Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings
Processed meat
The White Stuff:
Added sugar
Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals
Table salt
Bad fats – saturated fats
Fizzy drinks

F*cking hell, what does she eat to treat her self lettuce juice and tomato bread(without butter of course)?

I would rather die young than live on that kinda cr*p.

Link below:
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/Y/yawye/detox.html

The Stars
04/01/2006, 6:51 PM
she is on a drip thats why its not on the list and she doesnt eat anything

tiktok
05/01/2006, 10:07 AM
Her show is called 'You are what you eat'.
Clearly then, she eats shrivelled, dried up old twigs with rat's faces stuck on the top.

Peadar
05/01/2006, 10:54 AM
It's all about balance.
I try to avoid carbonated drinks and "contact candy" because they're bad for my teeth but enjoy most other things in moderation and I'm rarely sick.

There's no doubt that alcohol and caffeine, in large doses, are very unhealthy so I try to keep them to a minimum.

Processed meat and red meat are linked to colon cancer so I try to avoid having either more than twice a month.

I certainly think that teaching basic nutrition and food science should be mandatory in schools.

Macy
05/01/2006, 12:23 PM
She just goes to the extreme (and is a bit too interested in poo). Did you see the one with the fat girl who won one of those pop idol style programme? She'd done really well, lost a load of weight and she gave out shít to her for having a couple of glasses of wine, a couple of times a month :confused:

I gave up smokes last May and have to say I feel better, and haven't had a chest infection or sinus trouble all winter (when I'd been plagued the previous 2).

The thing about sausages and that - sausages have always been made out of offal, that's what they were for (same as black and white pudding). And a lot of the processed meats date back centuries as a way of perserving meat (eg Corned Beef). We're too obsessed with only the prime cuts of meat imo. Having said that, I don't buy much packaged meats though (breaded chicken and the like), and get all my meat at the local butcher. Would eat red meat a couple of times a week I suppose.

Fizzy drinks I am trying to cut down on. Since I gave up the smokes, when I'm doing jobs around the house and that, instead of taking a break and having a smoke, I had (diet) coke. New Year's resolution to cut that right down - so far so good, and feel better for it (although it has been swapped for tea with sugar, so calorie wise probably worse off).

pineapple stu
05/01/2006, 1:27 PM
Smoking - don't smoke
Caffeine - don't drink coffee
Alcohol - don't actually like getting blind drunk. Enjoy a few pints though.
Chocolate and sweet snacks - Emmm...
Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings - the latter two, never had. Crisps...not too often I suppose.
Processed meat - what's this - pudding and sausages and the like (per Macy's post)? Have been known to enjoy the odd fry up...!
The White Stuff:
Added sugar - Never go for diet or low sugar stuff
Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals - Very good at this, actually! Gave up McDonald's/Burger King about four years ago after getting food poisoning while reading "Fast Food Nation"!
Table salt - Love salt.
Bad fats – saturated fats
Fizzy drinks - Yep, though would drink fruit juice more often.

In addition, have cycled an average of three miles a day for the last ten months, have a glass of milk and about four glasses of water a day...and am still two stone overweight and borderline clinically obese! Damn desk job... That said, bar the food poisoning, I haven't been ill in about six years.

I don't think your diet affects you as much as is made out at times...

Macy
05/01/2006, 2:36 PM
Caffeine - don't drink coffee
Fizzy drinks - Yep, though would drink fruit juice more often.
Depends on your fizzy drinks really, but a lot of them have caffeine in them. Would never have put you down as an fruit juice drinker :D

btw, the white stuff was white bread, nothing to do with ex UCD keepers. Guilty as charged for me on that front - no way does a brown pan taste as nice as a Pat The Baker Toaster (never mind a Cully's Batch)...

pineapple stu
05/01/2006, 4:31 PM
Ah... :) Yep, enjoy white bread too! Don't drink Coke incidentally - think it was initially a puerile anti-American thing, but now I think I've pursuaded myself I don't like it! What about saturated fats and "bad" fats? Though I've been known to leave behind the fat on the most lean of meats!

Yep, I enjoy my fruit juice. Pineapple juice would be among my favourites - another nugget you never knew about me! :D Apparently it's fairly fattening as well. In the quantities I drink it!

the 12 th man
05/01/2006, 4:45 PM
So whats the benefit if any of drinking a diet soft drink as opposed to a regular one ?.

anto1208
05/01/2006, 4:47 PM
on prossed meat if ye seen it been made ye would never eat anothe rburger chicken nugget etc again ,

on that school dinners show they showed nuggets being made basically they get the carcass of a chicken once the breast ,legs and wings have been removed . blend it up bones and all trow in loads of skin then a few jugs of fat blend it all up into a paste and put bread crums on it !!!.

anto1208
05/01/2006, 4:49 PM
So whats the benefit if any of drinking a diet soft drink as opposed to a regular one ?.

depends on the drink but mainly no sugar .

ive switched to 7 up free no sugar no caffine colourings etc

the 12 th man
05/01/2006, 4:56 PM
depends on the drink but mainly no sugar .

Sugar free,Yeah,but do they not put some other ingredient into it thats bad for you to make it sweet?.

Neish
05/01/2006, 4:56 PM
Smoking-Don't smoke(well not tobacco anyhow;) )

Caffeine have an occasional cup of tea 2 or 3 a week on average

Alcohol- Average night out is about 4-5 pints of cider and mayb a few vodkas

Chocolate and sweet snacksNot a massive choclate fan but do tend to stuff my face with it when its about

Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings Love salt & vinegar and bacon fries abou 5 packs a week between the two

Processed meat occasionally

The White Stuff:Eat quite a bit of white bread

Added sugar 1.5 tea spoons in my tea and a spoon on my corn flakes

Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals don't eat that many take aways usually only if I'm on the rip

Table salt add a pinch to most of my meals

Bad fats – saturated fats. only if its in some of the ready meals and take aways etc

Fizzy drinks 3-4 glasses/bottles a week

Macy
06/01/2006, 7:55 AM
on prossed meat if ye seen it been made ye would never eat anothe rburger chicken nugget etc again ,

on that school dinners show they showed nuggets being made basically they get the carcass of a chicken once the breast ,legs and wings have been removed . blend it up bones and all trow in loads of skin then a few jugs of fat blend it all up into a paste and put bread crums on it !!!.
My point was more about sausages, which she used as an example. imo it showed people's ignorance rather than that they were bad. Offal isn't necessarily bad - it's the reconstituted stuff sold as 100% chicken/ Beef etc that is the real issue.

Get down your local butcher, and then you won't have to put up with the supermarket crap...

noby
06/01/2006, 9:45 AM
Gillian McKeith 12 most toxic foods

I think you'll find it's spelled E.X.O.T.I.C.

Green Tribe
06/01/2006, 9:52 AM
Smoking- Don't smoke - yuck !

Caffeine Don't drink coffee, just tea with bit of milk or green tea, twice a day

Alcohol- Don't drink as often as i used to and much less than i used to.

Chocolate and sweet snacks Never eat chocolate or sweet things, just don't like them, same as all my family
Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings er...:o my downfall, crisps, tayto...drool,but cos i am in scotland, cannot get access, so don't eat too many crisps

Processed meat not too often,i don't eat a lot of red meat and i love fish

The White Stuff:not much, eat brown bread

Added sugar don't take sugar in tea or add it to anything

Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals not often at all
Table salt a wee bit

Bad fats – saturated fats. some
Fizzy drinks never
altered your quote neish, think i do ok, but i guess i am lucky my mum is a good cook! :D

Macy
06/01/2006, 10:07 AM
I'm surprised you can't get them (Tayto) in Scotland, Green Tribe. Used to be a few places in Manch that you could get them.

tiktok
06/01/2006, 10:11 AM
Smoking I don't smoke

Caffeine 1 Cup of tea a day at most, the odd bottle of Diet Coke

Alcohol I don't (tbh can't) drink anymore, haven't had more than 3 pints in a long while (Night we won the league maybe), usually end up driving on night's out as well.

Chocolate and sweet snacks I eat too much chocolate and I'm a sucker for Pastries.

Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings Rarely touch them

Processed meat Usually don't, get meat form the local butchers, quite fussy about it

The White Stuff: No white bread, a little white Rice

Added sugar Only in tea

Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals Probably have an indian or Chinese take-away once a week

Table salt Don't use much of it

Bad fats – saturated fats Not sure, I guess in The Take-aways

Fizzy drinks Now and again I'll have a bottle of diet Coke

Dr.Nightdub
06/01/2006, 11:48 PM
Smoking 20 Marlboro Light a day, for 27 years now. Best one of the day is just when I wake up, before I get out of bed.

Caffeine Seven or eight mugs of black filter Java a day. Don't drink tea, I have to give me bladder a chance.

Alcohol Once or twice a week, usually to excess. Finishing the night off with a tequila & Red Bull is a guaranteed hangover-avoidance tactic.

Recreational goodies Ah yeah. Never done smack though.

Chocolate and sweet snacks Chocolate bikkies after dinner, that'd be the height of it.

Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings Not really.

Processed meat A weekend morning just isn't the same without Superquinn sausages, Shaws smoked rashers and Clonakilty pudding.

The White Stuff: No bread at all. Unless you count a fried soda farl and fried tatie bread with the processed meat (see above).

Added sugar One and a bit in coffee.

Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals Takeaway from Toni's on Emmet Road every other Friday. Ready meal or Chinese if I'm working dead late and get lazy on the way home.

Bad fats – saturated fats Probably (see much of the above)

Fizzy drinks Club Energise at the weekend. A fry leaves you fierce thirsty.

Table salt Never. Salt is bad for you. :D

sligoman
07/01/2006, 12:01 AM
Finishing the night off with a tequila & Red Bull is a guaranteed hangover-avoidance tactic.I might test you on that the next night I'm out so;):D.

ollie
07/01/2006, 12:18 AM
Smoking Don't smoke thank god.never did

Caffeine Don't drink coffee.very very rarely would i have tea.

Alcohol it varies from 0 to 3 times a week.(depends if i'm working at weekends and/or in college.) usually around 5 pints give or take a bit a night

Recreational goodies Not my scene

Chocolate and sweet snacks this is my downfall.have something sweet almost every day.i'm a minor chocoholic.

Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings crisps at work mostly.the odd time i'd have nuts

Processed meat about 2 or 3 servings with processed meat a week

The White Stuff: have a bit with every hot chicken roll i get(i get about 2 a week.whenever i get a sandwich though i always get brown bread cause its supposed to be a lot better for you.maybe once a week i'd buy a sandwich.i use brown rice instead of white also.

Added sugar have a about 2 or 3 tea spoons of it the odd time i have porridge

Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals Takeaway from lennoxs and hillbillys and donatello's. usually have about one a week maybe 2.

Bad fats – saturated fats Probably (see much of the above)

Fizzy drinks have a pint of diet 7up every time i'm working which is about once a week during college and it varies at other times.don't touch coke and rarely touch other fizzy sugary drinks.have a bottle of powerade before i play most football matches

Table salt sometimes put a sachet with chips from takeaway

i'm rarely sick and weigh 10.5 stone and i'm 5"11 so i makes off i'm not too bad.need to put on weight more than loose it.need to beef up with weights over the next few months.

pineapple stu
07/01/2006, 12:38 AM
weigh 10.5 stone and i'm 5"11
You skinny ba$stard!!!

Try 5'6" and 13½stone...:o That's desk jobs for you!

dcfcsteve
08/01/2006, 3:53 AM
Sugar free,Yeah,but do they not put some other ingredient into it thats bad for you to make it sweet?.

Aspartame. Theories abound that it's bad for pretty much every part of your body - particularly your brain, and there's stories of Coke, Pepsi etc suppressing evidence and scientific reports that say so as well.

Might just be the usual urban myth, but tobacco companies also suppressed bad reports about smoking for years before they were forced to admit it. Artifical sweeteners are massively cheaper than sugar and are man-made (i.e. not as market-dependent as natural substances like sugar), so the theory is that there's a clear financial benefit to manufacturers in using them.

I drink a lot of fizzies and my memory has been noticeably shot to pieces in the last 5 or so years, so I've switched away from the Diet versions of Pepsi. I figured that as long as my dental hygeine was good, the negative impact of the sugar in those drinks should be less than any possible negative impact of the aspartame. Next step is to give the buggers up totally though....

Do a google search on Aspartame and you'll find tonnes of 'interesting' stuff...

dcfcsteve
08/01/2006, 8:55 PM
[i'm rarely sick and weigh 10.5 stone and i'm 5"11 so i makes off i'm not too bad.need to put on weight more than loose it.need to beef up with weights over the next few months.

Feck ! Do you have trouble staying upright in a brisk wind......? ;)

I'm 6"1' and a little over 13 stone. I've never been fat, but I aas up at 15 stone almost 2 years ago. Those were the days when Breakfast consisted of 2 bars of chocolate and a packet of crisps in the office, which pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day..... :eek:

ollie
09/01/2006, 10:17 AM
Feck ! Do you have trouble staying upright in a brisk wind......? ;)

i just stay indoors if there is:o ;)

Pauro 76
10/01/2006, 2:27 PM
some tv pundit in a Sunday paper mentioned that he's rather choke on a 10th kebab of the night while on the razzle, rather than listen that wizened old witch nagging at him. Tend to agree! :)

Green Tribe
10/01/2006, 3:07 PM
I'm surprised you can't get them (Tayto) in Scotland, Green Tribe. Used to be a few places in Manch that you could get them.

Tayto bikers if you're lucky, Jinty McGinty's pub sell them at 60p a packet, thieving bas***** :mad: :eek:

sligoman
10/01/2006, 8:23 PM
Tayto bikers if you're lucky, Jinty McGinty's pub sell them at 60p a packet, thieving bas***** :mad: :eek:Tayto is manky anyway!:p

ollie
11/01/2006, 11:15 AM
Tayto is manky anyway!:p

king crisps all the way!!!:)

Peadar
11/01/2006, 11:24 AM
Jinty McGinty's pub sell them at 60p a packet, thieving bas***** :mad: :eek:

Waxy O'Connor's used to always have Tayto and Club Orange in stock. Have they stopped carrying these products?

John83
11/01/2006, 2:34 PM
Smoking Don't smoke
Caffeine Tea, between 2 & 4 cups a day.
Alcohol Don't drink.
Chocolate and sweet snacks Far too much!
Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings Very little.
Processed meat A good bit.
The White Stuff: As someone else said, brown bread doesn't taste as good.
Added sugar A little on my breakfast cereal, rarely otherwise.
Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals Often.
Table salt Only on chips, so very rarely.
Bad fats – saturated fats Pay no attention to this - I wouldn't know good from bad!
Fizzy drinks Far too much, but I'm cutting them out.

I'm 6'0" and far too fat to tell. :o

dcfcsteve
12/01/2006, 12:39 AM
Smoking Don't smoke
Caffeine Tea, between 2 & 4 cups a day.
Alcohol Don't drink.
Chocolate and sweet snacks Far too much!
Pub snacks: crisps, nuts, pork scratchings Very little.
Processed meat A good bit.
The White Stuff: As someone else said, brown bread doesn't taste as good.
Added sugar A little on my breakfast cereal, rarely otherwise.
Lazy food: takeaways and ready meals Often.
Table salt Only on chips, so very rarely.
Bad fats – saturated fats Pay no attention to this - I wouldn't know good from bad!
Fizzy drinks Far too much, but I'm cutting them out.

I'm 6'0" and far too fat to tell. :o

I've just realised that that Gillian McKeith is talking out of her arse ! Those aren't the 12 most toxic foods. Plenty others are worse for you, like these for starters :

1) A Sh!t sandwich (or anything involving excrament, particularly pidgeon's).
2) Cyanaide-on-toast.
3) Raw meat (particularly if it's been out of the fridge for some time on a hot day).
4) Freshly killed un-cooked chickens from certain regions of Turkey.
5) BSE-Burgers.
6) Well out-of-date eggs fed to sick old people on an empty stomach.
7) A knuckle sandwich from somebody much bigger and angrier than you.
8) Cod Liver Oil (liquid form).
9) Hot Dogs from street vendors.
10) Marmite

See ! That doris knows nothin'.......

Colm
12/01/2006, 1:01 PM
Smoking: Don't smoke

Caffeine: Don't drink coffee but have a bottle of coke the odd time

Alcohol: At least 1 heavy night out every week (drink more during football season, especially on away trips)

Chocolate and sweet snacks: Not much any more, maybe 1-2 bags of hula hoops a week!

Pub snacks: No

Processed meat: Maybe the odd burger or fry up, but rarely these days.

The White Stuff: The odd sandwich, once or twice a week.

Added sugar: Not that I'm aware of!

Lazy food: A nice Indian Madras with chips one evening a week and the same after a night out. Maybe a Pizza the odd time too.

Table salt: Used to have loads but very rarely use it now, not even on chips.

Fizzy drinks: Not much anymore, try to stick to juice.

I go to the gym about 5 days a week and do about 3-4 kms on threadmill plus a decent amount of weights in each session.

John83
12/01/2006, 4:20 PM
I've just realised that that Gillian McKeith is talking out of her arse ! Those aren't the 12 most toxic foods. Plenty others are worse for you, like these for starters :

1) A Sh!t sandwich (or anything involving excrament, particularly pidgeon's).
2) Cyanaide-on-toast.
3) Raw meat (particularly if it's been out of the fridge for some time on a hot day).
4) Freshly killed un-cooked chickens from certain regions of Turkey.
5) BSE-Burgers.
6) Well out-of-date eggs fed to sick old people on an empty stomach.
7) A knuckle sandwich from somebody much bigger and angrier than you.
8) Cod Liver Oil (liquid form).
9) Hot Dogs from street vendors.
10) Marmite

See ! That doris knows nothin'.......
That's my POTM.

Peadar
13/01/2006, 9:32 PM
I go to the gym about 5 days a week and do about 3-4 kms on threadmill plus a decent amount of weights in each session.

That's nothing to be ashamed of, Colm. We all get a bit lazy during the off season.

Green Tribe
17/01/2006, 4:11 PM
Waxy O'Connor's used to always have Tayto and Club Orange in stock. Have they stopped carrying these products?

Don't think so, buggers! :(