PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Cregg leaves Arsenal

livehead1
06/01/2006, 1:19 PM
Cregg has signed an 18month contract with Falkirk, and follows fellow former Arsenal trainee up there. A case of going into the wilderness, or could this kickstart what many felt was going to be a promising career?

SaucyJack
06/01/2006, 1:47 PM
Cregg has signed an 18month contract with Falkirk, and follows fellow former Arsenal trainee up there. A case of going into the wilderness, or could this kickstart what many felt was going to be a promising career?

I'd lean toward a move into the wilderness.

Karlos
06/01/2006, 1:58 PM
Sad to see him go. Saw him a lot for the reserves at Arsenal and looked good at times. He made 2 or 3 first team appearances and was on the bench for a few CHampions League games last year. Funnily enough, he hasn't been poking around the first team much this year which considering Arsenal have a weaker squad this time around was a little surprising.

Best of Luck to him, hope it's a move that works out like Reading's Steve Sidwell's did, infact Patrick looks remarkably like a clone of Steve :)

Stuttgart88
06/01/2006, 2:10 PM
Shame. I hope he hasn't left because Wenger has identified some French teenage donkey to take his place. Still if he's good enough he ought to stand out at Falkirk in due course.

eirebhoy
06/01/2006, 2:12 PM
He has played more reserve football than any other Arsenal player this season but Wenger doesn't seem to rate him or need him. I guessed he wasn't going to make it there anyway since he wasn't making the Carling Cup teams so I'm glad he got a move to the SPL where he should get first team football. I think he has a decent chance of "making it".

O'Donnell is doing well at Falkirk btw. He played well against Celtic.

tetsujin1979
06/01/2006, 2:24 PM
from falkirkfc.co.uk:

Falkirk FC are pleased to announce they have agreed terms with Patrick Cregg subject to a Medical (taking place today) and International Clearance.

Falkirk faced stiff competition for the Arsenal starlets signature from clubs all across Europe.

Patrick plays in midfield and is highly rated, with three first team outings for Arsenal and he is a reserve team regular.

John Hughes " We are delighted to have Patrick on board, as he is an excellent player.We had him up for a bounce game last month and within 10 minutes we knew he was the type of player we wanted at Falkirk. Hopefully he will feature in the Cup tie on Saturday at some point."

"Stiff competition"?? Who else was in for him?

Karlos
06/01/2006, 2:24 PM
He has played more reserve football than any other Arsenal player this season but Wenger doesn't seem to rate him or need him.

He's a central midfielder by trade but has recently been overtaken by Karea Gilbert and Fabrice Muamba in that position for the reserves - he's always looked good when I've seen him but when you see Flamini and Fabregas play for the reserves they look world class. He's just not at that level to make a mark in that position in the first team at the club. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make it though - arsenal set high standard and almost all of their youngsters go on to have a career in the game - Pennant, Upson, Thomas, Sidwell, even one Andrew Cole!

A future Ireland international. :) :ball:

eirebhoy
06/01/2006, 2:27 PM
"Stiff competition"?? Who else was in for him?
A few lower division English teams according to a Falkirk forum.