PDA

View Full Version : starting 11

jambo08
19/12/2005, 5:19 PM
next year? and why?

we should get a game against seattle alright. could the club put up money like that. are any fans goin to wycombe with them?

Terry
20/12/2005, 7:22 AM
no offence but its way to early to be asking for a starting eleven! there is still another 3 months or so till the start of the season and GUFC and Lal have been quoted in saying they are bringing in other players such as another defender and the lad from barbados.

SEATTLE?
Not unless seattle are willing to come over here, it will probably never happen as the expenses would be huge.

WYCOMBE?
Yes, a group of supporters have already started talking about this and I would guess probably 10-15 will travel to wycombe.

geezer
20/12/2005, 11:56 AM
is that the last thing steven lally wants is supporters following them around wycombe. This is 2 or 3 days intensive coaching and is a serious attempt at getting things right with the team, with such a big season

its going to be no holiday or tour its pure hard work,

Patrick Dunne
20/12/2005, 5:07 PM
for the players, you are right geezer, this is a serious training trip.

At the same time, this would certainly not preclude a group of supporters travelling.

Terry
21/12/2005, 7:22 AM
Well Im probably going to go myself as the brother doesnt live to far away, but Im not going just to be hounding the players, Im going to watch a match and then that will be it, bar going on the pis* for the remander of my stay!!

You could say we are going to be watching GUFC playing in europe !! even if it is only a friendly :D

galwaygirl
21/12/2005, 9:53 AM
is that the last thing steven lally wants is supporters following them around wycombe.
jesus, geezer you make us sound like a right bunch of stalkers:eek:

Im going to watch a match and then that will be it, bar going on the pis* for the remander of my stay!!
my reasons for going over to it are the same as Terry's, above :D

GalwayFrancis
21/12/2005, 10:19 AM
whenabouts would this Wycombe Wanderers match be played?

The nearest airport to High Wycombe (the name of the town/city in which
Adams Park, Wycombe's home ground is located) is London's Heatrow. Aer
Lingus fly from Dublin and Shannon to Heatrow. At the moment you can get
flights for €1 each way, which works out at €60 return from Shannon to
Heatrow anytime in Feb, this is when I'm thinking it will be played.

Click here: http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/wycombe.htm
to learn all about the ground and its surrounding areas.

It would be nice if a good few of us, the supporters went over to the game
to give the players the support they deserve before the start of the new
season.

galwaygirl
21/12/2005, 10:25 AM
whenabouts would this Wycombe Wanderers match be played?

I thinks it's Sat Feb 11th