PDA

View Full Version : What is your No.1 Christmas shopping spot?

Thunderblaster
16/12/2005, 12:08 AM
My places would be the Foyleside shopping centre in Derry or Clayton Square in Liverpool. The Castlecourt in Belfast looks good.
Ilac Centre in Dublin is OK and St. Stephen's Green Centre likewise.
Heard some good stories on Newry and Enniskillen.
Galway and Castlebar in Mayo have become popular in recent times.

M@ttitude
16/12/2005, 1:03 AM
My places would be the Foyleside shopping centre in Derry or Clayton Square in Liverpool. The Castlecourt in Belfast looks good.
Ilac Centre in Dublin is OK and St. Stephen's Green Centre likewise.
Heard some good stories on Newry and Enniskillen.
Galway and Castlebar in Mayo have become popular in recent times.
Ilac Centre? Its not bad, but for top spots maybe it was 15 years ago, or if you combine it with Henry St now maybe.. Blanchardstown centre, Liffey Valley(ihate it), The new Shopping centre in Dundrum is supposed to be good.

Peadar
16/12/2005, 8:16 AM
The Ilac is a kip which thankfully is being cleaned up. They wont manage to remove the creams who frequent the place though.

I have a particular dislike for Blanch. Liffey Vally is 50 times better!

The combination of Henry St./Jervis Centre and Grafton St. gives Dublin City centre plenty of options.

Mahon point in Cork is ok.

Cork City centre itself has pretty much everything you need.

The Trafford Centre in Manchester is the dogs undercarriage!
Cracking spot for eating, shopping and entertaining.

Centro Colombo in Lisbon is one of the biggest malls I've ever seen. If you can't get all your Christmas shopping done there, you may as well give up.

Heard a lot of people saying that they were shopping in New York this year.

Block G Raptor
16/12/2005, 8:24 AM
Blanch Center has something for everyone
thats were I got THE shirt

Risteard
16/12/2005, 9:14 AM
Not a b'ah humbug kind of guy but i'll be avoiding the city centre in the mornings for the next week and a half.
I like a pint at night in town at Christmas but i wouldn't be up for all those panicky mothers shoving umbrellas and buggys into me at all.
Mahon Point.

Babysis
16/12/2005, 9:17 AM
I got all my christmas shopping done in Brighton yesterday. Excellent spot, not much you cant find there.

gustavo
16/12/2005, 9:56 AM
do all my Shopping in Marys of Sligo at 5.30 on Christmas Eve:D

Cosmo
16/12/2005, 10:05 AM
Post office - those vouchers for loads of shops are great as they cater for everyone regardless of what their interests are :)

onenilgameover
16/12/2005, 10:31 AM
TK Max or what ever its called in St Stephens Green has some great bargains...got a class pair of shoes there and a load of gifts for the Fambly..

Peadar
16/12/2005, 11:30 AM
load of gifts for the Fambly..

You obviously got your "fambly" there too.
A cut price version of the traditional "family." :D

pete
16/12/2005, 12:14 PM
Not a b'ah humbug kind of guy but i'll be avoiding the city centre in the mornings for the next week and a half.

I can't stand the shopping centres or the city centres at this time of years because of the crowds. Shopping is no go zone especially at weekends.

The Stars
16/12/2005, 2:22 PM
Quayside in Sligo........Agree with gustavo that Marys is the place to go though.

paul_oshea
16/12/2005, 3:16 PM
i dont buy any just let my sister and brother buy me pressents instead!!

Peadar
16/12/2005, 3:40 PM
Actually I've just been reminded of the Christmas shopping I did in the Hyundai Mall in Seoul.

Got everyone really cheap things but they couldn't complain because they came all the way from Korea. The Korean Christmas cards went down a treat. :D

sligoman
16/12/2005, 6:20 PM
do all my Shopping in Marys of Sligo at 5.30 on Christmas EveClassy Gus, I like it:D.

I'd usually go to Enniskillen, Derry or Galway. Although this year, we have a load of new shops now so I think I'll stay at home:cool::D.

Agree with Peadar about the Trafford Centre. It's a top place for shopping and it's massive too!

onenilgameover
17/12/2005, 8:57 AM
My da knows a guy that buys broken presents on Christmas eve that have been trampled on in the rush to buy and tells his kids that santa fell off the roof. ''Did ye not hear the thump?''

sligoman
17/12/2005, 2:36 PM
My da knows a guy that buys broken presents on Christmas eve that have been trampled on in the rush to buy and tells his kids that santa fell off the roof. ''Did ye not hear the thump?''and he just happens to fall off the roof every year like?:rolleyes:. He'd wanna get the builder's out to check that one:D.

jorge
17/12/2005, 3:14 PM
Dundrum misses something but im not sure what.
For Christmas Henry St is the place to go.

Neish
18/12/2005, 12:33 PM
I usually do my christmass shopping in Letterkenny or Derry, but does it really matter most of the big shoping centres/malls have all the same shops selling all the same stuff as far as I've seen.

Anyhow nowhere is better than McElhinney's Stores of Ballybofey. ;)

Rory H
18/12/2005, 12:38 PM
tesco.....i did all my shopping there:D

during half time of the villa game....best part of the game was the trip to tesco

AidoM
18/12/2005, 6:44 PM
Blanch Center has something for everyone
thats were I got THE shirt

Makes Blanchardstown a legitimate target for selling THAT shirt :eek: :D ;)

pete
20/12/2005, 2:34 PM
Ye are all a bunch of women... :D

I do my shopping in shops.

gustavo
20/12/2005, 2:39 PM
i can just see wild rovers shopping basket now:)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.derbyshire2/t-shirts/tesco%20value.jpg

http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tesco.2.jpg

http://boakes.org/pics/2005/valuecard/TescoValueSpecialOccasionCard.png

:)

The Stars
20/12/2005, 2:49 PM
I dont think the budget was enough to afford all 3 of those gustavo.

gustavo
20/12/2005, 3:12 PM
well just the drink so.