite out with a few of ye that time.

Conor H
06/01/2006, 4:35 PM
Never mind yere "dubious" penalty.....the decision not to give us one in Terryland was worse!

Should be a good match....and is a good pre-season match for both clubs.
Will many of yee travel?

Peadar
08/01/2006, 4:56 PM
As for there being "no love lost between the two clubs", are you on about the two teams because the two sets of fans i though got on very well with each other especially the game in Galway.

Ah I was only joking, Galwaygirl.
Just thought I'd use a bit of poetic license since the fixture is scheduled for St Valentine's Day. There was a great atmosphere at the game in Terryland and I can never remember any trouble between our fans.

Maz
08/01/2006, 4:59 PM
Ah I was only joking, Galwaygirl.
Just thought I'd use a bit of poetic license since the fixture is scheduled for St Valentine's Day. There was a great atmosphere at the game in Terryland and I can never remember any trouble between our fans.
Oh the romantic inside Peadar is starting to show...

colblimp
09/01/2006, 9:32 PM
I'm travelling up for this game, really looking forward to it. Although I'm coming back down the same night.

Conor H
09/01/2006, 9:37 PM
How many do yee think will travel.....considering it's a friendly and valentines night?

Peadar
09/01/2006, 9:42 PM
How many do yee think will travel.....considering it's a friendly and valentines night?

Not many, I'd say.
Lads hoping to travel to Champions League games will be looking to earn some brownie points with their birds that night. ;)

Will Galway be just back from England when they play us?

A face
09/01/2006, 11:20 PM
Galway United Friendly
Tuesday Feb 14th
Terryland Park
7.30pm

Conor H
10/01/2006, 7:05 AM
Will Galway be just back from England when they play us?
Ya.They'll be back Sunday evening AFAIK and will play yee on Tuesday.

Patrick Dunne
11/01/2006, 1:20 PM
We then play Bohs on Friday 18th. Busy schedule, but then we are a MASSIVE club.

Peadar
11/01/2006, 1:39 PM
...we are a MASSIVE club.

Are you worth a little flutter for the First Division Title?
What's the best price available on you?

Terry
11/01/2006, 1:45 PM
Are you worth a little flutter for the First Division Title?
What's the best price available on you?

I believe PP or boylesports are still offering 10/1

got us at 12's 2 weeks ago. Lally was told we have to win it this season or hes out. Also Johnny Glynn (fitness fanatic) is now coaching the team.

Peadar
11/01/2006, 1:57 PM
Also Johnny Glynn (fitness fanatic) is now coaching the team.

We know all about Johnny Glynn. :)

Conor H
11/01/2006, 5:36 PM
but then we are a MASSIVE club.
:cool:

I keep meaning to put a bet on us but before the odds really drop!

Éanna
14/01/2006, 12:05 AM
I'll be driving up anyways. Very anorak-like of me, but i must admit it won't be my first pre-season friendly against Galway :eek:

ccfcman
15/01/2006, 8:14 AM
wouldnt fancy it myself, too far for such a lowly opposition :P

ccfcgirl
15/01/2006, 1:33 PM
It been on a weekday I dont think there will be much travelling ,Had it been a weekend I say a sizible crowd would of went.

Terry
16/01/2006, 1:02 PM
I'll be driving up anyways. Very anorak-like of me, but i must admit it won't be my first pre-season friendly against Galway :eek:

It seems to be an annual fixture now! hopefully we'll get promoted this year and put an end to it

Conor H
14/02/2006, 1:34 PM
BUMP!

Do yee know Is there many coming up tonight lads?

James
14/02/2006, 2:37 PM
i know a few going alrite who got the day off work for it. id love to be heading up, galways a good spot for a game / night out.

doubt there be more then 20 though.. were some city fans more interested in trying out for big brother today then going to the game!! :eek:

ccfcgirl
14/02/2006, 6:46 PM
City are winning 1-0 John O Flynn the scorer

pete
14/02/2006, 8:18 PM
Galway 0 City 1 FT.

Conor H
14/02/2006, 9:36 PM
Ya but Devine sustained a pretty bad injury to his knee....he had to be stretchered off.
UTD probabaly deserved something from the game and tbh Shels looked alot better last week but it is only pre season.
About 20 city fans travelled......absoloutely shocking conditions...complete washout.