PDA

View Full Version : Tim McCann joins Linfield

sligoman
02/01/2006, 10:37 PM
See here (http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews.asp?nid=1368).

The lack of transfers coming in and more going out(or being linked with a move away) is really starting to annoy me now:mad:

gustavo
02/01/2006, 11:28 PM
would i be right in thinking that this is our squad
goalies
john o hara
alvin rouse
defenders
keith foy
liam burns
micheal mc namara
gerry carr
midfielders
conor o grady
fahrudin kudozovic
rafael cretaro
jason mc cartney
steve feeney
gary curran
gareth gorman
forwards
paul mc tiernan
sean flannery
paul brown

we need a good few added to that!

sligoman
02/01/2006, 11:31 PM
would i be right in thinking that this is our squad
goalies
john o hara
alvin rouse
defenders
keith foy
liam burns
micheal mc namara
gerry carr
midfielders
conor o grady
fahrudin kudozovic
rafael cretaro
jason mc cartney
steve feeney
gary curran
gareth gorman
forwards
paul mc tiernan
sean flannery
paul brown

we need a good few added to that!We have Sean Kelly too but realistically, he's not gonna be involved too much this season. Alvarez might be back(depending on weather he impresses Sean in training). Apart from that, yes, that's our squad:o.

I forgot to say Chris Turner, although he and Faz are both being linked with Linfield so they mightn't even be here next season either:mad:

gustavo
02/01/2006, 11:39 PM
is chris turner definitely with us though?

Red4Eva
03/01/2006, 12:25 AM
i wouldn't start gettin to worried yet in fairness. cork have lost kearney&o'halloran and brought in no1 but i doubt the alarm bells are ringing down leeside yet. connor could have signed a few dublin rejects like most lazy managers seem to be doing according to roddy collins. connor will be aiming high&will prob have to work very hard to get the players he wants. liam burns signed particularly late on last year and in my opinion was the most important signing the club has made for years. rome wasn't built in a day and neither will our squad

Donegalred
03/01/2006, 12:18 PM
What abot emlyn mulligan? Is he still with rovers

Redzer
03/01/2006, 12:25 PM
is chris turner definitely with us though?
No, he has agreed terms just like Faz. Just like McCann also:mad:

Redtop
03/01/2006, 5:08 PM
What abot emlyn mulligan? Is he still with rovers
ya but i heard that him and gary curran were offered a scholarship in some american college

redrov2005
03/01/2006, 8:39 PM
Well if McCann is going to Linfield,why on earth is he listed on the Rovers' website as a member of the squad for 2006. Similarly with Chris Turner. Either they've signed or they haven't. No point in putting them on an official list on the club's website if they haven't been signed by the club. Bah Humbug !

Red4Eva
03/01/2006, 11:29 PM
mccann was under contract for next season and i'm sure he intended being here next year but he had a change of personal circumstances which is fair enough but i agree about turner being on the list for next season if the rumours turn out to be true

sligoman
04/01/2006, 2:01 PM
Well if McCann is going to Linfield,why on earth is he listed on the Rovers' website as a member of the squad for 2006. Similarly with Chris Turner. Either they've signed or they haven't. No point in putting them on an official list on the club's website if they haven't been signed by the club. Bah Humbug !Totally agree. Very stupid it appearing on the website if they haven't even signed yet:mad:. I don't blame Paraic though, as I'm sure he just put up the details Sean gave him.

gustavo
04/01/2006, 2:23 PM
also in fairness to Paraic when he received that information Tim was due to play for us in 2006 just a set of circumstances in the last few weeks means that he no longer is.

akearins
04/01/2006, 2:27 PM
Looks like Tim will make history now he has joined Linfield...Winning 3 Championship medals in 2 seasons

Rovers1
04/01/2006, 7:44 PM
linfiled are paying for Tim so he can leave,he did sign a contract with us, i think,but surely a player is allowed leave just after signing a contract? wonder how much we got??

sligoman
04/01/2006, 10:25 PM
wonder how much we got??2,000euro is what was originally mentioned

Redtop
04/01/2006, 10:40 PM
chris turner flew into sligo today according to sean in the champion to put pen to paper

Redtop
04/01/2006, 10:40 PM
oh and faz is staying aswell its in the same article

Mayo Red
05/01/2006, 1:12 AM
2,000euro is what was originally mentioned

Seems like peanuts though, especially if he was signed up for the coming season. I hope we got a bit more than that!

Paraic
05/01/2006, 8:35 AM
you can blame me this time! :p didn't have a chance to update site for McCann -

Totally agree. Very stupid it appearing on the website if they haven't even signed yet:mad:. I don't blame Paraic though, as I'm sure he just put up the details Sean gave him.

Ash
05/01/2006, 8:51 AM
Is yer keeper still looking to move to England?

Da Real Rover
05/01/2006, 9:24 AM
Does anybody know what this chris turner is like?

feo123
05/01/2006, 5:11 PM
i think we need about 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 strikers more than what we have! realisticly, i cant see us gettin near that amount!

Redzer
13/01/2006, 12:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...sh/4601388.stm

Linfield have turned down a second offer from Scottish Division Two leaders Gretna for Peter Thompson.

Gretna's original bid of £50,000 was termed derisory, but despite doubling the offer plus other incentives, it has been spurned by the Irish League side.

A Linfield spokesman said that "the offer was still insufficient and Gretna have been informed".

Gretna say that the offer was their final one and that they would switch their attentions elsewhere.

Thompson's goalscoring exploits have attracted the attention of several clubs in Scotland and England, although Gretna have been the only club to make an official bid.

In November, the 21-year-old postman from east Belfast was called up by Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez, making his international debut in the friendly against Portugal.

Blues boss Jeffrey said Linfield would not stand in the way of any player who wanted to move to full-time football.

"Peter knows we would not hinder his progress by holding out for silly money," said Jeffrey.

Fair play to Linfield for turning down as they term it "derisory" money for their players. I hope and trust our MC is just as strong in dealing with Linfield over the transfer of McCann.
McCann had two years left on his contract with us. A player of his quality is worth a good fee.
He must be worth 10,000 sterling to Linfield.
The days of letting good players go from the Showgrounds for peanuts must stop.

1 9 2 8
14/01/2006, 3:48 PM
I hope and trust our MC is just as strong in dealing with Linfield over the transfer of McCann.
McCann had two years left on his contract with us. A player of his quality is worth a good fee.
He must be worth 10,000 sterling to Linfield.
The days of letting good players go from the Showgrounds for peanuts must stop
I second that

gustavo
14/01/2006, 8:34 PM
exactly the "wont stand in his way" attitude should be consigned to the past

1 9 2 8
16/01/2006, 7:40 PM
exactly the "wont stand in his way" attitude should be consigned to the past
When they say that they are basically saying Rovers are a small club with no ambition