PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Mac

pineapple stu
04/01/2006, 12:42 PM
The PFAI website (http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=14651&PHPSESSID=fb5ac6d93d54d781b7c6c3980092500e) lists him as a free agent, so evidently he's over the injury he had last season. I'd imagine we've also turned down the chance to sign him after the way things went last season. Be interesting to see where he ends up. Would take him at left back over Daz Ryan anyway...

Poor Student
04/01/2006, 1:19 PM
That list is not exactly something to be trusted though.

ihatejam
04/01/2006, 2:45 PM
Would take him at left back over Daz Ryan anyway...
cop on will you pineapple! darragh ryan is much more solid that mcauley,and hes more nimble shall we say!im suprised at you,what a terrible shout that was!

pineapple stu
04/01/2006, 11:07 PM
Darragh Ryan is much more solid that McAuley
Ehhh...no. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one jammy!

CollegeTillIDie
05/01/2006, 7:20 AM
Robbie Mac can play centre-back as well as left-back and his long throw-in was the source of a fair few goals during his tenure at Belfield. I would have him back in a heart beat. He was also our record goalscorer in Europe:D
Sorry to see the back of Newguy, and Micko too for the record.

ihatejam
05/01/2006, 12:43 PM
Robbie Mac can play centre-back as well as left-back and his long throw-in was the source of a fair few goals during his tenure at Belfield. I would have him back in a heart beat. He was also our record goalscorer in Europe:D
Sorry to see the back of Newguy, and Micko too for the record.

yes ok c.t.i.d we will stick a liability in at the heart of our defence because he can throw a ball long..oh i know every time a team score against us he can pick the ball out of the net and see if he can throw it to the half way line ok?we will see this season when daz comes back..we will see how WRONG you's all are...including pineapple! and il be expecting an apology also!

pineapple stu
05/01/2006, 3:34 PM
Explain how Robbie Mac's a liability?

Even if he were to be responsible for more goals than Daz (unlikely), he'd make up for it at the other end - 2 goals in 100 for Daz from the wing v. 18 in 234 for Robbie. Daz's still a decent enough player, though I'd prefer him on the wing and Robbie Mac or McEniff at full-back.

Poor Student
05/01/2006, 5:38 PM
You never know, both Ryan and Cawley could be signed to cover left wing which only now has the relatively untested Doyle. Perhaps McEniff is earmarked to start at left back or someone else is coming through/being brought in. I am delighted that Mahon has noticed the imbalance with natural left siders and is adressing this problem.

Schumi
05/01/2006, 5:58 PM
Can't agree with Robbie being a liability at centre back. He always looked quite solid there to me. At left-back on the other hand...

pineapple stu
05/01/2006, 6:19 PM
I am delighted that Mahon has noticed the imbalance with natural left siders and is adressing this problem.
This would be the natural imbalance which partly arose because our second most experienced player was released? ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing Derek Doyle get a few more games next season though.

CollegeTillIDie
08/01/2006, 11:09 AM
ihatejam

How many seasons have you been watching College?
Cause in my 25 years at Belfield , there is no way Iwould ever consider Robbie Mc to even come close to being among the bottom 5 centre backs I have seen play for College.

John83
09/01/2006, 6:17 PM
Explain how Robbie Mac's a liability?

Even if he were to be responsible for more goals than Daz (unlikely), he'd make up for it at the other end - 2 goals in 100 for Daz from the wing v. 18 in 234 for Robbie. Daz's still a decent enough player, though I'd prefer him on the wing and Robbie Mac or McEniff at full-back.
My memories of Darragh Ryan consist entirely of a feeling of rising panic every time the opposing right winger got the ball. I'd sooner see Micko back there, and Micko was no left back either.