PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Friendlies

Pablo
15/05/2002, 4:18 PM
Has anything come of this tour to the midlands for pre season?

Any other friendlies arranged? i imagine it will be hard to arrange friendlies, what with the new season so near to the world cup...

pete
15/05/2002, 5:07 PM
Yeah, most British teams don't play friendlies til July. We a;lready have started our season by then.

With pre-season gonna be in february from now on will have to probably fly in some ruskies for a kick around in future ;)

Not sure what month those scandanavian teams start their season on but if around the same time maybe eL teams will go join some of those iberian training cames the swedes & danes seem to like?

James
15/05/2002, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Has anything come of this tour to the midlands for pre season?

no the tour of the midlands that was rumoured has come to nothing as has contact with leceister city football club..
i beleive nothing has been done by CCFC on their side of the deal which involved training youngsters at mayfield or something.. also nothing has happened about the echange of coaching ideas thing.. i think the deal has died to be honest

Originally posted by Pablo
..... any friendlies arranged? i imagine it will be hard to arrange friendlies, what with the new season so near to the world cup...

yea exactly pablo, there have been no friendlies arranged and it's unlikely we will get any before the start of our season bar a possible match against cobh or waterford..

it has been rumoured that a div 1 club or 2 might come over to play us when out season has started .. ( during the traditional engaland pre-season )

Colm
17/05/2002, 3:22 PM
Surely with a bit of thought and effort something could have been organised. Bohs are going to Spain to play in a tournament with a few of the lesser Serie A and Spanish Premiera Liga teams. AFAIK, Shels are going to Cyprus.
I think it would have been great if city had organised something like this.
Either the club couldnt be bothered or it could be due to financial restraints.

Ali-G
17/05/2002, 3:32 PM
i'ld rather see the clubs money go on wages and new signings than trips to spain. Or on advertising and promoting the club.

Colm
17/05/2002, 3:36 PM
I wonder are Bohs getting a fee for it or is it costing them money

Dricky
17/05/2002, 3:52 PM
No it's a free trip for them but the more they win the more they get, not bad for a weeks work.

Colm
18/05/2002, 1:53 PM
So why couldnt city organise soomething like that, it looks like a win win situation to me.

SÓC
18/05/2002, 7:38 PM
City couldn't organise such a trip because you have to get invited. Bohs had a series of high-profile European victories inlcuding beating a top German side and former Cup Winners Cup champions.

Colm
18/05/2002, 9:28 PM
Well that explains it then.
Still, it would have been nice to follow city to Spain or Leicster or wherever.:cool: