PDA

View Full Version : Players that have gone???

keano16
02/01/2006, 3:32 PM
Heard that Robbie Mac,Stew Holt and maybe Stephen Gifford have left the club..Also heard that there is a few considering not going back because the way the club is run(eg) Training, and the amount of coaches that do nothing but give out negative vives in the club..

KR's Post
02/01/2006, 3:37 PM
Heard that Robbie Mac,Stew Holt and maybe Stephen Gifford have left the club..Also heard that there is a few considering not going back because the way the club is run(eg) Training, and the amount of coaches that do nothing but give out negative vives in the club..
Where's the proof and back up story?

idol_1
02/01/2006, 4:08 PM
Robbie dunne gone,think longer, chopper,holt,franco,hannigan maybe gone

also possibly gifford and james

robbie mac is available according to the pfai website

KR's Post
02/01/2006, 4:18 PM
Robbie dunne gone,think longer, chopper,holt,franco,hannigan maybe gone

also possibly gifford and james

robbie mac is available according to the pfai website
:rolleyes:

Mental Man
02/01/2006, 7:03 PM
Whats the story lads on the "boy wonder" Kevin O'Brien, has he left ye or is he staying?

A face
05/01/2006, 1:04 AM
Eamon Zayed .... is he staying over there or what, thought it was only 8 weeks or something ... did he get signed up fully (i cant remember if i asked this before, had meant to for a while though) .... if he did sign, anyone know how long, etc. ??

KR's Post
05/01/2006, 8:05 AM
Eamon Zayed .... is he staying over there or what, thought it was only 8 weeks or something ... did he get signed up fully (i cant remember if i asked this before, had meant to for a while though) .... if he did sign, anyone know how long, etc. ??
I answered that before in your thread on this forum ' The Eamonn Zayed Saga'

Magicme
05/01/2006, 10:13 AM
Am shocked to hear that Stuart "Captain Tantastic" Holt has been let go! :eek: :rolleyes:

jonboy
06/01/2006, 10:42 AM

i heard the same, training is very amateur and is only twice a week during season, and thats why players left or did not resign, we need to replace all the coaching staff with perhaps one full time qualified professional coach and an assistant (it would probably save money) devo also needs to decide what position he wants in the club does he want to manage, coach, scout, be director of football, advisor, finance director????

Roo69
06/01/2006, 10:45 AM
i heard the same, training is very amateur and is only twice a week during season, and thats why players left or did not resign, we need to replace all the coaching staff with perhaps one full time qualified professional coach and an assistant (it would probably save money) devo also needs to decide what position he wants in the club does he want to manage, coach, scout, be director of football, advisor, finance director????

And what players whould these be ?

footballplease
06/01/2006, 1:56 PM
'i heard the same, training is very amateur and is only twice a week during season, and thats why players left or did not resign, we need to replace all the coaching staff with perhaps one full time qualified professional coach and an assistant (it would probably save money) devo also needs to decide what position he wants in the club does he want to manage, coach, scout, be director of football, advisor, finance director????'

i must admit roo that ive heard this from about 4 or 5 of the most senior players at the club. I'm not naming names because of the childish way this would be handled by the club if they found out! It has been going on for a few seasons now - you only have to look at the amount of contempt players show some of the coaching staff when instructions are shouted out. A manager (who should be there more anyway!!!), an assistant and a couple of full time coaches are all thats needed.

By the way - i loved the argument put forward by some people when devo is criticised for having a holiday mid-season when things were looking dodgy - 'ah sure everyone is entitled to a holiday!!!!!' - what a load of b****x, there is a 3 month long off-season, have it then like the players do or don't take the job!!!

Roo69
06/01/2006, 2:06 PM
'i heard the same, training is very amateur and is only twice a week during season, and thats why players left or did not resign, we need to replace all the coaching staff with perhaps one full time qualified professional coach and an assistant (it would probably save money) devo also needs to decide what position he wants in the club does he want to manage, coach, scout, be director of football, advisor, finance director????'

i must admit roo that ive heard this from about 4 or 5 of the most senior players at the club. I'm not naming names because of the childish way this would be handled by the club if they found out! It has been going on for a few seasons now - you only have to look at the amount of contempt players show some of the coaching staff when instructions are shouted out. A manager (who should be there more anyway!!!), an assistant and a couple of full time coaches are all thats needed.

By the way - i loved the argument put forward by some people when devo is criticised for having a holiday mid-season when things were looking dodgy - 'ah sure everyone is entitled to a holiday!!!!!' - what a load of b****x, there is a 3 month long off-season, have it then like the players do or don't take the job!!!

I understand what you saying alright but the question i asked was "what players left or did not resign because of this ?" I would presume that it's the players who were just not good enough to play at this level and thats there excuse......... At the end of the day only 1 player has not been re-signed to date, Robbie Dunne, 'nuff said !

Personally i feel that they must be doing somthing right to finish were we did in the league and to get to the semis of the cup. Obviously everything can always be better but i don't think it's as bad as made oiut to be, as i said 7th place finish in the league and semis of the cup for a newley promoited team is a very good return.

Devlin was told on medical advice that he needed to take a break before his operation, can't see anything wrong with that myself. After all, ones health is far more important than a game of football.

I'd still love to know "what players left or did not resign because of training"

footballplease
06/01/2006, 2:37 PM
fair enough point about the medical problems - wasn't aware of that.

I wouldn't say anyone left or didn't sign because of the above - it was more that they had to think long and hard and have discussions with directors and devo to gain assurances, etc. I have heard this from 5 definite cases - and i'm talking about our senior players, the ones who if we lose - we're f****d!!

The club has huge potential - i and many other fans feel that the club is being held back by something - and i really don't think devo has the club's best interests at heart - hard as it is to admit!

I have read your comments regarding the zayed affair, but i don't agree im afraid. You stated that we got in a few more players and paid bills - fair enough, but i reckon with a bit more firepower ( zayed), we could have got to the final, which would have guaranteed us a setanta cup place. (drogs may have something to say about that tho!!!), not to mention a higher finish in the table. The one good thing is that we have him back for the new season - i just hope we can ditch the journeymen from the squad and sign some quality!! I think all bray fans should be optimistic and hopeful for the season ahead - once we don't shoot ourselves in the foot again looking for short term gains without looking at the bigger picture! :)

Roo69
06/01/2006, 2:56 PM
fair enough point about the medical problems - wasn't aware of that.

I wouldn't say anyone left or didn't sign because of the above - it was more that they had to think long and hard and have discussions with directors and devo to gain assurances, etc. I have heard this from 5 definite cases - and i'm talking about our senior players, the ones who if we lose - we're f****d!!

The club has huge potential - i and many other fans feel that the club is being held back by something - and i really don't think devo has the club's best interests at heart - hard as it is to admit!

I have read your comments regarding the zayed affair, but i don't agree im afraid. You stated that we got in a few more players and paid bills - fair enough, but i reckon with a bit more firepower ( zayed), we could have got to the final, which would have guaranteed us a setanta cup place. (drogs may have something to say about that tho!!!), not to mention a higher finish in the table. The one good thing is that we have him back for the new season - i just hope we can ditch the journeymen from the squad and sign some quality!! I think all bray fans should be optimistic and hopeful for the season ahead - once we don't shoot ourselves in the foot again looking for short term gains without looking at the bigger picture! :)

Yep your right the club does have huge potential, and are looking at our long term, future rather than plugging holes for short term gains, this is the way to take the club forward i feel.

Well i'm not sure if it's roumers that you have heard which i think they could be but all the 1st teamers will be staying (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=470&Itemid=1) put this season with the addition of a few v good players so next season should be another good one for us fingers crossed.

Obviously i would have loved Zayed to stay, but the fact is that we "could" have got to the cup final and we "could" have finished higher up in the league but thats a big risk to take, Could have money in the bank or DEFO have money in the bank, i know which one i would pick. Also, as well as being a superb bit of financial business for the club, it was for Eamon as well, one which he could not turn down over such a short period of time.
Anyway, as you say he's back with us so here's to next season !

Cabinteelygull
06/01/2006, 6:51 PM
I would be very dissapointed to see Robbie go, although he struggled with fitness and from what i heard had dissagreements with Devo, i always felt he had good potential. Any confirmation on Collie James staying/going??

Grasshopper 99
10/01/2006, 9:30 AM
Collie is unsure as yet, as he has not signed a new contract but he wants to stay.

KR's Post
10/01/2006, 4:00 PM
Collie is unsure as yet, as he has not signed a new contract but he wants to stay.
Does he now!;)