PDA

View Full Version : Forza St Pauli

Pat O' Banton
23/12/2005, 6:49 PM
For those of you who have any passing interest for the Jung's from Hamburg, you will be pleased to know that they progressed to the quater finals of the German cup on Wednesday night by beating Herthra Berlin 4-3 after extra time. A great achivement for a side from the third division.

They play Werder Bremen at home in the next round in mid January. Good Luck St. Pauli; Hamburg ist braun weiss.

jorge
23/12/2005, 9:31 PM
Lets hope it wasnt fixed this time.

Pat O' Banton
25/12/2005, 1:36 PM
Unwitting benefactors of dubious financial transactions; I doubt if the club could have offered enough cash to buy a freekick at the time nevermind an entire game.

eirebhoy
26/12/2005, 12:05 PM
Celtic are arranging a charity game against St Pauli. They wanted it this season but it can't be fit in so will most likely be in the summer.

http://www.stpauli-csc.de/

Gerrit
27/12/2005, 6:16 PM
There's bonds between Celtic and St-Pauli indeed. Nice club (St-Pauli I mean, not Celtic) ; very alternative and anti-fascist/racist. And a nice environment there next to the Reeperbahn :p

Pat O' Banton
26/01/2006, 10:19 AM
Just to note that third division St. Pauli made it through to the semi final of the German cup last night by beating Werder Bremen 3-1 at the Milentor in Hamburg. Brilliant news fair play to the Jungs!:) :)

Poor Student
26/01/2006, 2:59 PM
If they could avoid Bayern, get past the semi and get Bayern in the final they'd be in the UEFA Cup!

Poor Student
29/01/2006, 8:50 PM
They got Bayern at home in the semis.

Aberdonian Stu
29/01/2006, 10:14 PM
I haven't followed this story very much but given the semi draw I'm blaming Poor Student for jinxing them:D

eirebhoy
29/01/2006, 11:02 PM
'Cellic' fans apparantly going over en-masse next weekend for a social meet with their St.P. counterparts. Will try to find a link.
http://www.stpauli-csc.de/misc/celtic-party2006.jpg

"The St.Pauli - Celtic-Party is sold out! All 700 tickets have been sold and would only become available again if some of the holders would cancel their reservation."

CollegeTillIDie
02/02/2006, 7:05 AM
I was given a gift of a St.Pauli jersey and I wear it on occasion because I like what the club represents.... even though this brown and white striped monstrosity is possibly one the four ugliest shirts in Europe:D

anto eile
04/02/2006, 3:02 PM
which are the other three?

CollegeTillIDie
10/02/2006, 8:28 AM
I was given a gift of a St.Pauli jersey and I wear it on occasion because I like what the club represents.... even though this brown and white striped monstrosity is possibly one the four ugliest shirts in Europe:D

Just allowing for the possibility there might be three others in that bracket among the 52 member states of UEFA....