PDA

View Full Version : Sligo & Galways Forums

Pages : [1] 2

ali2005
27/12/2005, 11:43 PM
What's going on, why can't I post there? Is anyone else having trouble posting there? Am I banned from there or what?:confused:

Dodge
27/12/2005, 11:47 PM
The Sligo forum (along with the Galway one) has been locked for a week due to high levels of crap being posted by a few posters. You all know who is to blame

ali2005
28/12/2005, 12:04 AM
You all know who is to blameActually no I don't. I know there's been a Galway fan posting a lot of crap recently but why is our forum closed for that? Galway yes, but ours?

Dodge
28/12/2005, 3:30 AM
Its been tit for tat for a while now. Oh and trying to point score here won't make admin change his mind, methinks...

Rory H
28/12/2005, 10:53 AM
people should just grow up and come to http://bitored.boardsxp.com

:) :cool:

galwaygirl
28/12/2005, 1:58 PM
The Sligo forum (along with the Galway one) has been locked for a week due to high levels of crap being posted by a few posters. You all know who is to blame
Nice one lads, i hope ye're happy now :mad:

Conor H
28/12/2005, 4:20 PM
So when will the forums re-open?

sligoman
28/12/2005, 4:26 PM
So when will the forums re-open?
The Sligo forum (along with the Galway one) has been locked for a week.....

Conor H
28/12/2005, 4:28 PM
Ya but when was it locked?:rolleyes: :confused:

sligoman
28/12/2005, 4:29 PM
Ya but when was it locked?:rolleyes: :confused:Monday!

dahamsta
28/12/2005, 5:46 PM
These forums are open again, however they're both moderated now. I will NOT be moderating them, so it's up to the existing moderators to approve or delete posts. If they're away, tough.

adam

A face
28/12/2005, 11:40 PM
Firey folk in the west alright !!

sligoman
28/12/2005, 11:49 PM
Firey folk in the west alright !!Ah we're not all bad:p:D.

harpskid
29/12/2005, 11:23 AM
Everyone knows who's to blame for this crap.

'Tis quite pathetic really

Rory H
29/12/2005, 1:33 PM
Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

eh.....wha?

Rory H
29/12/2005, 1:45 PM
These forums are open again, however they're both moderated now. I will NOT be moderating them, so it's up to the existing moderators to approve or delete posts. If they're away, tough.

adam

isnt there another way around it

theres no need for the attitude either btw..."you'll catch more flies with honey sweetheart"-george bush"

Conor H
29/12/2005, 5:42 PM
Is there a length for how long the forums will be moderated?:confused:

dahamsta
29/12/2005, 5:49 PM
Until I feel people will behave themselves. The same happened in the Cobh forum before, and it worked. If Sligo and Galway come back up and the hassle starts again, I'll close them permanently. And don't blame me for it btw. I think I've been very patient, but I don't think it's fair that I have to spend this much time dealing with the trolls. Like I've said before, if you guys want to pay me a salary, I'll spend all day every day monitoring the forums. I can't see that happening, so you just have to deal with my way of managing my time.

adam

Conor H
30/12/2005, 12:58 PM
Is there a reason it takes so long for a post to go through?Or is it because the MODS aren't online?:confused:

Dodge
30/12/2005, 3:15 PM
Thats it really. AFAIK there's 4 people who can do it so blame them

Galwayexile
30/12/2005, 10:02 PM
well i hope your happy with yourself arron you muppet. I see vinnyl now is trolling the cork city website forums:D .What a bunch of muppets and its fans like ye that give us genuine galway fans a bad name.

1 9 2 8
31/12/2005, 2:30 PM
I think I'll move to bitored.boardsxp.com until this childish ****é stops. Was this all caused by the McQ thread? If so would it not be easier to ban the posters responsible?

sligoman
31/12/2005, 2:34 PM
I think I'll move to bitored.boardsxp.com until this childish ****é stops. Was this all caused by the McQ thread? If so would it not be easier to ban the posters responsible?The poster responsible has been banned, it was mostly the McHugh thread but their was other bits here and there that caused it too.

Conor H
31/12/2005, 2:36 PM
I made a post about 12 hrs ago...and it still hasnt gone through.:confused:

sligoman
31/12/2005, 2:42 PM
I made a post about 12 hrs ago...and it still hasnt gone through.:confused:Well that means it was either unsuitable for posting or there has been no supermod online since to approve it.

Conor H
31/12/2005, 2:49 PM
Well that means it was either unsuitable for posting or there has been no supermod online since to approve it.
Well it definitely wasnt unsuitable for posting!

De Town
31/12/2005, 4:44 PM
I made a post about 12 hrs ago...and it still hasnt gone through.:confused:
did you not see this:

adam

Conor H
01/01/2006, 3:14 PM
. I see vinnyl now is trolling the cork city website forums:D ..
What a surprise!:rolleyes:

Patrick Dunne
01/01/2006, 5:01 PM
of some Galway United supporters on this forum has been completely unacceptable and has portrayed us as being a small-time, inbred bunch of minnows.

I see now that some tool has posted under my name on the "Genesis" thread.

This site has been a valuable source of information for GUFC supporters, it has been ruined by a bunch of young lads who would want to spend a year reading up on Irish football history before they post again.

A very annoyed PD !

Conor H
01/01/2006, 5:17 PM
I was thinking that wasn't you Pd in that thread....especially when i saw your signature and your post in the pro evo 5 thread.
What a clown whoever that is!

gufct
04/01/2006, 4:02 PM
resumed it seems crazy that a few numbskulls can bring a forum to an end. Ive tried to post today & y'day to no avail. :mad:

Raheny Red
04/01/2006, 5:18 PM
Yeah I read some where if the Sligo fans don't give up slagging GUFC fans on the forum or something like that then it would be closed down??:confused:

junkie
04/01/2006, 5:21 PM
Yeah I read some where if the Sligo fans don't give up slagging GUFC fans on the forum or something like that then it would be closed down??:confused:

Wow that's some threat! :rolleyes: That's like Rovers telling Bohs fans to cut out the crap on the Rovers forum or it will be shut down!

Raheny Red
04/01/2006, 5:33 PM
I know it sounds a bit strange but I defo read it somewhere!!

1 9 2 8
04/01/2006, 6:08 PM
Its the other way around

Conor H
04/01/2006, 6:23 PM
Its the other way around
No its both.

A face
04/01/2006, 6:27 PM
No its both.

And both need to sort it out !!
I wouldn't mind iof there was some debate going on aswell but it is all just slinging cráp at each other.

Rovers1
04/01/2006, 7:55 PM
we should have a forum that any fan can go in and slag whoever they wanted,no holds barred sort of thing!

sligoman
04/01/2006, 8:02 PM
I wouldn't mind iof there was some debate going on aswell but it is all just slinging cráp at each other.It's not just us or Galway fans that do it too though;). I think it's being sorted now anyway, most involved have being banned so I think it's ok to remove the de-modding thing now

Red4Eva
05/01/2006, 1:47 AM
this whole thing only started this year&as far as i'm concerned there was no rivalry or bitterness between the two clubs until the start of last season and once this season starts it all be forgotten

Ringo
05/01/2006, 6:52 AM
we should have a forum that any fan can go in and slag whoever they wanted,no holds barred sort of thing!

you can , its called rubbish;)

Magicme
05/01/2006, 9:46 AM
Posted a reply and a message came up something bout admin checking posts and if it passed would be posted?

Whats happening??

Da Real Rover
05/01/2006, 9:46 AM
this whole thing only started this year&as far as i'm concerned there was no rivalry or bitterness between the two clubs until the start of last season and once this season starts it all be forgotten
Im not sure about that, jealousy and bitterness takes years to erode.

Conor H
05/01/2006, 10:20 AM
Im not sure about that, jealousy and bitterness takes years to erode.
Exactly Real Rover....this didnt all develop over one season.

Rory H
05/01/2006, 11:06 AM

http://bitored.boardsxp.com

if people cant get on with each other they should use other boards and not waste peoples time on here...

Patrick Dunne
05/01/2006, 12:27 PM
:mad:

You would swear that this was the official forum of the United Nations the way some people are so serious and glum.

All that happened was a few young supporters slagging each other off !
Not suitable for this site, really, but no need to go overboard on the handwringing either.

The indivdiuals concerned are banned, lets get back to normal, quickly.

gufct
05/01/2006, 1:16 PM
Pa and we say the FAI is gone like Hitlers Germany. Ken Shabby hang ure head in shame!!!!!!!!!!!

A face
05/01/2006, 8:15 PM
Lads, i haven't been keeping track but i have definitely seen all of the warnings and PMs and toing and froing (sp?) trying to sort all this out ... over an extended period of time, all that is being asked (numerous times) is for people to cop on a bit. That is the bones of it .... lads, it aint that hard really to be fair.

Patrick Dunne
05/01/2006, 10:09 PM
if posters flout the rules, they are warned, suspended, then banned, as was the case with at least two GUFC posters. This was the correct course of action.

To effectively close the GUFC forum is very unfair, supporters rely on it for news and information. It is the second busiest in the First Division and is very important to the Supporters Trust. The vast majority of posters are well behaved.

We appreciate all the good work of the mods - but please, let us have it back !:)

gustavo
05/01/2006, 10:51 PM
I got a warning for a post on the GUFC forum which was meant totally tongue in cheek and i know that most of the posters will see it that way but some people need to mellow out a bit!