PDA

View Full Version : Tim McCann

dcfc_1928
21/12/2005, 1:19 PM
Tim McCann to leave Sligo and head back to the Irish League - probable destination Glenavon.

Source - Daily Mirror.

sligoman
21/12/2005, 1:42 PM
Glenavon? Stupid move if he does go. Their was a rumour bout him going before too so I'm not gonna believe it this time either.

btw, what position are Glenavon in?:confused:

gustavo
21/12/2005, 1:45 PM
wouldnt like to see that happen , tim done well for us and it would leave us very bare down the left.

gustavo
21/12/2005, 1:55 PM
6th (http://www.soccerbot.com/north/tables/niprem06.htm)
which would be a nice place for us next season:)

feo123
21/12/2005, 5:09 PM
Stupid if he goes! he'll probably be startin for us next year!?

sligoman
21/12/2005, 5:15 PM
he'll probably be startin for us next year!?All depends on what positions the players that Sean is after play in. At the moment, with the squad we have now, I would say yes, he'll definitely start. Foy will replace Rossi at right back and McCann will replace Low at left back in my opinion;).

feo123
21/12/2005, 5:19 PM
dont know bout foy at right back....he's a left footer.
I have a strong feelin we wont see Raf in a Rovers jersey again! why is he takin so long to agree the deal??

sligoman
21/12/2005, 5:22 PM
dont know bout foy at right back....he's a left footer.
I have a strong feelin we wont see Raf in a Rovers jersey again! why is he takin so long to agree the deal??Whoops, I thought Foy was right back but looked it up again, he's actually LB:o.

Raf want's a full-time contract, Rovers aren't offering him one, that's the prob with him not signing.

Mayo Red
22/12/2005, 7:33 PM
Tim McCann to leave Sligo and head back to the Irish League - probable destination Glenavon.

Source - Daily Mirror.

In today's Mirror it says that both Glenavon and Larne have offered Rovers €2,000 for him. This seems an awfully low figure to me, he should certainly be worth more than that, especially considering how much it might cost us if he were to be replaced. It would be a shame if he left as I thought he has shown himself to be a handy player during his time with Rovers.

gustavo
22/12/2005, 7:39 PM
thats a really low offer it would cost less than that to buy his contract out.

Red4Eva
22/12/2005, 7:39 PM
through our final shaky spell towards da end of the season tim was most consistent player&gave 100% but i doubt he would be a starter next year. some ppl have said we would be left short on da left side but i seriously doubt sc has finalised his squad already. we'll have 4 more additions i'm sure

Redtop
23/12/2005, 7:21 PM
i think that he's ****e and 2 grand would be well worth it cus he's not worth 200 never mind 2000

Red4Eva
23/12/2005, 8:54 PM
i think that he's ****e and 2 grand would be well worth it cus he's not worth 200 never mind 2000

that's fu*kin harsh&wrong in my opinion. linfield made an offer for him too

gustavo
24/12/2005, 1:51 AM
according to a harps fan on the general transfers discussion thread he is leaving cos his work commitments changed and he needs a Belfast club. if true it is a pity

Mayo Red
24/12/2005, 7:39 AM
according to a harps fan on the general transfers discussion thread he is leaving cos his work commitments changed and he needs a Belfast club. if true it is a pity

I thought he was on a full-time contract, I think there was an article on the BBC Northern Ireland website when Rovers signed him saying something like he was moving South to play full-time football?