PDA

View Full Version : 100% Attendance?

Pages : [1] 2

Dr.Nightdub
15/12/2005, 11:07 PM
Just curious, how many people here have gone a full season without missing a match, home or away. League and Cup only, don't mind the League Cup - unless anyone's done the treble?

A face
15/12/2005, 11:15 PM
Its a hard job to do it, anyone that has then fair play to ya !!

have gone three season without missing a home game, away is damn hard.

Snoop Drog
15/12/2005, 11:17 PM
I went 4 seasons without missing a HOME match but every season I have always missed a few away games.

BohsFans
16/12/2005, 12:52 AM
I was at every Bohs game this season home & away!

League
League cup
FAI cup
Intertoto cup

some of it terrible, some of it great, a lot of it drunk :D

Mr A
16/12/2005, 1:16 AM
A couple of seasons ago I got to every Harps match bar a Tuesday night cup replay in Cork. I'll regret missing that match until for the rest of my life as I may never get as close again!

DvB
16/12/2005, 7:26 AM
Did the full sweep, friendlies, league cup, intertoto cup, FAI cup & full league programme a couple of seasons ago! Have to admit it was hard going at the end, used up practically all my holidays making every fixture, became a holy grail of sorts with only 7 or 8 games to go!

I actually hope to do the full thing this year as well as alot of it will be new to me being in the sodding first division!

Koh

Cosmo
16/12/2005, 8:08 AM
Just curious, how many people here have gone a full season without missing a match, home or away. League and Cup only, don't mind the League Cup - unless anyone's done the treble?

Over the last couple of seasons I was always 1 or 2 matches out of doing it.

This season I managed to go to every league and cup match (and most of the friendlies :) )

Krstic
16/12/2005, 8:14 AM
Went to every home game fron 1985-2001, the first game I missed at the Brandywell was the friendly against Real Madrid in the summer of 2001.

I've missed 6 home games now in 20 years....................................
Part-timer:mad:

Block G Raptor
16/12/2005, 8:14 AM
Been to every home game for thirteen years up to the shel's game last month
make about 50% of away's

Peadar
16/12/2005, 8:25 AM
I was at every Bohs game this season home & away!

Yes Gareth, but as manager it's your job to be there. :D

chippie0001
16/12/2005, 8:31 AM
Did it a few season's back, europe, the cup and league. Never go to league cup games as a general rule. This year was far too bad to even consider it.

monutdfc
16/12/2005, 8:37 AM
We have a father and daughter who have missed one game between them (ie Denise was there but James wasn't) in the past 2 seasons. And it's a lot harder in the Discover Ireland First Division! Especially when your team is in the nether parts of that division.
James and Denise, take a bow!

sfc red
16/12/2005, 9:03 AM
Did it a few season's back, europe, the cup and league. Never go to league cup games as a general rule. This year was far too bad to even consider it.

Bandwagon jumper, you're just a bandwagon jumper...

The Sheliban
16/12/2005, 9:12 AM
Used to do every game when I was young and single.
Now I don't even come close. Can't get to Friday night games outside the Pale, and miss a few during my two weeks summer holidays.

chippie0001
16/12/2005, 9:40 AM
Bandwagon jumper, you're just a bandwagon jumper...

I am indeed, since I started in 1983 Bohs have won so much to keep me on the band wagon :)

Fortuna1886
16/12/2005, 10:24 AM
One advantage up here is that even away games are only an hour and a half away at most. Makes it a lot easier to have a 100% record, I know several who do including friendlies and Europe. Having midweek games 200 miles away would put a strain on most fans mind what with having to take time off work.

A point that wouldn't inconvienience most Cliftonville fans though....

pete
16/12/2005, 11:56 AM
Based in the pale i usually get most away games. I think i missed 1 away league game this season.

Dodge
16/12/2005, 12:14 PM
Done it a few seasons (League Cup and leinster Cup too!) Haven't missed more than two in the last 6/7 and haven't misseda home league game in over 16 years now (I know, geek...)

Peadar
16/12/2005, 1:23 PM
I have a life.
I've often missed a game in order to go on a date.
Never keep count of what games I go to.

Used to go home every other Sunday for games before but then I began to see the benefits of long term girlfriends.

Raheny Red
16/12/2005, 1:23 PM
A couple of seasons back when I was about 16 I did everything - league, cup and league cup. But these days it's just getting harder and harder!!

pineapple stu
16/12/2005, 1:25 PM
Missed about 6 this year. Think I missed three last year. A healthy devotion! :)

Bald Student
16/12/2005, 1:28 PM
I remember reading in a Shamrock Rovers program about a young wan who hadn't missed a game, home or away, since he was born.

pineapple stu
16/12/2005, 1:32 PM
Are you sure that wasn't a printing error...I mean...typo?

Strabane_Harp
16/12/2005, 1:35 PM
I remember reading in a Shamrock Rovers program about a young wan who hadn't missed a game, home or away, since he was born.

what home?

Peadar
16/12/2005, 1:38 PM

Since he had the sex change or since he was actually born??? :confused: :D

Cosmo
16/12/2005, 2:09 PM
I have a life.
I've often missed a game in order to go on a date.

That's soooooo gay :D

Have never left a bird get in the way of me going to a drogs match (was it dodge that had a story on here a couple of weeks ago about getting dumped because he went to a pats match instead of bringing his girlfriend out for her birthday :D )

harpskid
16/12/2005, 2:10 PM
I was at all Harps games this year, home and away.

Was at most U21 games too :ball: :ball:

Peadar
16/12/2005, 2:21 PM
Have never left a bird get in the way of me going to a drogs match

I've seen the birds in Drogheda, wouldn't blame you mate! :D

Red4Eva
16/12/2005, 5:16 PM
missed 4 games this season home&away all competitions

ndrog
16/12/2005, 9:29 PM

Have never left a bird get in the way of me going to a drogs match (was it dodge that had a story on here a couple of weeks ago about getting dumped because he went to a pats match instead of bringing his girlfriend out for her birthday :D )

Cosmo ...feck sake man .The last time you seen a fanny you put a plaster on it:eek:

EireBadBoy
17/12/2005, 12:42 AM
Good to see there are loads of plastic fans out there!! :D

I get grief off friends for missing matches through work, it's almost like you miss matches because you want to. I see getting to a game a privilege rather than a choice as I work shifts.

Having said that I know one culprit that has just started Uni. in Belfast - I'll not be long in getting my own back and when they get a job.........

EireBadBoy
17/12/2005, 12:44 AM
Cosmo ...feck sake man .The last time you seen a fanny you put a plaster on it:eek:

Ohhhhhhhh!!! That would explain so many, many, many things!! Thanks for letting us know. :D

KR's Post
17/12/2005, 8:45 AM
Missed 4 matches all year due to 2 holidays and Oxygen! IT'S HARD...

Anto McC
17/12/2005, 9:11 AM
I never did but last season my 16 year old brother got to all the league and cup matches both home and away.

Dodge
17/12/2005, 9:21 AM

It wasn't her birthday. I went out with her on her birthday. It was a party for her birthday the night after it. And Pats were going for the league FFS, no way was I missing that. Seen her since, she's in bits. A couple of kids and about 3 bellies so no loss...

As for Peadar's comment about having a life.... I have a life. I choose to go the games, no one forces me. Its just the thing I like doing most.*

)Well obviously there's one or two exceptions but I dream of the day when I can combine them. (Can't wait for executive boxes...)

Passive
17/12/2005, 9:33 AM
Got to every game I could get to this season. Missed one home game, the second (?) last one against Bray, because I was out of the country. Also missed some away games (Cork, one of the Derry ones, Waterford, Drogheda) because I was stuck in work. I had the pleasure of missing the second leg of the play-off because I was out of the country with work.

I've never made every match in a season, work or holidays always deprives me of a few. Put it this way, I've never been sitting at home twiddling my thumbs when Rovers are playing.

Dodge - sometimes these decisions have to be made. Was in a similar situation myself when the Hoops were causing a bit of tension. I had to choose. I'm still going to Rovers.

Hulsey
17/12/2005, 11:17 AM
Missed four games (2 away, 2 Home) all season. Missed Avondale away in the cup and the first Harps away game because aparantly the leaving cert was more important:mad: ! Still throw that one at my ma & da every so often:D . Missed Longford at home because my mates wouldn't wait till Saturday morning to drive down to Oxygen and missed Waterford at home cos my uncle decided to get married in Lanzarote the day after the game and we had to be on the specially chartered flight on the thursday:mad: . I sulked through every single one of those absences. Next year I'm defo going for the clean sweep.

Dr.Nightdub
17/12/2005, 1:42 PM
Was one game away from it myself last season - missed the first away game to Shels cos the annual sales conference in work was on in March and a compulsory overnight stay was involved. Next year, with the conference on in January and the fortnight's break in the season cos of the World Cup to squeeze in a quick holiday, a clean sweep looks do-able.

bohs til i die
17/12/2005, 8:24 PM
went to all games in 2002-2003 and all of the 2003 season with the exception of one of our two trips to Derry in November 2003 [which were on Tuesday nights].

Since then have missed 6 in two full seasons out of about 90 games altogether.

Réiteoir
17/12/2005, 9:57 PM
Only caught 15 games this season - due to me being in another country.

That will change next season

Magicme
17/12/2005, 10:13 PM
I missed a league and a cup game in June when my brother was getting married in Spain and have missed one other home and 2 away games coz was in hospital or close to death.....

Next year is my year for not missing any....good plan whoever it was said they were gonna go on hols during break for World Cup....must book mine that time too.

Éanna
19/12/2005, 12:53 AM
Managed it this season: I think it was about 55 games in total. All League games, all Cup games, all European games and all League Cup games. The only one I missed was the Munster Senior Cup final, which I had to work for, and I did my penance by going to Cobh on a tuesday(?) for an U21 game. Made a few U21 games as well, as well as 1 Limerick game and several Ramblers matches. I missed 3 last season in all competitions and got really ****ed off about it, so decided to set the record straight this year- not gonna shut up about it either :D

Peadar
19/12/2005, 8:48 AM
As for Peadar's comment about having a life.... I have a life. I choose to go the games, no one forces me. Its just the thing I like doing most.*

If I had a cushy job like yours, in my home town, I'd get to more games too.

Dodge
19/12/2005, 10:13 AM
Cushy job me hole.... And what's stopping you? Plenty of jobs about apparently ;)

Mr_T
19/12/2005, 10:34 AM
I was at all Harps games this year, home and away.

Was at most U21 games too :ball: :ball:

Harpskid, are you being modest there, did you not do that this season AND last season as well?

As far as I know the kid has a 100% record for two years in a row, as well as going to most U21 home games and badly needs to get a life!!! :D Only kidding kid, I'm jealous.

NY Hoop
19/12/2005, 12:56 PM
Did it few years back. Went to all games for about 3 or 4 years running. Didnt miss a game in 2004 either. Even changed a flight back from Amsterdam to go to Hooping in the RSC!

KOH

Schumi
19/12/2005, 3:17 PM
Missed one game in the short season (2002/3 I think). The worst part was that it was an easily makeable game: Rovers away. I was sick in bed and couldn't make it. There was only 6 or 7 games left at the time too. :(

Missed three this year: CHF at home in the cup because I was in the Faroes and Cork and Harps away.

wws
19/12/2005, 4:47 PM
Havent missed a game in two seasons now, and I also went two years without missing a single game on Sky

harpskid
19/12/2005, 6:22 PM
Harpskid, are you being modest there, did you not do that this season AND last season as well?

As far as I know the kid has a 100% record for two years in a row, as well as going to most U21 home games and badly needs to get a life!!! :D Only kidding kid, I'm jealous.

Haven't missed a league game now since Cobh away in 2003 Didn't get 100% last season (2004) - Missed the Sligo league cup game. Was fcukin' ragin too! Was a Monday night and I had an exam the next morning. Would have went but for the fact that I decided Cobh away on the Saturday was a fine option. Indeed it was too. Mc Hugh got a hat-trick that night and we won 4-1 i think

Haven't missed a game in Finn Park since 2000 - Swilly Rovers in the league cup as well.

Get to most U21 home matches and even took the unprecedented step of watching them twice away too! And myself and Mr F are reaching new heights of fanatacism/sadness by deciding to follow the Ulster Senior League side!!!

I badly need a life...aren't you the bloke that once had an article written about him entitled "the saddest fan in Ireland" :p

You were doing grand 'til ye got married :eek:

Red4Eva
20/12/2005, 12:10 AM
Haven't missed a league game now since.....Didn't get 100% last season (2004) - Missed the Sligo league cup game.

what a match to miss too. our best result of the season