PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool and Villarreal agree Kromkamp transfer

sligoman
30/12/2005, 12:25 AM
Villarreal and Liverpool have agreed a deal to take the Spanish club's Dutch defender Jan Kromkamp to the European champions, Villarreal said on their website on Thursday.

Liverpool's Spanish defender Josemi is set to join Villarreal as part of the deal, although the players have not yet discussed personal terms.

Josemi, whose full name is Jose Miguel Gonzalez, was the first of several signings made by Spaniard Rafael Benitez shortly after he took over as Liverpool coach in 2004.

Dutch international Kromkamp joined Villarreal, fourth in the Primera Liga, in August on a five-year contract from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar.

Both Liverpool and Villarreal have reached the last 16 of the Champions League.

See here (http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/051229/2/ftwr.html).

drinkfeckarse
30/12/2005, 1:29 PM
Don't know much about the Dutch lad but Josemi goes with my best wishes anyway. He was slated by some but I didn't think he was that bad really, certainly adequate enough cover for Finnan.

Speaking of Finnan, if he keeps playing as well and as consistently as he has been, then he won't have to worry about Kromkamp at all.

dfx-
01/01/2006, 7:08 PM
Josemi was dreadful - added to his departure as well as his crapness was his difficulties with English in England and Kromkamp's difficulty with Spanish in Spain

Kingdom
03/01/2006, 8:52 AM
I think Kromkamp will be more competition/cover for one of the central positions than arguably the form full back at the moment. I hadn't seen the Bolton game but I'd seen more or less of the Red's games for the past 2 months and Finnan has been superb. Solid defending and given the fact that Gerrard has been 'roaming' of late, Finnan has given an extra outlet on the right flank. His crossing has been good too. Now all he needs is a run in the Irish team at right-back. Stephen Kelly? Pah!

Redtop
03/01/2006, 5:20 PM
Josemi was dreadfuli always thought that he was a decent player when he got a game not really great goin forward but strong defensivly