PDA

View Full Version : Kilkenny City Manager 2006

A face
26/12/2005, 6:53 PM
Lads, any ideas on this ?? Anyone rumours on who is in the running for it ? Which managers are actually not committed to other clubs and could possibly end up with City ??

joema
26/12/2005, 7:09 PM
Johnny Matthews is been linked strongly with the job. Brendan Rea has ruled himself out. Also heard talk of Alan Reynolds!!! (Not sure wheter that is as a player or manager or assistant or...)
Apparently somebody based in China has applied for the job aswell

Aaron GUFC
26/12/2005, 7:11 PM
Ya Ive heard about Johnny Matthews and Alan Reynolds, Alan being a player manager would be good and he would strengthen the midfield in my opinion.

sligoman
27/12/2005, 12:51 PM
Apparently somebody based in China has applied for the job aswellOh fcuk:eek:. I think Rogue Trader might be right with that name. I'll pray that it's not him for ye Kilkenny fans;).

Mental Man
29/12/2005, 4:50 PM
Johnny Matthews is the man for ye lads, great footie brain and 1 of the all time league greats, he will get ye going again.

Terry
03/01/2006, 9:53 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if Kilkenny did sign Don. When you ask people in kilkenny about there football club they complain about the lack of local players and what not. While Don wasnt a great manager, I thought he did very well with the younger local talent that he would bring in. This I think would attract more people in the gate which is something that kilkenny have been desperate to get for a long time now. It wouldnt bring immediate success but if they tried putting a 3-5 year plan in place he would definently rise them up from where they stand right now.

A face
13/01/2006, 2:14 PM
Kilkenny City appoint Fitzpatrick

Kilkenny City have confirmed the appointment of Adrian Fitzpatrick as their new manager. The vacancy arose at Buckley Park when Pat Scully left to take up the manager's job at Shamrock Rovers.

Forty year old Fitzpatrick was a coach at St. Patrick's Athletic for three years and was assistant manager at Waterford United in their first division winning season of 1997-98. Previously he was manager of the Dublin and District Schoolboys League and spent three years as head football coach at Trinity College.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=4043)

A face
13/01/2006, 2:21 PM
Kilkenny appoint Fitzpatrick as manager

Kilkenny City have today (January 13th) announced the appointment of Adrian Fitzpatrick as their new senior team manager. Fitzpatrick (40), from Dublin spent over three years as coach of St Patrick's Athletic and he was assistant manager at Waterford United when the Blues won the 1997-98 eircom League First Division title. Earlier in his soccer career he was coach to the Dublin and District Schoolboys League (DDSL) and spent three years as head football coach at Trinity College. Adrian is married to Jude and their five sons and three daughters live in the southside suburb of Terenure. His assistant will be former Stoke City, Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers striker, Mark Reid (32). They will take up their new positions immediately.

Read more at www.soccercentral.ie (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=15736&mainheading=Other&viewstory=yes)

Here is the man in question !! (http://dynimg.rte.ie/000070e4170.jpg)

finlma
13/01/2006, 2:58 PM
Not a bad appointment by all accounts. He needs to get some new players in and a few lads from Kilkenny too. A few local players would definately increase the number attending games. Last season was like supporting Dublin Rejects F.C.

nedder
13/01/2006, 3:36 PM
any ideas on what local lads might be used?
seems that most of the "locals " are playing with waterford

A face
15/01/2006, 3:18 PM
Kilkenny announce new management team

First Division Kilkenny City have announced the all-new management team at Buckley Park, with former Waterford United assistant boss Adrian Fitzpatrick taking up the top job and ex-league player Mark Reid joining the south Leinster club as his right-hand man.

Fitzpatrick replaces Pat Scully, who guided Kilkenny to a fourth-place finish in the First Division before joining Shamrock Rovers before Christmas.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/kilkennycity/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=20704)