PDA

View Full Version : My name is Earl

max power
05/01/2006, 1:18 PM
great show, seen in the in the states and its coming over here now, its on channel 4 on firday at 10.

i wont go into what its about, but if you enjoy comedy i hope you'll like it, i thought it was bril anyway.

gustavo
05/01/2006, 1:26 PM
Jason Lee is a great comedy actor so i have high hopes for it!

blutil
05/01/2006, 1:33 PM
Jason Lee is a great comedy actor so i have high hopes for it!

he's got a pineapple on his head

noby
05/01/2006, 2:07 PM
Now that's comedy, kid.

gustavo
05/01/2006, 2:18 PM
still though he was better than pele

Neish
05/01/2006, 3:59 PM
:D :D :D
What about
Pele was sh*te, pele was sh*te, he was worse than Jason Lee

SaucyJack
05/01/2006, 5:37 PM
great show, seen in the in the states and its coming over here now, its on channel 4 on firday at 10.

i wont go into what its about, but if you enjoy comedy i hope you'll like it, i thought it was bril anyway.

yeah, it's a pretty funny show, I've caught most of the episodes and they're repeating the first series of episodes again, so people can catch up on them,,,plus Jamie Lee Pressly ain't too hard on the eyes. and also the hotel maid.

shedite
05/01/2006, 6:17 PM
Quality show! Caught the most of them in the states and downloaded them once I got home. Very funny. And yes, the ladies are very hot!

Jaime Pressley (http://www.celebrities.pl/jaime_pressly/jaime5.jpg)
Nadine Velazquez (http://www.thehangovercafe.com/image/obj257geo265pg8p33.jpg)

RonnieB
05/01/2006, 6:19 PM
Upto episode 10 now, love it so much for those of you who care the next episode is aired at 9pm EST in the US ready for the morning then :)

Drumcondra Red
06/01/2006, 9:36 PM
Just saw it for the first time, very funny!!!

dcfcsteve
07/01/2006, 12:11 AM
Watched it myself. Like the idea and the way it's produced, and will definitely catch it again.

Scarily - I find myself getting more and more into the whole Karma lark as I get older. To the point that when I got home from the Israel trip in April and found my front door had been kicked-in (by the Police, as it later turned-out - but that's a whole different story...), the first thing I did was ask myself what I'd done wrong during my trip !!:eek:

(Takes deep breath) - repeat after me "You are not Earl, you are NOT Earl....! "

Metrostars
07/01/2006, 12:50 AM
NBC has shifted Earl and The Office to Thursday nights so Thursday nights are great again. The highlight of Earl is seeing Jaime Pressley play the perfect White-Trash girl, she is quite a looker. Plus Darnell is also a riot.

Some funny quotes:
Darnell: [spending Christmas in a nativity scene so Joy's parents don't find out that she and Earl are divorced] It's cold out there in that manger - I don't know how Jesus did it.
Joy: Is his sister gettin' married? 'Cause if she is and she didn't ask me to be a bridesmaid, I'm goin' down to the strip club and slap her off that pole!
Catalina: What is a county fair?
Randy: It's like Disneyland for poor people.

SaucyJack
10/01/2006, 1:15 PM
NBC has shifted Earl and The Office to Thursday nights so Thursday nights are great again. The highlight of Earl is seeing Jaime Pressley play the perfect White-Trash girl, she is quite a looker. Plus Darnell is also a riot.

Some funny quotes:
Darnell: [spending Christmas in a nativity scene so Joy's parents don't find out that she and Earl are divorced] It's cold out there in that manger - I don't know how Jesus did it.
Joy: Is his sister gettin' married? 'Cause if she is and she didn't ask me to be a bridesmaid, I'm goin' down to the strip club and slap her off that pole!
Catalina: What is a county fair?
Randy: It's like Disneyland for poor people.

on last Thursdays' episode, the hispanic/ maid character get's into a tiff with the Jaimie Pressley character and curses her out in Spanish, the Jamie Pressley replies " sorry, I don't speak maid", made me laugh

max power
02/03/2006, 9:05 AM
just heard its got a second series, great news :)

Dazzy
02/03/2006, 9:26 AM
just heard its got a second series, great news :)

Maybe another 260 things will be added to his list:D

SaucyJack
02/03/2006, 12:57 PM
and to "Arrested Development" fans, the show is being picked up by Showtime on cable, from what I've heard.

ThatGuy
02/03/2006, 1:48 PM

I have watched most of the episodes so far and I must say that I'm not overly impressed. A lot of the jokes seem to be robbed from older shows. (eg The replacing birth-control pills with tic-tacs was used by the Simpsons about 10 years ago).

it isn't bad, but not in the same class as other US comedies in recent years in my opinion (eg Curb Your Enthusiasm, Scrubs, Futurama, Family Guy etc)

max power
02/03/2006, 1:52 PM
I have watched most of the episodes so far and I must say that I'm not overly impressed. A lot of the jokes seem to be robbed from older shows. (eg The replacing birth-control pills with tic-tacs was used by the Simpsons about 10 years ago).

it isn't bad, but not in the same class as other US comedies in recent years in my opinion (eg Curb Your Enthusiasm, Scrubs, Futurama, Family Guy etc)

SCRUBS:rolleyes:

Sorry but its personall taste and that has the rare qualitys that it can suck and blow at the same time ( also stolen from the simpsons:D )

plus futurama only lasted two seasons, or am i wrong ???

but curb i bow to , not even a script in sight.

The Stars
02/03/2006, 2:47 PM
SCRUBS:rolleyes:

Sorry but its personall taste and that has the rare qualitys that it can suck and blow at the same time ( also stolen from the simpsons:D )

but curb i bow to , not even a script in sight.
I taught i was the only one who hates scrubs......
I agree with everything you say.......great minds and all that.

John83
02/03/2006, 5:07 PM
Five seasons.

Marked Man
02/03/2006, 5:17 PM
six too many