PDA

View Full Version : Pat Devlin Advisor/Scout/Agent/Manager Thread

Pages : [1] 2

optimus
04/01/2006, 11:32 AM
http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=7596&st=0

Colm
04/01/2006, 11:49 AM
This is an absolutely disgraceful situation imo.

This man is a disgrace to Irish football and I hope Rico and Lennox go out of their way to have him severly reprimanded.

The fact that Bray still use this slimeballs services makes me think they don't deserve a place in this league. We saw how they sat back and accepted the Zayed fiasco though so no doubt they'll be quite satisfied with this too!

Roo69
04/01/2006, 11:53 AM

Some of the stuff on that is just priceless, just goes to show a lot of the corkies really don't have a clue about anything but there own club.....

I'm 99% sure Devo had nothing to do with any of the players from Cork (who WANTED themselves to leave Cork, O'Flynn just got cold feet and has decided to stick his ya until he plucks up the courage to try further his career, Kearney has made a massive step up and fair play to him for taking the chance) deals because he has his own transfer dealing to cope with at the moment.

Infact, i know that another top eL star wanted Devlin's advise on a big move so he was tied up with that so he would'nt have had time to deal with small time matters like that.

Another thing....... why do people say stuff that they just hae'nt got a clue about ? it just makes them look like the idiots that they are. Zayed fiasco ? what in the name of hell are you talking about ? what Fiasco ? The 8 week loan deal that we did for Zayed made us €100,000 and kept the club running and paid bills. The Wesley Charles deal, aloud us make room for several other players to come into the squad, which played a major part in us staying up and going on our cup run.

The fact that Cork allow players contracts to expire and dont actually know how to deal with this sort of stuff shows how amatur they are off the field. Doyle and Long 1st, then Kearney, and only because O'Flynn got cold feet he would have been off as well and all within the space of a few months ! truely shocking way to run a club

Poor Student
04/01/2006, 11:53 AM
Where's the evidence of this by the way?

Colm
04/01/2006, 11:56 AM
Infact, i know that another top eL star wanted Devlin's advise on a big move so he was tied up with that so he would'nt have had time to deal with small time matters like that.

He was trying to ensure he lined his pockets with Jason Byrne's move so?? I'm delighted it fell through in that case!

Roo, weren't you one of the fellas who thought Zayed's move was great business too?? The slimeball can do no wrong in your eyes it seems!:rolleyes:

Roo69
04/01/2006, 12:03 PM
He was trying to ensure he lined his pockets with Jason Byrne's move so?? I'm delighted it fell through in that case!

Roo, weren't you one of the fellas who thought Zayed's move was great business too?? The slimeball can do no wrong in your eyes it seems!:rolleyes:

Yeah the Zayed deal was the best part of business any eL club has EVER done, €100,000 for an 8 week loan deal ! If you think anyother club in the eL would turn that kind of cash down then your going mad or are already there ! Part of the deal was that Zayed also signed a brand new contract with us before he went, which he did.

Colm
04/01/2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah the Zayed deal was the best part of business any eL club has EVER done, €100,000 for an 8 week loan deal ! If you think anyother club in the eL would turn that kind of cash down then your going mad or are already there ! Part of the deal was that Zayed also signed a brand new contract with us before he went, which he did.

You had no interest in winning the FAI cup then?:rolleyes:

optimus
04/01/2006, 12:07 PM
so 100k is the price you put on success.. your a sad little man if all you value is money in the bank over prestige and trophys....

tiktok
04/01/2006, 12:07 PM

Is that Murphy to Sunderland or Byrne to Djurgarden you're talking about?
I heard he was stuck in both.

If anything, you're thinly veiled admission that Devlin had his nose stuck in 'advising' a player from another club on a move (Jason Byrne in case anyone is still in doubt) actually adds credence to the claims CCFC fans are making.

Sonmeone acting as manager (or coach or whatever the fcuk he calls himself) with one EL club should absolutely not be allowed to have dealings with a player from any other club.

If he had the decency to admit that he's an agent rather than an advisor it'd actually be illegal for him to do it under the league's own rules. But thenit'd cost money to set yourself up as an agent, wouldn't it?

Most people in the league are wise to Devlin at this stage, defend him all you want, it won't make much difference.

Macy
04/01/2006, 12:13 PM
To me, it depends on when he was acting as an advisor. If Kearney had already decided to move and went looking for help I don't really see the problem. Ditto Jason Byrne (who decided to stay ffs).

tbh, I've more concerns if Devo's working as a scout, rather than advising players already going.

The Zayed deal was great business - €100k (about the same as Doyle) and he only went on loan. Think people need a reality check on that.

Roo69
04/01/2006, 12:13 PM
so 100k is the price you put on success.. your a sad little man if all you value is money in the bank over prestige and trophys....

So you telling me that winning the FAI cup and prize money of €25k and being relagated is more important than making our short term financial future safe (€100k) and remaining in the premier division ?

Ask any fan, premier division football or a cup win and relegation.......

Keeping Bray Wanderers FC in the premier and running from a day to day basis is far more important than winning the cup in my eyes.

tiktok
04/01/2006, 12:34 PM
To me, it depends on when he was acting as an advisor. If Kearney had already decided to move and went looking for help I don't really see the problem. Ditto Jason Byrne (who decided to stay ffs).

That's true, though I'd heard that he became involved while Kearney was still a CCFC player. For an opposing manager to 'advise' a player on a move during a season stinks.

As does his advising Byrne ffs, regardless of whether Byrne stayed or went, the fact that Devlin was advising a player on a move from Shels to Djurgarden when Bray Wanderers stood to profit directly from the transfer is completely unacceptable and the league should step in.

tiktok
04/01/2006, 12:35 PM
So you telling me that winning the FAI cup and prize money of €25k and being relagated is more important than making our short term financial future safe (€100k) and remaining in the premier division ?

The Zayed deal was good business for Bray, but don't try to defend it by claiming that letting Zayed go increased your chances of staying up ffs!

pete
04/01/2006, 12:45 PM
As does his advising Byrne ffs, regardless of whether Byrne stayed or went, the fact that Devlin was advising a player on a move from Shels to Djurgarden when Bray Wanderers stood to profit directly from the transfer is completely unacceptable and the league should step in.

An amazing clash of interests although seems Devlin only looks after no.1 so doubt he cares for Bray much...

You only have to substitute the scenario for bigger names in the UK to see how unbelievable this all is.

Macy
04/01/2006, 12:47 PM
An amazing clash of interests although seems Devlin only looks after no.1 so doubt he cares for Bray much...

You only have to substitute the scenario for bigger names in the UK to see how unbelievable this all is.
Assuming it's true, obviously.

Think some of you need to realise how under hand the eL is in general, with the amount of tapping up that goes on - both by managers and managers using players to do it for them.

Roo69
04/01/2006, 1:14 PM
Assuming it's true, obviously.

Think some of you need to realise how under hand the eL is in general, with the amount of tapping up that goes on - both by managers and managers using players to do it for them.

Totally agreed with ya, jesus im sure some of the lads who post on here have been used to tap players up and find out information etc....

This is just another way for Cork fans to moan, nothing strange there then ! They seriously need to sort there own house out 1st before trying to slate other people who they don't know anything about.

And as for Devo not caring about Bray, that is probably one of the dumbest things ive ever seen posted on these boards, answer me this, how many years has Devo been involved with Bray ? how much of his own money has he put into the club ? how much does he take out ? You seriously hav'nt got a fcuking clue what your talking about !

I'm not defending anyone or anything like it, but at least talk the truth or get your facts right before you try and have ago at the man.

tiktok
04/01/2006, 1:33 PM
This is just another way for Cork fans to moan, nothing strange there then ! They seriously need to sort there own house out 1st before trying to slate other people who they don't know anything about.

No one's denying that we have our own issues, but if Rico had been behind the Zayed move, there's no way in hell you would be as comfortable with it.

Devlin shouldn't be allowed to act as an advisor or agent for any player within the EL or being considered for approach by an EL club as long as he's associated with Bray. That's the fcuking point.

sligoman
04/01/2006, 7:41 PM
The fact that Bray still use this slimeballs services makes me think they don't deserve a place in this league.Why is it that Cork win the league and their fans suddenly think that a load of other teams should be thrown out?:rolleyes:.

Mental Man
04/01/2006, 9:10 PM
In all fairness lads and i think the cork lads have a point, i was up in Belfield the night Pat Devlin introduced Daryl Murphy to that wankstain Mick McCarthy and i saw it with my own eyes, i knew there and then that he was going to pawn off daryl and that we were seeing the last of daryl playing in the EL.
These so called advisers are destroying the league so just they can line their own pockets, F**KING Parasite that should be put down, i have more respect for a lump of dog crap that is stuck to my shoe tonight.:mad:

KK77
05/01/2006, 8:14 AM
Lads anyone who knows Devo knows when it comes to money it's his number one baby!!!

Roo69
05/01/2006, 1:13 PM
How come no thread about Rico trying to tap Zayed up ?

KR's Post
05/01/2006, 1:43 PM
In Cork City fans eyes, their club can do no wrong Roo! We all know that!!!

pete
05/01/2006, 1:46 PM

Facts?

Macy
05/01/2006, 1:56 PM
Facts?
About who, Devo or Rico?

Roo69
05/01/2006, 2:02 PM
Facts?

no not facts, it's fact ! and he's not the only manager tapping Zayed up, Farrelly at it as well...... Just as well he signed a new contract with us, dont reckon any eL club could afford his transfer fee.

People have also tried to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 10 with regards Devo being an advisor to Kearney and Yellow belly O'Flynn. and on this subject, from what ive heard Devo did not actually do much with the Jayo move, DIF contacted him about Jason, Shels were interested to see what they had to offer and Devo just set the meetings up along with UEFA registered AGENTS

Kingdom
05/01/2006, 2:24 PM

I might ask a question: Having read a few pages of the forum link above, the general jist is that Dolan had little or nothing to do with Doyle going to Reading, that it was actually Pat Devlin? If thats the case then what's with all the Dolan bashing over the past year from what seems to be the majority of the Cork fans on this site?

tiktok
05/01/2006, 2:27 PM
I might ask a question: Having read a few pages of the forum link above, the general jist is that Dolan had little or nothing to do with Doyle going to Reading, that it was actually Pat Devlin? If thats the case then what's with all the Dolan bashing over the past year from what seems to be the majority of the Cork fans on this site?

You've completely misread it if you think that's the general jist I'm afraid.
No-one thinks Devlin was involved in the Doyle transfer.

As for Rico tapping up Zayed while he's contracted to Bray, if it's true, Bray should take action shouldn't they.
I'll wait and see if they do or if this is just a smokescreen to deflect attention from Devlin's actions.

Schumi
05/01/2006, 6:42 PM
I'd say there are very few transfers in this league where the player hasn't been tapped up.

Éanna
05/01/2006, 6:56 PM
If Rico or anyone at CCFC has done anything wrong then Bray are entitled to make a complaint about it, and I'd have no complaints about them doing so. As for Delin- the man is a cancer on this league. Its a joke and a disgrace that the manager of a premier division club in our league is actively shipping talent away from it. When are the FAI going to stand up to the is scumbag and put him in his place?

Roo69
06/01/2006, 10:34 AM
Oh i ****ing love being right..............

Lads, now this is all 100% FACT so dont try come back with silly answers or slagging people off.......

Pat Devlin had NOTHING to do with any of the Cork players wanting to move, 100% absolutey nothing ! this was a story set up to try and deflect pressure away from the club. Kearney was offered a new contract but with less wages, understandalby he was not happy so Kearney went to a sports agents company called Pro-Active Sports, who are based in the UK. They have a indpendent 3rd party repesentative over here now, who is Kevin Grogan, who once played with Bray but also worked for Cork when Dolan was in charge. Grogan did all the dealings and never once was Pat Devlin involved with this.....

It's fine, i accept all you apoligies........ ;-)

tiktok
06/01/2006, 10:54 AM
Lads, now this is all 100% FACT so dont try come back with silly answers or slagging people off.......

What, like you did? :rolleyes:

Your theory is riddled with errors, Kearney was not offered a contract with less wages, I know that for a fact. Who told you the story was set-up to deflect pressure, sounds like a stretch to me to claim that someone at CCFC would pick Devlin as a target when it'd be easier and more believable to pick Dolan. I doubt anyone associated with the club started this rumour.

As for the rest after the bull and speculation in your 100% FACT story :rolleyes: , if Grogan was Kearney's agent, fair enough, but Devlin has a history of this sh!te, that's why the Kearney story was so believable

Colm
06/01/2006, 11:20 AM
Your theory is riddled with errors, Kearney was not offered a contract with less wages, I know that for a fact. Who told you the story was set-up to deflect pressure, sounds like a stretch to me to claim that someone at CCFC would pick Devlin as a target when it'd be easier and more believable to pick Dolan. I doubt anyone associated with the club started this rumour.

Spot on Tiktok.

If Cork City wanted to fabricate a story they would have tried to lay the blame with Dolan as a lot of City fans would have been only too happy to fall for it hook, line and sinker.
Also as Tiktok said, Kearney was not offered less wages. He was on a very poor wage from when he originally signed and was offered an increase but the new deal was still very poor (I have no problem admitting that as a City fan).

Grogan from what I remember of him is quite close to Devlin so if anything Devlin is the one being economical with the truth and trying to deflect attention. I'd be fairly confident that both Devlin and Grogan were involved, I just know that the people who have told me Devlin is involved would not make it up and would not spread it around unless they were quite sure.

Roo69
06/01/2006, 11:22 AM
As i stated from the very start, Devo had nothing to do with Kearney wanting to leave Cork, this was there own doing...... He also had nothing to do with Yellow belly O'Flynn wanting to leave Cork and then changing his mind.

A story of complete lies.

As i said these facts have come direct from the people involved.

And oh yeah, Rico was actually on twice to Zayed tapping him up......

Colm
06/01/2006, 11:25 AM
As i stated from the very start, Devo had nothing to do with Kearney wanting to leave Cork, this was there own doing...... He also had nothing to do with Yellow belly O'Flynn wanting to leave Cork and then changing his mind.

A story of complete lies.

So your saying Devlin can do no wrong but Rico is as corrupt as they come?!:rolleyes:

Roo69
06/01/2006, 11:33 AM
So your saying Devlin can do no wrong but Rico is as corrupt as they come?!:rolleyes:

When did i ever say that ?

As stated on the post by someone, im sure every deal involves a bit of tapping up, thats just the nature of the game.....

But my point is that, i know for FACT that Pat Devlin had nothing what so ever to do with this, yet Cork fans come on absolutley slating him for something that he has nothing to do with, and on the other hand there own manager is trying to rob one of our players.

razor
06/01/2006, 12:17 PM
Oh i ****ing love being right..............

Pat Devlin had NOTHING to do with any of the Cork players wanting to move, 100% absolutey nothing ! this was a story set up to try and deflect pressure away from the club. Kearney was offered a new contract but with less wages, understandalby he was not happy so Kearney went to a sports agents company called Pro-Active Sports, who are based in the UK. They have a indpendent 3rd party repesentative over here now, who is Kevin Grogan, who once played with Bray but also worked for Cork when Dolan was in charge. Grogan did all the dealings and never once was Pat Devlin involved with this.....
I think the inaccuracy of Kearney being offered less wages is not the main point here, i'm sure he was offered more but refused it.
what i'd like to know is who put Kearney in contact with Pro-Active Sports?
the link between Dolan and Grogan stinks to high heaven and pro Dolanites trying to forge a Grogan-Devlin link may in fact be clutching at straws here.
I've thought from the start that this Devlin talk was just a cover to try and shield Dolan from anymore blame on dealings with Cork City players and its looking more and more like that now.

A face
06/01/2006, 12:23 PM
Why is it that Cork win the league and their fans suddenly think that a load of other teams should be thrown out?:rolleyes:.

I think you might be confusing the issue sligoman, its got nothing to do with who won the league, it is Devlins actions that are in question. Suggesting the should be thrown out of the league is ott but i think that was just said in the heat of the moment.

Colm
06/01/2006, 12:27 PM
I've thought from the start that this Devlin talk was just a cover to try and shield Dolan from anymore blame on dealings with Cork City players and its looking more and more like that now.

Razor, why would Eanna (who hates Dolan even more than you) start it in that case??

pete
06/01/2006, 12:31 PM
Razor, why would Eanna (who hates Dolan even more than you) start it in that case??

He loves him really so this is a way of showing it without letting anyone know. :D

tiktok
06/01/2006, 12:49 PM

I thought Devlin WASN'T involved :rolleyes:

Your facts did not come direct from the people involved ffs, that's completely obvious, you are spinning bullsh!t regarding Liam Kearney's contract, and your claim that this was a rumour started to deflect attention from the club is ridiculous, I'd love to know what people directly involved told you this.

and as I said before, if that IS true, Bray should take action.
I love the way as you're getting more defensive, Rico's crimes increase

It all sounds to me a bit like "this was a story set up to try and deflect pressure away from...." :rolleyes:

Roo69
06/01/2006, 12:59 PM
I thought Devlin WASN'T involved :rolleyes:

Your facts did not come direct from the people involved ffs, that's completely obvious, you are spinning bullsh!t regarding Liam Kearney's contract, and your claim that this was a rumour started to deflect attention from the club is ridiculous, I'd love to know what people directly involved told you this.

Did i say i was talking to Devlin ? No point in trying to put words in my mouth or to try and make it out ive said stuff that i actually have'nt. You see thats the whole problem here, people beliving things without actually having any real proof or facts. Listen, why would i try to spinj bull**** about another clubs players contract ? i have no reason to what so ever ! i replyed to this post trying to clear the facts up but yet Cork fans still think Devlin had something to do with this when he actually did'nt.

and as I said before, if that IS true, Bray should take action.
I love the way as you're getting more defensive, Rico's crimes increase

It all sounds to me a bit like "this was a story set up to try and deflect pressure away from...." :rolleyes:

Yeah we should try take action against Rico, but as with everything in this league, nothing ever gets done and Rico or any other manager who will attepmt this will not get punished, so whats the point in waisting our time and money ?

tiktok
06/01/2006, 1:16 PM
Listen, why would i try to spinj bull**** about another clubs players contract ?

To defend your mate Devlin, your motives are quite obvious.:confused:

So obviously you were talking to Grogan as that's the only other person I can see you having any access to, yeah?

Well, if he did tell you what you posted above w.r.t. Kearney's contract then he lied to you, so I don't see why I should take your (his) word on Devlin seriously when I know for a fact that there is a complete lie (passed as 100% fact) in what you wrote.

So you see, in your post, I know you were spinning bullsh!t, I just don't know whether some of it or all of it was.

Roo69
06/01/2006, 1:30 PM
To defend your mate Devlin, your motives are quite obvious.:confused:

So obviously you were talking to Grogan as that's the only other person I can see you having any access to, yeah?

Well, if he did tell you what you posted above w.r.t. Kearney's contract then he lied to you, so I don't see why I should take your (his) word on Devlin seriously when I know for a fact that there is a complete lie (passed as 100% fact) in what you wrote.

So you see, in your post, I know you were spinning bullsh!t, I just don't know whether some of it or all of it was.

Ha ha ha ha ha my mate, priceless !

I'll say what i said in my last post - "You see thats the whole problem here, people beliving things without actually having any real proof or facts. Listen, why would i try to spin bull**** about another clubs players contract ? i have no reason to what so ever ! i replyed to this post trying to clear the facts up but yet Cork fans still think Devlin had something to do with this when he actually did'nt."

The simple matter is that Devlin had nothing to do with this what so ever, but Cork fans and you in particular just can't accept the fact that your wrong about this one.....

tiktok
06/01/2006, 1:41 PM
The simple matter is that Devlin had nothing to do with this what so ever, but Cork fans and you in particular just can't accept the fact that your wrong about this one.....

I don't like Devlin, I haven't in years, but if he was 100% not involved with either Kearney and O'Flynn, I'll admit it.

I put your post from here on our official site to get feedback on your side of it, to see if anyone would confirm or deny.

My problem is that I know for a 100% fact that portions of what you countered with is completely wrong, so why should I be willing to accept a paragraph of explanation from you when I know the first half to be incorrect.

It's all well and good to say you have a 'source' or you got it from the 'horse's mouth', but if you're only writing up what you were told, then I know for a fact that you were lied to about half of what you wrote.

You can call me 'mate' and condescend to me all day long Roo, but when I know half of what you wrote is false, then why should I stretch to believe the other half when people I've know for years and trust are telling me the complete opposite.:confused:

Roo69
06/01/2006, 1:44 PM
I don't like Devlin, I haven't in years, but if he was 100% not involved with either Kearney and O'Flynn, I'll admit it.

I put your post from here on our official site to get feedback on your side of it, to see if anyone would confirm or deny.

My problem is that I know for a 100% fact that portions of what you countered with is completely wrong, so why should I be willing to accept a paragraph of explanation from you when I know the first half to be incorrect.

It's all well and good to say you have a 'source' or you got it from the 'horse's mouth', but if you're only writing up what you were told, then I know for a fact that you were lied to about half of what you wrote.

You can call me 'mate' and condescend to me all day long Roo, but when I know half of what you wrote is false, then why should I stretch to believe the other half when people I've know for years and trust are telling me the complete opposite.:confused:

you see thats what this is all down to............ peoples personal dislike for a man they have probably never meet, and not that he had nothing to do with this....

I never once called you mate, i don't know you so why would i call you that ? i was refering to "To defend your mate Devlin, your motives are quite obvious" i was laughing that you think myself and Devo are mates.

tiktok
06/01/2006, 1:52 PM
you see thats what this is all down to............ peoples personal dislike for a man they have probably never meet, and not that he had nothing to do with this.....

I'll dislike him one way or the other, but if he's got nothing to do with this I'll admit it. My personal feelings for him are irrelevant, I dislike Pat Dolan but when people claimed he was involved in the Kearney transfer I defended him because I knew it not to be the case.

You've completely ignored the points I've been making though, so for the last time, why should I believe the second part of your theory, when i know that the first half is false?:confused:

I never once called you mate, i don't know you so why would i call you that ? i was refering to "To defend your mate Devlin, your motives are quite obvious" i was laughing that you think myself and Devo are mates.

Apologies, I read that wrong, missed the 'my' part

Roo69
06/01/2006, 3:00 PM
I'll dislike him one way or the other, but if he's got nothing to do with this I'll admit it. My personal feelings for him are irrelevant, I dislike Pat Dolan but when people claimed he was involved in the Kearney transfer I defended him because I knew it not to be the case.

You've completely ignored the points I've been making though, so for the last time, why should I believe the second part of your theory, when i know that the first half is false?:confused:

Apologies, I read that wrong, missed the 'my' part

You defended Dolan because you knew he was'nt involved, i did the very same thing about Devo, because i know his not involved.

I have'nt ignored your points at all, it's not a theroy, it's what ive been told and i would always trust my very reliable sources and contacts...... They have never let me down before so why should i disbelieve them now ? because a few Cork fans are up in arms over a fabricated lie ? me thinks not......

KK77
06/01/2006, 3:29 PM
You'll probably find the horse's mouth is Jack O'Neill!!!!!!

Roo69
06/01/2006, 3:36 PM
You'll probably find the horse's mouth is Jack O'Neill!!!!!!

No not at all, you are completely 100% wrong

Not even close actually

Éanna
06/01/2006, 5:32 PM
2 things Roo:
1. Kearney was not offered less than what he was on, he was offered more, but he wasn't happy with the offer.
2. Devlin WAS involved with Kearney. That is absolute fact. To what extent I don't know, but I do know that the grubby little knacker was involved.