PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time on banks

A face
16/12/2005, 12:02 PM
The banks .... anyone see Prime Time on Monday ??

Un-bfúcking-lievable !!

Where would you get it only in Ireland .... and not one person will lose their job or end up in prison over it.

Peadar
16/12/2005, 12:40 PM
Sure what do you expect when Bank of Ireland make over €3m profit every day and they're just the poor relation of AIB.

thejollyrodger
16/12/2005, 1:05 PM
this country is a sham. ever go to the dentist here and in another country? What a rip off. The banking sector is racketeering. So too is the car industry. Everything is pathetic

pete
16/12/2005, 1:16 PM
While i think state should only be involved in things like education, policing etc... it is also their job to police the private sector. If Banks are stealing money from people then it is governments fault for not regulating them properly or prosecuting the offenders.

Tenderloins
16/12/2005, 2:53 PM
Banks will get away with what they can. Then if found out they'll be fined etc. What needs to happen is top brass at the banks to be jailed for these things. Its institutionalised theft of the sneakiest degree.

pete
17/12/2005, 11:37 AM
Banks will get away with what they can. Then if found out they'll be fined etc. What needs to happen is top brass at the banks to be jailed for these things. Its institutionalised theft of the sneakiest degree.

I posted elsewhere that Competition Authority was modelled on the US version except not given powers to have executives jailed.

Aberdonian Stu
18/12/2005, 5:29 PM
I remember when Steve Cutler took command of the Securities Exchange Commission's (SEC) enforcement division post Sarbanes Oxley. He scared he hell out of dodgy execs. Himself and to a greater degreee Elliott Ness...I mean Spitzer have been accused of over-zealousness in their prosecutions but on the face of it they're just redressing the balance.