PDA

View Full Version : New website on EL stadiums

Gerrit
02/01/2006, 8:18 PM
I bounced on this site yesterday:

www.IFgrounds.com (IF = Irish Football)

The site lists pictures of all grounds in the Eircom League, both Premiership and First Division. The site is quite new, so from a few grounds they have only one pic yet (maybe we can all help the webmaster by sending a few stadium pics of our teams' stadiums ?)

I think it's a very nice idea for a site though. A handy overview of all grounds, and some of the pictures are really good (for example Belfield, Tolka, Terryland Park, ...)

De Town
02/01/2006, 8:59 PM
I think A face off this site runs that site Gerrit.

A face
02/01/2006, 10:00 PM
I think A face off this site runs that site Gerrit.

Yeah ... i'll be honest lads, i dont have a whole lot of time to stay on top of this but any info i am sent i will updated it straight away.

Working on another site, that will have players, clubs, grounds, managers, coaches, etc. .... just trying to get round to it, as soon as it is up and running i'll be hunting for info for it again.

Meanwhile ..... ifgrounds@gmail.com for any info !!

Raheny Red
02/01/2006, 11:53 PM
Fair play A Face if I have any info I'll forward it onto to you!!

Good work!!

thejollyrodger
03/01/2006, 1:09 PM
well done A Face. Its a great idea... there is loads of potential for that site including new stadia plans, statistics, etc etc

dahamsta
03/01/2006, 1:28 PM
I hear the fella that hosts that site is only gorgeous! :D

Schumi
03/01/2006, 2:24 PM
some of the pictures are really good (for example Belfield
I'm blushing :D

Gerrit
03/01/2006, 7:12 PM
Does anyone know if such thing exists for the Irish League as well?

I would like to do some more groundhopping. Too bad I rely on public transport, which is a pain in some counties like Donegal, Sligo, ... If anyone feels like doing some stadium visits, PM ;)

Actually in England there are several websites online of people that want to have seen all 92 league grounds and put a sort of stadium diary on their site.

Wouldn't that be a nice idea for Ireland as well? For example visiting all EL grounds (both Premier and First Div) + all IL topflight grounds. That would all together be almost 40 grounds, a realistic goal to aim for + a nice challenge. And it would take one to places he'd otherwise not visit maybe, like Monaghan, Athlone, Loughgall, ...

As there are 5 grounds in Dublin alone and 3 in Belfast, those 8 could easily be done in two days time, as you can easily drive from one ground to another in Dublin and in Belfast. Derry would also make two grounds at once, and Cobh and Cork are also close to combine. I start liking this idea :)

pineapple stu
03/01/2006, 7:32 PM
Try www.IrishPremierLeague.com

Raheny Red
03/01/2006, 7:59 PM
Good idea Gerrit but I would only be interested if there was a game on also!! :o

Magicme
03/01/2006, 8:03 PM
Does anyone know if such thing exists for the Irish League as well?

I would like to do some more groundhopping. Too bad I rely on public transport, which is a pain in some counties like Donegal, Sligo, ... If anyone feels like doing some stadium visits, PM ;)

Actually in England there are several websites online of people that want to have seen all 92 league grounds and put a sort of stadium diary on their site.

Wouldn't that be a nice idea for Ireland as well? For example visiting all EL grounds (both Premier and First Div) + all IL topflight grounds. That would all together be almost 40 grounds, a realistic goal to aim for + a nice challenge. And it would take one to places he'd otherwise not visit maybe, like Monaghan, Athlone, Loughgall, ...

As there are 5 grounds in Dublin alone and 3 in Belfast, those 8 could easily be done in two days time, as you can easily drive from one ground to another in Dublin and in Belfast. Derry would also make two grounds at once, and Cobh and Cork are also close to combine. I start liking this idea :)

If you are doing that some day and you do arrive in Monaghan make sure to pm me first and I will make sure you are well looked after, I know a few people there u see! :D

Gerrit
03/01/2006, 9:31 PM
Definitely planning to do so, as I haven't seen many First Division grounds yet (I've seen Kildare County, but let's say it was not a nice experience - what a kip :eek: )

Monaghan is not far for me as well, I could probably get there easily by bus/train and then return the same evening (or early next morning if the after-the-game pint would take longer than expected ;) )

Good idea Gerrit but I would only be interested if there was a game on also!!

I do both, I want to have seen every ground - both Nou Camp and HW Welders, to give you an idea of what I mean (and two grounds I've obviously been indeed)

Most groundhoppers combine games and stadium visits. You decide which game to attend first (can be a random game of a ground you haven't been to, or an away game of a club supported) and on your way you make a stop now and then to visit grounds.
For example: if Shels play in Derry, you could on your way make a short stop at the grounds of Dundalk, Monaghan and Armagh. That way you visited 4 grounds and saw 1 game, all in the same efford.

Magicme
03/01/2006, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=Gerrit]Definitely planning to do so, as I haven't seen many First Division grounds yet (I've seen Kildare County, but let's say it was not a nice experience - what a kip :eek: )

Monaghan is not far for me as well, I could probably get there easily by bus/train and then return the same evening (or early next morning if the after-the-game pint would take longer than expected ;) )

You know our famous hospitality well then! But word of warning....if you do take a train u wont end up in Monaghan! You could take the train to Dungdalk and visit the bouncy castle but would have to bus it after that.