PDA

View Full Version : Full Octave (Update)

Gareth
29/12/2005, 11:24 AM
Just a word of thank you to the people that joined the forum I posted up here a while ago and the people that came to look when I did. We have a decent foot presence now. The website is well and truely underway in development now and should make an appearance in the new year. Anyways as we reached a 100 users on Xmas day, I have decided to give away some goodies (spirit of xmas and all). Details of which can be found here:

http://forum.thefulloctave.com/viewtopic.php?t=360

Thanks again and thanks for foot letting me post this initially.

Gerrit
02/01/2006, 7:59 PM
Is this a brand new forum?

You happen to list some club events and music theme nights etc on the board? I've been trying to find an overview of all Goth nights organised in the country, but cannot find anything apart from the seperate club sites that do goth/industrial nights sometimes...

Gareth
02/01/2006, 10:13 PM
Gerrit, at the moment we are working on just getting a base audience to talk on music but once the website is up and running we will more than likely have something to satisfy your need. It is brand spanking new and shiny.

Gareth
05/01/2006, 10:09 AM
Prize is as follows for the above quiz:

An autographed copy of Turn's new self titled album.
Soft Cuddly Toys latest EP, Higher Ground
2 Tickets to God is an Astronaut in the Temple Bar Music Centre
A Music DVD and more cds. As time goes on the bundle will grow!!!!

Gerrit
05/01/2006, 9:43 PM
Nice :) Are you lads the first Irish general music forum in fact?

Seems nice, I think I'll sign up quite soon. Seems like good craic to meet some other music fans close to home.

Gareth
07/01/2006, 9:52 AM
Not sure on the irish forums bit but we are not bothered about others. Its what we are doing that we are interested in and hopefully others too. If you spent the time thinking if your unique you'd never do anything :)

Hope you join up Gerrit so. And anyone else.

Gerrit
09/01/2006, 10:45 PM
Seems like good craic, so why not. I'll register later on tonight.

By the way, biggest forum in Ireland if probably boards.ie -- promote the forum there and you definitely get some new members who seek a more music-specific forum and sign up.

Gareth
10/01/2006, 10:55 AM
where can you advertise it on boards.ie?

Gerrit
10/01/2006, 7:37 PM
Just start a topic in their music section :) Moderators may lock it ("spam") but still hundreds of members will see the advertisement (even if they cannot react to it) and a decent part of them may want a more music-specific board and register at the Full Octave.

I have no account at boards.ie myself, but I did have a peep there and there's enough people visiting it regularly, the ideal place to promote your own forum!

Gerrit
11/01/2006, 9:57 PM

Gareth
11/01/2006, 10:57 PM
Well I hope you enjoy. There was a surge of new members in the last days. All good solid music people too. Getting a new crowd.

Anto McC
14/01/2006, 10:01 PM
Anyone else reading this who hasnt joined,you should,It's a class site with fans of all genres of music :)

Just click the link in mine or Gareths Signatures :)

Gareth
30/01/2006, 8:47 AM
TWO DAYS TO GO. Get entering!!!

The competition is here:

http://forum.thefulloctave.com/viewtopic.php?t=360&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The Prize is:

An autographed copy of Turn's new self titled album.
Soft Cuddly Toys latest EP, Higher Ground
2 Tickets to God is an Astronaut in the Temple Bar Music Centre
A Music DVD and more cds. As time goes on the bundle will grow!!!!

There will be a number of runners up prizes available too.