PDA

View Full Version : Raf

shedhead
22/12/2005, 3:49 PM
Elsewhere, Connor has said that he won’t be setting deadlines or putting pressure on Tubbercurry’s Rafael Cretaro to respond to the club’s contract offer.
“Raf is considering what I think is a very good offer and I will be touching base with him over the next few weeks. He is an excellent player and we are very anxious to keep him at the club.
“There is a history in this club of outside sources influencing players and suggesting that the grass is greener elsewhere but a lot of players have left The Showgrounds and found that that is not the case – and a lot have ended up back in Sligo playing Junior soccer.”

Wonder who he means by outside sources?.It would be a pity to lose Raf, he's been a bit of a legend over the past few seasons. They should offer him a full time contract, why arent they? its madness.His game will only improve from full time football.i dont know lads, it doesnt look good as far as raf is concerned.

gustavo
22/12/2005, 4:14 PM
I think he is the best player at the club so it defies belief that he isnt full time yet but im sure it will all be sorted out soon

sligoman
22/12/2005, 4:17 PM
I'm not too hopeful of Raf staying for next season:(. If he does go as a result of not getting a FT contract then some serious questions will have to be answered by the club!:mad:.

Red4Eva
22/12/2005, 7:13 PM
i'd say raf is a bit disappointed he didn't get a better offer but he lives with his girlfriend in tubbercurry so i doubt he'd wanna leave. he's not gonna get a full time deal off anyone so he has no reason too. where could he possibly go? galway, harps(minus mchugh) or pat's. why would he wanna play for any of them?

Mayo Red
22/12/2005, 7:53 PM
I'd have to say that if all it comes down to is whether he gets a part-time or full-time contract, then surely the club should sign him on a full-time deal. He is a local lad who gives it his all and shows plenty of heart and ambition for the club week in week out. You cannot buy those kind of attributes, and players of his ability would not come cheap in any case if he had to be replaced.

Redtop
23/12/2005, 7:17 PM
its a fukin joke if he doesnt get a full time contract he is the best player at the club so its a mystery why he hasn't got 1 already:confused: :confused:

Red4Eva
23/12/2005, 8:51 PM
he signed his new contract so nothin to worry about now. i never thought there was much chance of him leavin

feo123
23/12/2005, 9:24 PM
I think this outside source may well be a certain Ciaran Foley! them 2 are bumchums!! lol

Red4Eva
23/12/2005, 9:26 PM
I think this outside source may well be a certain Ciaran Foley! them 2 are bumchums!! lol

there not as good friends as they used to be from the horses mouth

Redtop
23/12/2005, 9:48 PM
he signed his new contract so nothin to worry about now. i never thought there was much chance of him leavin
thank fu*k for that

feo123
23/12/2005, 9:54 PM
where did you hear that? F*****g great news!!

Red4Eva
23/12/2005, 9:58 PM
on ocean this morning according to me father. season ticket sales are goin well too apparently(have u got urs???)&it also said that linfield&a cupla others are after mccann

Redtop
24/12/2005, 12:23 PM
it doesnt say anything about it on oceans website

sligoman
24/12/2005, 1:12 PM
it doesnt say anything about it on oceans websiteIn fairness, Ocean FM aren't going to put that up on their site. They very rarely have Rovers stuff up on it and I'd say it was only mentioned on the morning programme on Ocean yesterday. It should be on the Rovers site if true though. I'm sure it'll be in the Weekender on Tuesday too.