PDA

View Full Version : Turner's Cross Stadium development set to start in January

A face
15/12/2005, 12:10 AM
Turner's Cross Stadium development set to start in January

The Munster Football Association hope to announce a start to the re-development works at their Turner’s Cross stadium before the end of January 2006 with a projected completion date within six months. Mr. Ger Delaney, Administrator/Secretary of the MFA, said the contract for the development was currently out to tender. A contractor should be appointed early in the new year.

An estimate of the expected cost of the development was commissioned some months ago and this came out at €1.2m. This estimate covered the costs of clearing the area behind one of the goals, the area previously occupied by “The Shed” where Cork City’s most enthusiastic fans gathered. It was the last remaining standing-only area in the compact stadium.

Read more at www.fai.ie (http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=345154&Title=Turner%27s+Cross+Stadium+development+set+to+ start+in+January&lid=Main+News&sub=Turner%27s+Cross+Stadium+development+set+to+st art+in+January&navlid=&sublid=)

pete
15/12/2005, 10:27 AM
The Munster Football Association hope to announce a start to the re-development works at their Turner’s Cross stadium before the end of January 2006 with a projected completion date within six months.

All that means is is expected to take to 6 months to complete & might start in January. Will only mean anything when it is actually announced & starts.

FlyingColumnist
15/12/2005, 3:47 PM
And when they get planning for the 'executive boxes' which hasn't even been applied for yet!

Bald Student
15/12/2005, 3:52 PM
I'm not trying to be too critical but should all this planning permission and tendering stuff not have been done during last season so as the actual construction could have started already?

Peadar
15/12/2005, 4:06 PM
should all this planning permission and tendering stuff not have been done during last season so as the actual construction could have started already?

The most important planning permission has been granted.
With regard to the tenders, they had to wait until the grant was available to draw down before they could put the work out to tender.

To the best of my knowledge, things are pretty much going to plan.

Ideally we'll have the work complete before the Champions League.

thejollyrodger
15/12/2005, 5:45 PM
The new grandstand will be constructed in such a way as to allow the inclusion of a number of executive boxes in the second phase of the development, for which planning permission has not yet been sought.

i thought they were going to build the stand in one go :S

Bald Student
15/12/2005, 6:03 PM
The most important planning permission has been granted.
With regard to the tenders, they had to wait until the grant was available to draw down before they could put the work out to tender.

To the best of my knowledge, things are pretty much going to plan.

Ideally we'll have the work complete before the Champions League.OK, I was kind of expecting a wrecking ball to hit the Shed the day after the league ended. I suppose not everyone works to a footballing timetable though.

Peadar
16/12/2005, 8:22 AM
I suppose not everyone works to a footballing timetable though.

The MFA certainly don't work to an eircom League season timetable, that's for sure! If work starts in February and takes 6 months, then we'll be in good shape for Europe.

paudie
20/12/2005, 8:30 AM
The MFA certainly don't work to an eircom League season timetable, that's for sure! If work starts in February and takes 6 months, then we'll be in good shape for Europe.

Don't know about that.
First round of CL qualifiers starts in July doesn't it?

Peadar
21/12/2005, 12:08 PM
Don't know about that.
First round of CL qualifiers starts in July doesn't it?

Depends on whether it's six months, as in, 24 weeks or six calendar months, as in,
February, March, April, May, June, July.

Either way, we'll be close enough.