PDA

View Full Version : Benificial January Transfers

dr_peepee
02/01/2006, 10:55 PM
Just a speculative list of potential or plausible transfers involving Irish players in our around the International squad.

Joe Murphy, Sunderland: To any league 1 Club.
Let his heart rule his head with his move to Sunderland this season where he was never gonna get in ahead of Davis, Alnwick or even Poom at the time.

Steven Kelly, Spurs: Rest of season loan to a Championship club.
Will find first team football hard to come by with Stalteri first choice and Paramot approaching fitness

Clive Clarke, West Ham: Rest of season loan to a Championship club.
Hasn’t got more than a handful of appearances on the bench to show for his transfer to West Ham. Needs to be playing if he’s to exploit our lack of quality at left back.

Ian Harte, Levante: Any Premiership Club. Possibly Bolton, Blackburn, Portsmouth
Will be leaving Levante in January by all accounts. Boltons lack of a recognized left back as well as their tactics utilizing battering ram Kevin Davies would point to a marriage of convenience given Harte assets. A loan move to the end of the season with a view to a permanent move is an Allardyce special and would suit all parties, I think anyway. Mark Hughes has also been known to be in the hunt for a left full and Harte is a target according to one message board, but an apparent return to form of Micheal Gray may scupper that. And barely a transfer window goes by with Harry Redknapp being linked with a swoop for Ian Harte.

Andy Reid, Spurs: Any Premiership Club. Possibly Wigan, Newcastle Man City & Portsmouth.
Unfairly undervalued at Spurs in my opinion and would be an asset to any Premiership club outside the “Big Four”. Wigan lack a recognized left winger, a position currently occupied by converted forward McCulloch. Plus Jewell was around the Championship enough to be aware of Reid abilities. Newcastles injury troubles and lack of funds coupled with Souness reported interest in Reid while at Forrest means a loan move to Newcastle may not be out of the question. Man City are also in the hunt for a recognized left sided player while Harry Redknap will be borrowing any player of quality til the end of the season and has also delt with Spurs in the past with loan signings.

Matt Holland, Charlton: Lower tier Premiership Club: Possibly WBA, Sunderland, Portsmouth
The last three games aside Holland has struggled to make the bench at times this season. WBA have reported an interest in the seasoned campaigner. Portsmouth have already gone on record as saying that most of their signings in Jan will be those experienced in British football so a move for Holland could be an option if they can’t persuade Quashie to rejoin. While Sunderland need all the help they can get, coupled with Holland and McCarthy’s international history.

Lee Trundle, Swansea: Mid to Lower tier Premiership Club. Possibly Birmingham, Charlton, Everton
The scouses impressive goals and assists stat has made him a target for a number of Championship clubs aswell as a couple of premiership ones, however he’s gone on record as saying he’ll only leave Swansea for a premiership club. Birmingham are in need of fire power and have a History of looking to the lower divisions, not that it’s ever proved successful. Charlton are also in the hunt for a striker as are Everton which may be swayed somewhat by the fact he’s a scouse and a life long Toffee.

De Town
03/01/2006, 12:07 AM
Trundle got injured there last week playing for Swansea and is supposed to be out for a month or so so I doubt anyone will go for him in January if he's going to be injured for the whole month.

Fergie's Son
03/01/2006, 2:51 AM
Harte to Bolton? Why? They have Joey O'Brien who can play either side (though he looked poor today and was schooled by Gerrard on the goal). Still, he's young.

Stuttgart88
03/01/2006, 9:43 AM
I think I read over Christmas that Joe Murphy is almost certain to sign permanently for Walsall, where he's been playing very well.

Brighton want to sign Wayne Henderson from Villa on a permanent basis but Villa are blocking the move.

Is Harte back to Leeds plausible?

eleven-a-side.com say that Reading want to sign Kevin O'Connor from Brentford. If Steve Coppell ever gets to boot from Reading he should be given the Irish job. No other manager in England is as supportive / appreciative of Irish players.

pete
03/01/2006, 9:45 AM
I think I read over Christmas that Joe Murphy is almost certain to sign permanently for Walsall, where he's been playing very well.

Well thats him away from international squad for forseeable future so can take him off any list.

colster
03/01/2006, 9:55 AM
If Steve Coppell ever gets to boot from Reading he should be given the Irish job. No other manager in England is as supportive / appreciative of Irish players.

I agree. Coppell would be a good choice for Ireland manager.

Kingdom
03/01/2006, 10:03 AM
Always had Steve Coppell down as a good manager (and a good man-manager at that) , but that when things went pear-shaped the ceann went down. Cannot see him leaving Reading for Ireland, nor do I see him getting shafted at the Medejski anytime soon, as they could do a 'Wigan' in the Premiership next season.