PDA

View Full Version : Jason Byrne now on again - Set to sign in Jan

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raheny Red
16/12/2005, 6:28 PM
Jayo is staying :) (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=212)

Djurgårdens IF fail to come back with improved offer – by Fintan Cassidy

As far as Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon is concerned, the proposed transfer of Jason Byrne to Djurgårdens IF has fallen through, after the Swedish champions failed to respond with an increased bid when their initial offer was rejected last week.

Said Fenlon: “It’s all over now and I’ve spoken to Jason to tell him so. Of course he’s disappointed – as is everyone at the club disappointed for him on a personal level. It would have been a very good move for him but it wasn’t to be and he’s accepted that. It had to right for the club too, but their offer to us wasn’t good enough. Jason has two more years at Shelbourne on his current contract and he’s happy to stay on and carry on as he has done for the past three years, as top scorer in the league.”

In other transfer news, considerable progress has been made in talks with Sean Dillon and Longford Town manager Alan Mathews, but a number of issues remain to be resolved before the defender can sign for Shelbourne.

Great News!! :)

De Town
16/12/2005, 6:32 PM
In other transfer news, considerable progress has been made in talks with Sean Dillon and Longford Town manager Alan Mathews, but a number of issues remain to be resolved before the defender can sign for Shelbourne.
will this fall through aswell because ye wont be getting the money for Jayo:confused:

*clutches at final straw*:(

thejollyrodger
16/12/2005, 7:37 PM
Im happy. Djurgarden's offer was peanuts and Im glad ollie took the right decision. Hopefully Jason will continue to do the business for us next season.

sligoman
16/12/2005, 7:42 PM
I think a few Bray fans will be raging now:D.

iceman
16/12/2005, 10:03 PM
Think that leaves the door open now for Drogs to sign Sean Dillon. Without Jayos transfer fee the $h€ls budget will be pretty tight this season. :D

sfc red
16/12/2005, 10:53 PM
Then why the $h€ls you muppet. Happy days when an EL club turns down 400k

EireBadBoy
17/12/2005, 12:32 AM
The bit there about Jason being 'disappointed' is always my worry in EL transfers. As fans we've called for clubs to refuse pittance for players but at the end of the day we all know that as players they are itching for a crack at the move up - should it be England or elsewhere.
It's the one thing that would really help if players thought the EL was worth playing in. Jason Byrne has had the chance to play against clubs that very few people even get to see play nevermind get the chance to be on the pitch with them yet he is disappointed at this move falling through.
I honestly don't know a wile pile about the Swedish league and how good it is but I do know that any player in the league would be interested in moving for such an amount. That's what we hope will change.

gustavo
17/12/2005, 2:31 AM
of course he is dissapointed as he probably would have gotten big wads of cash for it!

Galwayexile
17/12/2005, 3:02 AM
400 k for jason byrne was laughable. If he was playing in the lower leagues in england he would cost 1 million plus. Im glad shels stuck to their principals.

You only have to look at the whole kevin doyle saga.Reading are laughing now as hes worth a hell of alot more. They bought leroy lita for 1 million in the summer you dont have to ask steve coppell who si the better player.

Where are the drogs getting all their money, have they a sugar daddy or what?

KR's Post
17/12/2005, 8:41 AM

Just a tad!!!!:( :eek:

Hulsey
17/12/2005, 11:08 AM
Fair play for not selling Jayo on the cheap. I just hope that next season he continues to do the business and doesn't regret not geting the chance to go abroad and sulk because of it. Great to see him stay:) , but would have liked a slice of the transfer fee:( .

thejollyrodger
17/12/2005, 11:11 AM
That doyle transfer fee was the final straw for me. Jason Byrne is worth about £1 million GBP and any €400,000 deal is a sham.

sfc red
17/12/2005, 11:06 PM
See Byrne's interview about Brighton's interest and I think that answers how committed he'll be next season

Billy Lord
18/12/2005, 2:06 AM
It's a pity, and for no other reason than that the next annual Hoops' trip to Stockholm to support Hammarby would've been made extra special if it were for a derby against the monkeys with JB onboard. Oh the craic we could've had! The fun of getting the Hammarby fans singing ``All the way to Poland'' and then dragging him off for pints after the game.
Seriously, I'm disappointed for Jason and for the EL. It would've brought him up a level, given him a better life (Stockholm is brilliant) and proved that EL players are worth more than the peanuts English clubs offer.
Life's a bitch.

Raheny Red
18/12/2005, 12:27 PM
sfc red wrote:

See Byrne's interview about Brighton's interest and I think that answers how committed he'll be next season

Nah, I doubt it! He is píssed off about this deal falling through so the morale could be fairly low at the moment!! :( :(

dcfcsteve
18/12/2005, 12:34 PM
Fair play to Shels. About time the word "no" entered the vocabulary of Irish clubs in transfer negotiations.

Let's hope other clubs take note/confidence from this.

rerun
19/12/2005, 7:08 AM
I think we need to remember though, that the deal was probably only scuppered by the Bray sell-on clause. Not that I'm getting at Bray, it was a good piece of business on their part, but if Shels were offered 400K and they would get it all, he would have been on a plane to Stockholm quicker than you can say..eh..something in Swedish.

Macy
19/12/2005, 7:26 AM
Why would they be - bonus money for them. They've already got one transfer fee for him. Fair play for them standing up to Shels over the contract - Bray fans should be proud of Slevin et al, pity more wouldn't.

Macy
19/12/2005, 7:29 AM
will this fall through aswell because ye wont be getting the money for Jayo:confused:

*clutches at final straw*:(
It'll fall through because they're trying to offload (high wage) players on us instead of paying cash. Suppose it reduces shels chances of coming up with the cash, but that just opens the door for Drogs really.

SeanDrog
19/12/2005, 8:11 AM
Macy what do you think of him as a player?

Macy
19/12/2005, 8:18 AM
Macy what do you think of him as a player?
Great player, as good as, if not better than Gartland imo, if you're looking for a comparison.

bigmac
19/12/2005, 9:14 AM
I think we need to remember though, that the deal was probably only scuppered by the Bray sell-on clause. Not that I'm getting at Bray, it was a good piece of business on their part, but if Shels were offered 400K and they would get it all, he would have been on a plane to Stockholm quicker than you can say..eh..something in Swedish.

Are we sure about that? If I were in Bray's shoes then I'd have snapped up a hundred grand for him and been delighted at it. It's not as if he's probably going to move from Shels now that this fell through. If it's the case that the move was blocked over Bray sticking to their guns, then if I were a Bray fan I'd be wondering had we just thrown away a hundred grand to make a point to Shels.

I think to be honest though, that Shels would have wanted at least 500K in their pocket out of any deal before considering it seriously.

Macy
19/12/2005, 9:25 AM
If it's the case that the move was blocked over Bray sticking to their guns, then if I were a Bray fan I'd be wondering had we just thrown away a hundred grand to make a point to Shels.
Whats the point of sell on clauses if you're not going to stick to them? Bray accepting a lower amount would be just the same as a club accepting a peanuts offer for a player.

Roo69
19/12/2005, 9:30 AM
Are we sure about that? If I were in Bray's shoes then I'd have snapped up a hundred grand for him and been delighted at it. It's not as if he's probably going to move from Shels now that this fell through. If it's the case that the move was blocked over Bray sticking to their guns, then if I were a Bray fan I'd be wondering had we just thrown away a hundred grand to make a point to Shels.

I think to be honest though, that Shels would have wanted at least 500K in their pocket out of any deal before considering it seriously.

We sold ourselves short in the 1st place by letting Byrne go for such a cheap price to Shels, they were more than happy at the time to pay pitance for him but now that another club wants to buy him they dont want to give us what is rightly ours....... Not our problem, it's Shels.

We also had 1st option to buy him back, again we did not stand in the way of Shels and DIF over this, we waved our right to try let them get the deal done.

Yeah we have lost out on a nice few bob but why should we settle for 2nd best ?

EDIT: Spot on Macy

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 10:32 AM
Yeah we have lost out on a nice few bob but why should we settle for 2nd best ?

Because it's better than nothing? Purely from Brays point of view, it surely beats ending up with squat. A cosniderable sum of money for an EL club vs no money, seems like a no brainer to me. I don't mind though, if Brays stubborn refusal to accept far more money than they ever would have expected at the time of making the deal means Byrne stays then fair play to them :)

Macy
19/12/2005, 11:02 AM
But surely Shels were doing the same too?

Byrne deal to end Bargain Basement mentality then? Except Shels want Bray to carry it on, so it was no different. Shels just became the equivalent of the foreign club trying to do things on the cheap....

ThatGuy
19/12/2005, 11:09 AM

Byrne deal to end Bargain Basement mentality then? Except Shels want Bray to carry it on, so it was no different. Shels just became the equivalent of the foreign club trying to do things on the cheap....
I agree.

Bray are "taking one for the team". And by team I mean Eircom League clubs. Fair play to them.

As George O'Callaghan says, Shelbourne are bullies.

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 11:21 AM

I'm talking purely from a Bray perspective. Shels intentions are irrelevent, Bray were essentially (If this is even true) given a chance to make alot of money (More money in one transfer deal than they'll ever make again more than likely) or end up with their 50% clause probably yielding nothing at all in the long run. It makes no business sense on their part to be stubborn imo, it only costs them alot of money. It's not like they would even have lost anything. They may have stood up to the big bad bullies and all of that, again assuming any of this happened, but ultimately all it's done has lost them alot of money that was basically money for nothing as they would not have budgeted for it, would not have expected nearly as much when the deal was struck and would not have lost anything to get this money.

Like I said though, fair play to them I'm happy, as Shels are probably 20+ league goals better off next season and that could be the difference between a title or not.

Macy
19/12/2005, 11:42 AM
Like I said though, fair play to them I'm happy, as Shels are probably 20+ league goals better off next season and that could be the difference between a title or not.
Fair enough - different perspective I suppose. But Shels would hardly have been expecting €200,000 for him either given the sell on clause, and (like it or not) €200,000 in total would be good business for an eL club selling a player, let alone half of €400,000.

Both clubs cutting of their noises I suppose, but Bray only wanted their contract honoured. I mean isn't this kind of windfall the exact reason for sell on clauses?

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 11:50 AM
Fair enough - different perspective I suppose. But Shels would hardly have been expecting €200,000 for him either given the sell on clause, and (like it or not) €200,000 in total would be good business for an eL club selling a player, let alone half of €400,000.

Both clubs cutting of their noises I suppose, but Bray only wanted their contract honoured. I mean isn't this kind of windfall the exact reason for sell on clauses?

Well I disagree on the first point. Shels value Byrne higher than 200,000, I think no sell on clause and Djurgardens offer 200,000 and Shels would still reject the deal, rightly so imo. I would also imagine if Djurgardens upped their offer so Shels got their valuation of Byrne they would not care how much Bray got, the problem is Shels are now net recieveing under what they value Byrne at and so the deal is off, which seems fair enough to me.

On your second point, yeah I agree to an extent. But in this case Bray would be recieveing far more than they ever bargained for even with a reduced amount on the sell on clause, it's exceptional circumstances really. From their point of view I'd accept a lesser percentage which is still a huge amount of money for a club like them to essentially get for nothing at the moment, and none of it budgeted for. Saying no I think is exactly what you said there, cutting off their noses.

Roo69
19/12/2005, 12:02 PM
Well I disagree on the first point. Shels value Byrne higher than 200,000, I think no sell on clause and Djurgardens offer 200,000 and Shels would still reject the deal, rightly so imo. I would also imagine if Djurgardens upped their offer so Shels got their valuation of Byrne they would not care how much Bray got, the problem is Shels are now net recieveing under what they value Byrne at and so the deal is off, which seems fair enough to me.

On your second point, yeah I agree to an extent. But in this case Bray would be recieveing far more than they ever bargained for even with a reduced amount on the sell on clause, it's exceptional circumstances really. From their point of view I'd accept a lesser percentage which is still a huge amount of money for a club like them to essentially get for nothing at the moment, and none of it budgeted for. Saying no I think is exactly what you said there, cutting off their noses.

But Bray had nothing to do with the deal that Shels and Djurgardens were trying to reach, We would just have ben entitled to 50% of what ever was reached, Shels did not go ahead with the deal because they would have had to give us such a large amount of the fee involved.

Not at one stage did we get involved in the contract talks between the 2 sides, that is none of our business, the transfer fee is none of our business, we just wanted what was ours, it is not Bray's fault Shels decided to pull the plug on the deal.

The clause was put in by Bray because we knew the potential that Jason had, we knew that there would be a pretty good chance that a big money offer would be made for him, hence meaning we knew that we could make a nice little earner at some point in the future, which in this case would have been €200,000. We did not turn this down.

sligoman
19/12/2005, 12:30 PM
Why would they be - bonus money for them. They've already got one transfer fee for him. Fair play for them standing up to Shels over the contract - Bray fans should be proud of Slevin et al, pity more wouldn't.Of course they'd still be raging. They lost out on a good bit of money regardless of weather they received a previous fee for him or not!

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 12:30 PM
But Bray had nothing to do with the deal that Shels and Djurgardens were trying to reach, We would just have ben entitled to 50% of what ever was reached, Shels did not go ahead with the deal because they would have had to give us such a large amount of the fee involved.

Not at one stage did we get involved in the contract talks between the 2 sides, that is none of our business, the transfer fee is none of our business, we just wanted what was ours, it is not Bray's fault Shels decided to pull the plug on the deal.

The clause was put in by Bray because we knew the potential that Jason had, we knew that there would be a pretty good chance that a big money offer would be made for him, hence meaning we knew that we could make a nice little earner at some point in the future, which in this case would have been €200,000. We did not turn this down.

When did I say you did? The only thing Bray may have done is stop their chance of getting a nice little earner from Byrne, if any of this indeed happened and it's all rumour. It doesn't seem to make sense from a business point of view on their part, as they would have known Shels will not accept 200,000 net for Byrne. That's why they didn't g ahead with the deal.

zinedineontour
19/12/2005, 12:39 PM
That doyle transfer fee was the final straw for me. Jason Byrne is worth about £1 million GBP and any €400,000 deal is a sham.

To be honest shels were getting a great deal imo for 400,000 .. he is not in the same class as Kevin Doyle who maybe soon would command the likes of 1mill but jason byrne ?? they should have snapped off their hands ..

Roo69
19/12/2005, 12:42 PM
When did I say you did? The only thing Bray may have done is stop their chance of getting a nice little earner from Byrne, if any of this indeed happened and it's all rumour. It doesn't seem to make sense from a business point of view on their part, as they would have known Shels will not accept 200,000 net for Byrne. That's why they didn't g ahead with the deal.

So in other words, your saying "smaller" clubs should let "bigger" clubs fcuk them over ? Why should we have taken a smaller % fee of what was originally agreed by Shels ?

Bray have stoped nothing, as i said, Shels were the ones doing the deal, NOT Bray, so how did we stop ourselves getting a sell on fee when we had nothing to do with it. Shels are the ones who decided not to sell because of the sell on fee involved

The Sheliban
19/12/2005, 12:54 PM
There is no evidence anywhere to suggest that Shels tried to get Bray to renogotiate the contract.
The statement said that because Bray were entitled to a cut, Shels wanted to make sure that they got a decent price for him. People are interpreting that as Shels trying to bully Bray into renegotiating. I have seen no evidence that this is the case, but would be quick to condemn, if this were so.
Proven goalscorers are thin on the ground. It will be interesting to see where Djurgartens go to pick up an adequate replacement.
Personally I'd have sold him for 400,000.

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 12:58 PM
So in other words, your saying "smaller" clubs should let "bigger" clubs fcuk them over ? Why should we have taken a smaller % fee of what was originally agreed by Shels ?

Bray have stoped nothing, as i said, Shels were the ones doing the deal, NOT Bray, so how did we stop ourselves getting a sell on fee when we had nothing to do with it. Shels are the ones who decided not to sell because of the sell on fee involved

If you want to put words in my mouth, get outraged over them and argue against points that were never made don't waste my time with it.

I never said Bray prevented anything, or pretty much anything your ranting about there. I said IF, and it's a hypotetical if, Shels would have accepted the deal if Bray reduced the sell on clause, if I was Bray I would have been eager to do so, as that beats getting nothing should Byrne remain at Shels or leave later on at much less money possibley nothing depending on his age and contract situation. Bray will never be in a position to recieve this much money for Byrne again, it would make sense on their part to accept a reduction percentage wise and in the process earn far more than they ever expected in what was essentially free money for them.

To be honest shels were getting a great deal imo for 400,000 .. he is not in the same class as Kevin Doyle who maybe soon would command the likes of 1mill but jason byrne ?? they should have snapped off their hands ..

Byrne consistently scored more goals than Doyle here, won more trophys and won more awards. All Doyle has on Byrne is age.

Raheny Red
19/12/2005, 1:10 PM
zinedineontour wote:

Are you serious??

Where you not in Tolka last season and see the magic produced by Jayo. €400,000 is pittance for a player of Jayos standard!!

Macy
19/12/2005, 1:16 PM
Bray will never be in a position to recieve this much money for Byrne again, it would make sense on their part to accept a reduction percentage wise and in the process earn far more than they ever expected in what was essentially free money for them.
But niether will shels, so around we go again.... :D

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 1:38 PM
But niether will shels, so around we go again.... :D

Yes but that's entirely different. From Shels point of view, the 200,000 they would recieve is below their valuation of Jason Byrne and why they wont sell him. To get that 200,000, they would lose their main striker and one of their most important players. They value him higher, so no deal. Bray on the other hand would not actually be loseing anything in their case

KK77
19/12/2005, 1:50 PM
Lads in all fairness we have done nothing wrong here all we have done is claim what would have been rightly ours at the end of the day Shels stopped the deal because they wanted more money for him because as Pat Fenlon said last week with Bray entitled to their share he wanted to make sure Shels got their's as well which means he wanted more than the 200,000 they would have got so it's Shels problem not Bray's.

Raheny Red
19/12/2005, 1:55 PM
Rafa B wrote:

it's Shels problem not Bray's.

Oh yes what a terrible problem we have by having the best striker in the eL!!

Slash/ED
19/12/2005, 1:58 PM
it's Shels problem not Bray's.

That's my point, is it? Our 'problem' is we retain the best striker in the country who will mroe than likely get another 25 or so league goals next season and win the golden boot again. A problem frankly I'm loving.

Brays issue is different. They could have made alot of money and given nothing up in return but now miss out on that chance and instead end up with absolutley nothing. If I was involved in Bray I would have been approaching Shels offering to reduce the clause, not by a great deal, if it was the difference between getting alot of money and no money at all. To me, that just makes sense.

From Shels point of view, the options were simple. Option one, gain 200,000, lose Byrne, option two, keep Byrne get no money in. We made the right choice on that front, so I'm happy.

Roo69
19/12/2005, 2:14 PM
If you want to put words in my mouth, get outraged over them and argue against points that were never made don't waste my time with it.

I never said Bray prevented anything, or pretty much anything your ranting about there. I said IF, and it's a hypotetical if, Shels would have accepted the deal if Bray reduced the sell on clause, if I was Bray I would have been eager to do so, as that beats getting nothing should Byrne remain at Shels or leave later on at much less money possibley nothing depending on his age and contract situation. Bray will never be in a position to recieve this much money for Byrne again, it would make sense on their part to accept a reduction percentage wise and in the process earn far more than they ever expected in what was essentially free money for them.

Byrne consistently scored more goals than Doyle here, won more trophys and won more awards. All Doyle has on Byrne is age.

To quote you - "The only thing Bray may have done is stop their chance of getting a nice little earner from Byrne" What is that suppoed to mean ?

Again, why should we accept a reduction in the fee when it was what both clubs agreed on in the 1st place ? why should Bray sell themselves short to suit Shelbourne......

Roo69
19/12/2005, 2:15 PM
Yes but that's entirely different. From Shels point of view, the 200,000 they would recieve is below their valuation of Jason Byrne and why they wont sell him. To get that 200,000, they would lose their main striker and one of their most important players. They value him higher, so no deal. Bray on the other hand would not actually be loseing anything in their case

Yes we would, we would be missing out on money that is rightly ours.

Tenderloins
19/12/2005, 2:20 PM
Did Shels not realise what they were doing when the 50% sell on clause was put in? It does seem to be a high %. Is this the normal figure?

bigmac
19/12/2005, 2:35 PM
Yes we would, we would be missing out on money that is rightly ours.

As distinct from missing out completely you mean? I don't think anybody is blaming Bray for destroying a deal, I'm quite happy that an Irish club can reject a significant sum of money, regardless of the terms of the deal. The deal fell through because Shels value Byrne higher than Djurgardens, simple as that.

The point that people raised here is a valid discussion in the abstract, leaving aside the actual clubs involved. If Shelbourne were to (hypothetically, because I don't hear anyone say that they actually approached Bray) approach Bray and say, "300K is lower than we are willing to accept for this player, but if you were willing to renegotiate this part of the contract and accept a 200K cut of the deal, we would then sell him" what should Bray do?

There is no denying that a contract is a contract, but there is also scope in every contract for the contract to be renegotiated if both parties think it will be beneficial to them. Therefore, there are basically two ways of thinking of it.
1. A contract is a contract is a contract, we don't care about whether we will or won't get any money, as long as the contract is adhered to correctly.
2. Ok, if the deal doesn't go through, then we won't get anything, so let's take a cut and walk away with some unexpected money.
Clearly, a lot of people on this forum would do the latter, to be honest, I'm not that bothered about it, I'm just as happy that a potential relegation rival doesn't have a couple of hundred grand of a cash injection.

On a related note, there have been lots of psychological studies done on a similar problem (I forget the classic case name). Essentially, there are two subjects. One of them is given one hundred euros. He is told that he must split it with the other person, in whatever ratio he wants, however, if the other person is not willing to accept the split, neither party gets anything. Interestingly, even though everybody (no matter what the split) ends up with more than they had before, most people won't accept less than about 25 to 35 percent (it varies) and conversely, most people offer around 30 to 50%, with quite a high percentage at 50. The point of this is that some strange innate sense of "fairness" completely overrides good business sense, and I think that is what some posters here believe has happened with Bray.

For the record, I personally don't believe that Bray were ever asked anything, and this whole transfer has been exaggerated beyond belief. Shels were offered 400K, turned it down straight away, no hesitation, and that was the end of it. Everything else is just hypothetical. Interesting, but hypothetical.

Roo69
19/12/2005, 2:48 PM
As distinct from missing out completely you mean? I don't think anybody is blaming Bray for destroying a deal, I'm quite happy that an Irish club can reject a significant sum of money, regardless of the terms of the deal. The deal fell through because Shels value Byrne higher than Djurgardens, simple as that.

The point that people raised here is a valid discussion in the abstract, leaving aside the actual clubs involved. If Shelbourne were to (hypothetically, because I don't hear anyone say that they actually approached Bray) approach Bray and say, "300K is lower than we are willing to accept for this player, but if you were willing to renegotiate this part of the contract and accept a 200K cut of the deal, we would then sell him" what should Bray do?

There is no denying that a contract is a contract, but there is also scope in every contract for the contract to be renegotiated if both parties think it will be beneficial to them. Therefore, there are basically two ways of thinking of it.
1. A contract is a contract is a contract, we don't care about whether we will or won't get any money, as long as the contract is adhered to correctly.
2. Ok, if the deal doesn't go through, then we won't get anything, so let's take a cut and walk away with some unexpected money.
Clearly, a lot of people on this forum would do the latter, to be honest, I'm not that bothered about it, I'm just as happy that a potential relegation rival doesn't have a couple of hundred grand of a cash injection.

On a related note, there have been lots of psychological studies done on a similar problem (I forget the classic case name). Essentially, there are two subjects. One of them is given one hundred euros. He is told that he must split it with the other person, in whatever ratio he wants, however, if the other person is not willing to accept the split, neither party gets anything. Interestingly, even though everybody (no matter what the split) ends up with more than they had before, most people won't accept less than about 25 to 35 percent (it varies) and conversely, most people offer around 30 to 50%, with quite a high percentage at 50. The point of this is that some strange innate sense of "fairness" completely overrides good business sense, and I think that is what some posters here believe has happened with Bray.

For the record, I personally don't believe that Bray were ever asked anything, and this whole transfer has been exaggerated beyond belief. Shels were offered 400K, turned it down straight away, no hesitation, and that was the end of it. Everything else is just hypothetical. Interesting, but hypothetical.

If Shels really wanted a bigger slice of the fee they could have came to us to bargin a better deal, but they didnt.

For example if they had of come to us and said, right you can have 150k and we will offer you David Tyrrell as well i would have snapped the hand off them for that no problems what so ever, or even David Tyrrell, Kevin Doherty and Gary O'Neill plus 75/100k, there was was around this but Shels did'nt bother looking into them.

I know for a fact that we were never consulted once about the deal, and as i said why should we have been, this was between Shels, Jason and DIF. They didnt agree to terms and cancelled it.

I wonder would any of the so called "bigger" clubs renegotiate if they were in Bray's suitation ? Doubt they would sell themselves short either really.

CuanaD
19/12/2005, 2:59 PM
Actually, I think its GOOd that Shels rejected the deal, without asking Bray to renegociate the sell-on clause. That says that Shels are happy that Bray will get their fair cut from any deal, but that €400k is too low a valuation for Jason. Spot on IMO

Have a figure in my head - 600-800k would be a fair valuation for Jason Byrne. I think, if 600k was offered then that would probably be good business for all concerned.

Roo69
19/12/2005, 3:02 PM
Actually, I think its GOOd that Shels rejected the deal, without asking Bray to renegociate the sell-on clause. That says that Shels are happy that Bray will get their fair cut from any deal, but that €400k is too low a valuation for Jason. Spot on IMO

Have a figure in my head - 600-800k would be a fair valuation for Jason Byrne. I think, if 600k was offered then that would probably be good business for all concerned.

If Shels can get between 600-800k for Jason then excellent, even better for Bray.