PDA

View Full Version : Midfield

zero
15/05/2002, 4:18 PM
I see Gunther talking about signing strikers, and god knows we need them. But I am as concerned about the middle of the park. Aside from Bennett and O'Grady, who else do we have?

Maybe I am forgetting someone but I can't think who it might be. This Dave Warren guy could be cover I suppose but we can't really go into the season playing 4-4-2 with only (at most) 3 central midfielders. Injuries to Bennett and O'Grady and we would be in big trouble.

Its probably for the best we arent playing european competitions - who would play alongside the two lads in a 4-5-1? Jimmy???

Troy.McClure
15/05/2002, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by zero
Maybe I am forgetting someone but I can't think who it might be.
Greg played there (quite well) towards the end of last season. Id even put him in ahead of Bennett.Cant Georgie Boy play there aswell?

zero
15/05/2002, 4:29 PM
well, i hope george will play on the right as that would give us two good wide players. we have been short of good options down the right for as long as i can remember.

i didnt think of greg to be fair. maybe this reynolds guy is a midfielder also. its all coming back to me now... the colours... the flashing lights... the league championship 2002....

ps it would be strangley fitting if city won the shortened league. those dub clubs could moan about it not being a real league just like they do about us not really finishing top when we did win. do it city.

Pablo
15/05/2002, 4:31 PM
Midfielders:
woods
bennett
O'Grady
CTOB
Reynolds
Mulconroy
O'Callaghan
O'Halloran

Possibles:(if stuck)