PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McHugh signs for Derry City

headtheball
05/01/2006, 9:53 AM
Kevin McHugh has signed a 2 yr deal with Derry City.We will have excellent options upfront next season as McHugh is a fantastic goalscorer.I don't think his decision will go down well at Finn Park,but with Derry in a number of competions next season im sure he couldn't turn the offer down.:)

Dodge
05/01/2006, 10:03 AM
Link/source?

Mark Breen
05/01/2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.derrycityfc.net/displaystory.php?storyid=349

Raheny Red
05/01/2006, 12:11 PM
Should be some strike force next season at Derry - Farren and McHugh!!

That is a great signing for Derry - on a free makes it even better. He is still a young player and already reached over 100 league goals!

Neish
05/01/2006, 1:07 PM
Sad :( to see him go, but wish him the best of luck with his new club.
He is and will always be a Finn Harps legend IMO.

pete
05/01/2006, 1:41 PM
Should be some strike force next season at Derry - Farren and McHugh!!

Maybe they'll be as effective as Byrne & Crowe?

dcfcsteve
05/01/2006, 1:50 PM
YEEEEEOOOOOOOOO !:D

King Kenny brings the bacon home yet again - Happy Dayz !

Can't wait to see him and Farren up-front, with McCourt on the wing and Beckett in the middle providing service. That's a terrifying prospect for every other team in the country.

Roll on the Santa Cup !!

headtheball
05/01/2006, 2:08 PM

Did they not score more than O'Flynn and Fenn?

pete
05/01/2006, 3:07 PM
Did they not score more than O'Flynn and Fenn?

O'Flynn played half the league games & Fenn not good in league games. What i was suggesting is that everyone was scared of Crowe-Byrne potential this time last year & Crowe faded into 3rd choice forward.

lofty9
05/01/2006, 3:37 PM
The difference between Crowe and Byrne is that they have been established LOI goalscorers over the past 5 years, with nothing to prove. Farren and Mc Hugh will be out to prove themselves this year - Farren to all the knockers who berated his POTY award and McHugh will try to win over some doubting city fans. As a City fan this has got the potential to be a great pairing - but we haven't had two goalscoring centre forwards playing together for years - hopefully they will gel and become a success for a few years to come.

Roo69
05/01/2006, 3:54 PM
Sad :( to see him go, but wish him the best of luck with his new club.
He is and will always be a Finn Harps legend IMO.

Fair play to ya, good attitude to have towards it.

Neish
05/01/2006, 4:05 PM
McHugh netted 13 goals for us last season for a bottom of the league club, where IMO his supply lines weren't great.. He surpassed his 100th goal for the club and is still only 25. With McCourt etc supplying him for Derry I'm sure he will score plenty

Speranza
05/01/2006, 4:56 PM
Welcome to a proper club Kevin.

Farren and Mc Hugh will have every defence in the country quaking. Fantastic partnership.

Fenn not good in league games

:eek: Does he pick the games that he'll play well in or how does it work. Fenn is lazy and too light.

Red4Eva
05/01/2006, 11:09 PM
far better player than farren in my opinion. will be interesting to see how it works out

Slash/ED
07/01/2006, 4:14 PM

And net over 30 league goals between them despite one missing out on a fair few games...Derry can only hope...

Speranza
07/01/2006, 4:38 PM
I think you are deluded. Byrne fair enough provides goals but he doesn't have a partnership as such with Crowe as Shrek provides sweet FA.

Mc Hugh and Farren will be an effective attacking unit not only two people who provide goals

Slash/ED
07/01/2006, 5:09 PM
Mc Hugh and Farren will be an effective attacking unit not only two people who provide goals

What are you baseing this on? I don't know myself and neither do you

And apologies, the Crowe Byrne partnership yielded a mere 28 league goals between them (Making them the most prolific strike partnership in the league and as far as I can see by some distance fact fans), with Crowe starting alot less than 28 league games.

Speranza
08/01/2006, 12:26 AM
You didn't get my point. Byrne is without any doubt the best goalscorer in the league. Crowe and him didn't really form a partnership as the goal tally was weighted haevily in Byrne's favour.

Shouldn't matter anyway as the top 2 were and I believe will be miles ahead of the $heliban this year.

dcfc_legend9
08/01/2006, 8:53 PM
whos to say is gona automatically be mc hugh and farren up front. i doubt hes gona play beckett with them 2 up front. i reckon it will be one from mc hugh and farren. i believe both these players will bag goals with beckett playing beside them. dont forget that stevo oflynn is still knockng on the door he has scored sum vitle goals this yr for us. never rule him out.

twoenz
09/01/2006, 2:02 PM
The plan seems to be to keep 4 strikers, with a pairing of McHugh/Farren & O Flynn/Beckett.

I can't really see him lining up with three of those players on the pitch.