PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Stats

el punter
04/01/2006, 11:38 AM
I'm trying to build a database of stats for the Eircom League and could do with a little help. I want player names, positions, and 2005 data on apps and goals for each player.

Some of the official club sites have this info in an easy to extract format, others have it an a more complicated one (such as Shels), some dont have it at all

Searches of all the usual league sites plus the fans sites have failed to deliver everything also. I think I recall some talk of a similar Database being built by the members of this forum - did it ever happen?

Failing the discovery of the existence of such information online, perhaps some of the individual supporters of clubs could supply the data to me and I will build the database and put it on a website for everyone to see and use however they wish.

Any takers? Looking for one source from each Eircom League Club, and also from the Irish League if possible.

Magicme
04/01/2006, 11:46 AM
Not sure if you checked out the stats section on www.monaghanunited.ie but it is pretty good although I dont think the last few games were updated. If you want to contact our webmaster he should b able to give u further details.

email webmaster@monaghanunited.ie

blutil
04/01/2006, 12:02 PM
http://www.waterford-united.ie/stats2005.htm

el punter
04/01/2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks lads, a fair bit of reformatting to do with the Waterford ones, but graft is inevitable to achieve anything worthwhile I suppose!

The Monaghan stats are perfect for adding to my own DB

Keep 'em coming

pineapple stu
04/01/2006, 12:23 PM
PM me your e-mail and I'll forward an Excel sheet with UCD's 2005 details.