PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Licencing

paudie
22/12/2005, 8:43 AM
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on this.

Anyone know when this years applications have to be in for, any insider information on who's struggling to pass.

also are the regulations the same as last year?

Ronnie
22/12/2005, 9:16 AM
A Rovers fan calling the exercise a sham - either the single greatest post I've seen on this forum or you have just returned from another planet!

Macy
22/12/2005, 9:28 AM
A Rovers fan calling the exercise a sham - either the single greatest post I've seen on this forum or you have just returned from another planet!
It was the Rovers fans that exposed the sham with Rovers application the last time!

Ronnie
22/12/2005, 10:23 AM
But that doesen't make the process a sham - what makes the process a sham is a failure to take decisive action when someone tries to undermine the process, then it becomes a sham. Rovers alluding to this in light of last year is ironic to say the least - if the process was not a sham last year Rovers would no longer be in football, a paltry 8 point deduction was a very small price to pay.

pete
22/12/2005, 11:24 AM
The whole Uefa licencing seems a debacle not just in this country. Uefa seem to allow countries to apply their own set of the rules which makes it all the stranger that the FAI would set rules that clubs can't pass.

I think in other countries clubs have lost european competition places due to no uefa licence.

Magicme
22/12/2005, 11:45 AM
AFAIK every club should have documentation in by now and I heard that we have met all the criteria for submitting documentation in time. Our licensing Officer is a star, bust his ass for months to get everything sorted.

A face
22/12/2005, 12:30 PM
I'm fully aware of this. If the process was not a sham last year then Magoo and his clowns would not have tried to pull a sham stunt. Rovers would have got the licence anyway if they submitted the real accounts, but they couldn't have been arsed doing the work so chanced their arm submitting the same accounts with different years, fully expecting that the joke proceedures of previous years would have been repeated.

It might be interesting for you to note that not every poster on this board is interested in point scoring in the ridiculous "my club is better than your club" contest that is foot.ie. So when I say that the licencing process should not be a sham, I say so expecting, nay demanding, that the full rigours of such processes be carried out on my club, and whatever that might entail. Now I realise that this season should be a cakewalk for Rovers getting a licence, but I have been consistent in this opinion ever since licencing was introduced.

Good post !! :ball:

paudie
22/12/2005, 12:32 PM
and I heard that we have met all the criteria for submitting documentation in time.

And "we" are?

Terry
22/12/2005, 12:35 PM
And "we" are?

the magic mons

harpskid
24/12/2005, 11:57 AM
Back to the question asked in the initial post. Yer man is correct - all documentation should have been lodged by now.

Don't know when the results are out. Think the licensing delegation were in Ballybofey with Harps a few weeks back too

MariborKev
24/12/2005, 6:15 PM
Is the League AGM not mid January.

One would assume that the results would be known by then