Man of the match and described as "bargain of the season"...no sh*t :mad:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1670565,00.html

thejollyrodger
19/12/2005, 10:07 AM
cork really do look like idiots tbf

Dricky
19/12/2005, 11:03 AM
cork really do look like idiots tbf

Where are you getting this from, the guys who can't even sell 'Their best player' ...muppet...

We got screwed, whats your excuse???

EnDai
20/12/2005, 3:33 PM
I think he was referring to all the departures lately (and how they came about), just phrased like a 4 year old.

wws
20/12/2005, 3:39 PM
it breaks my heart to see cork screwed over like this

A face
20/12/2005, 7:36 PM
it breaks my heart to see cork screwed over like this

Fair play for the show of emotion wws, i'm sure we'll all get on with it down here though, chin up and all that sort of thing !!

Anyway ... how are things in Inchicore ??? Any new signings, any player of note leaving your club ? What kind are progress do you envisage St. Patricks Athletic making next season ? What kind of silverware do you see them winning next year ? Dont spare a detail wws .... we're on the edge of our seats !! :)

Fair_play_boy
20/12/2005, 7:43 PM
I think he was referring to all the departures lately (and how they came about), just phrased like a 4 year old.Kevin Doyle, Greg O'Halloran, John O'Flynn, and Liam Kearney . . . I had a fair idea that it was a matter of time for three of these guys. Didn't expect Greg to leave.
The club is run on a policy of low risk conservative spending. The club chairman bank rolls CCFC in the amount of €3,000 per week. He calls the shots in the matter of player contracts. Other clubs have something to be thankful for in the way that he is not following Shelbourne's risky high wages policy. If Cork City does not go down that road, it gives space to other clubs to sit back and watch if Shels survive the danger of going bankrupt while trying to win trophies and go to Europe.

Ronnie
21/12/2005, 8:33 AM
Well said, fair play boy. No point busting the club to compete with wages levels in leagues were still a long way behind in terms of turnover. In the entire history of this league every time someone has tried that they have failed and failed miserably -( in recent times Bohs and prior to that Derry in the early 90's for example).

Take Swansea as an example. This season alone they will probably take in over 5 times the gate receipts of Irelands biggest club!

Ronnie
21/12/2005, 10:12 AM
Sorry to labour the point, but take a look at the Swansea website, there smallest crowd this season for league game is 13,000. They average adult punter is paying over €18 in - that means the average punter is giving €8 more than what there giving in Turners cross. Work it out, per home game there getting €180k more than Irelands best supported club, and this from a city of similar size. Don't kid ourselves, no Irish club could compete with that.