PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year

galwaygirl
16/12/2005, 10:16 AM
.. was officially awarded to Alan Gough last nite at the Race Night in The Kingsvalley.

Congrats Alan and keep up the good work next season :D

gufct
16/12/2005, 11:17 AM
Great season,good speech but pity about the jumper im sure it looks well on the golf course.:D

gufcfan
16/12/2005, 1:56 PM
more of that next season...

geezer
16/12/2005, 2:13 PM
in his previous stint over in Glenina about 12 years ago goughie was brilliant
with him back now, having gained all that experience he is becoming invaluable to united he will lead us back to the promised land...

United are going up

Tribesman
16/12/2005, 3:58 PM
yes, Gough was a good choice for Player of the Year.

Alan Keane was another good selection, hopefully he can continue
to improve.

Aaron GUFC
18/12/2005, 11:31 AM
It's a bit of a surprise to me as my no.1 was Mixie Harty for his fantastic performances and incredible consistency shown all season. I'm sure alot of our fans would agree with me but Alan Gough was a bit of an unsung hero for us last season and fair play to him with his solid performances throughout the season he has shown he deserves this award just as much as Mixie does. Alan has been a great leader for the whole season and been a tremendous presence within the squad spuring the team on when they have shown a lack of passion. Just for lifting the teams spirits and being very consistent and getting a few cleansheets and making some spectacular saves I would like to say fair play to Goughy for his contribution to the side and helping us getting some victories we thought we would never see last season.
Well done Alan ,
Aaron