PDA

View Full Version : Worried by lack of signings

Royal rover
05/01/2006, 3:03 PM
Lad's what is the story with Connor at present surely at this stage he should be announcing more signings, why on earth did he let Foley go surely we would be better of with him than without him, plus McCann leaving for linfield is also a disaster, both are utility players whatever about the others leaving he should of made those two a priority to keep for next season, looking at the rovers website today we have nearly as little as the man united squad!:mad:

Mayo Red
05/01/2006, 8:45 PM
We'd want to be getting a few good signings in very soon, I hope Sean is busy working behind the scenes because it seems to be one way exit traffic at the moment! There's a lot of strengthening to be done yet if we are to extend our stay in the top flight. Dublin City have been very active in the transfer market, and while we should be selective and shouldn't make signings just for the sake of it, we should also be mindful of what happened to Harps last season as a result of not strengthening!

Red4Eva
05/01/2006, 10:46 PM
jeez lads would ye have faith in the man after last year. we've signed 2 already&this hibs lad has signed a pre-contract deal so he's as good as signed. as long as we've got most of our squad in by feb 6th i wouldn't be too worried

Rovers1
05/01/2006, 10:52 PM
didnt sean sign like 6 players in the space of 3 weeks last season around the end of January?ill worry when i see our first 11 on the first day!!

Red4Eva
05/01/2006, 10:54 PM
out of the premier clubs only dublin city have signed more than 3 players thus far&the majority of the other transfers are random players floating from club to club

Royal rover
06/01/2006, 8:10 AM
All that i'm saying lads is that it's a joke at this stage, in essence what has happened is that Rovers have lost half a squad plus Gorman and Carr who also played a little last season so regardless whether we get 3 or 4 new players in we are still a long way off, at this stage it has Sunderland written all over it,

Redzer
06/01/2006, 12:32 PM
I've said it before, Sean seems to be looking for specific players. Not just out of contract players which D.C. has picked up. I'm sure it takes time to get the right type of player, especially if they are still attached to clubs.
Foley and McCann wanted out for personel reasons. Thats life, its not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination.
If Browne wants the same, then I'd let him go providing the fee is worthwhile.
I firmly believe we will have a squad ready and able to do battle, come the 1st fixture.
Sean did not let us down last season, and its a bit soon to be predicting doom and gloom. FFS, there something like 7 weeks left in the transfer market.

The Stars
06/01/2006, 5:20 PM
its not starting til the end of the month

Red4Eva
06/01/2006, 8:21 PM
All that i'm saying lads is that it's a joke at this stage, in essence what has happened is that Rovers have lost half a squad plus Gorman and Carr who also played a little last season so regardless whether we get 3 or 4 new players in we are still a long way off, at this stage it has Sunderland written all over it,

i'll put €100 bet that we won't pull a sunderland. sean's gonna be very ambitious with his signings. would you be happier if he settled for a load of rubbish players like ray scully? be patient FFS