PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McHugh as a replacement for O'Flynn?

Shelsman
20/12/2005, 4:39 PM
Kevin McHugh for Cork -what do ye think lads? Maybe he should go to Shels instead and ye can have Crowe? ;) Or maybe we'll just buy all the strikers in the league. :D

Seriously though, City need to replace O'Flynn before the start of the season or ye are f*cked for Europe as well as the League, Setanta Cup, FAI Cup and League Cup. Even Dungannon Swifts will fancy their chance against ye!

Kevin McHugh seems to be the only top striker available. I would have recommended Glen Fitzpatrick only that Shels have already offloaded him ( much to my disappointment ) and he has already been snapped up by Drogs.

Then again, ye might sign someone from Metalurgs or somewhere ;)

Seriously though, I enjoyed City's success in Europe over the last two seasons and it would be a bitter loss if ye blew it all away now...

Speranza
20/12/2005, 4:41 PM
He has made it clear that he isn't willing to travel very far after rejecting advances from Drogs and Bohs.

Todays papers say Harps offered him a deal on Sat but it still looks like either us or Portydown.

pete
20/12/2005, 5:22 PM
McHugh seems to be a homeboy.

Rico will want forward with pace so that rules out chubby ginger lad from Drumcondra.

Zayed will take cash & convincing to move.

I think will see a player coming in from Europe or the UK.

razor
21/12/2005, 8:24 AM
Kevin McHugh for Cork -what do ye think lads? Maybe he should go to Shels instead and ye can have Crowe? ;) Or maybe we'll just buy all the strikers in the league.
Yeah right, do you remember the last time we paid big money for a goal scoring striker from Harps ?
Once bitten and all that.

Shelsman
21/12/2005, 11:54 AM
Sure there's always Trevor Molloy :D

Macy
21/12/2005, 12:13 PM
McHugh seems to be a homeboy.
AFAIK he has a decent, secure job. Probably too good to give up for a few years full time football.

ollie
21/12/2005, 1:54 PM
Yeah right, do you remember the last time we paid big money for a goal scoring striker from Harps ?
Once bitten and all that.
:D

i think mchugh would be in a different class to mulligan in fairness.

Risteard
24/12/2005, 9:10 AM
Ye mean to partner Johno?
Well personally i'd like to see Fenn supporting either Cernock or Pitak from Slavia.

A face
26/12/2005, 6:00 PM
:D

i think mchugh would be in a different class to mulligan in fairness.

And to be fair, he never got a proper run imo !!