PDA

View Full Version : Mayo U-21

The Don
14/12/2005, 3:27 PM
Is there any form in which a Mayo u-21 side could exist in the future.

swinfordfc
14/12/2005, 3:48 PM

Cant see it but its a shame, mayo would have very good young talent throughout the county and would have a great side.

renovater
14/12/2005, 6:13 PM
course you can as long as you take El duce and his cronies out of the picture what is stopping the clubs in meeting, with setting there own committee up and organise an u-21 or inviting ex members of the league to be involved

Its a pitty that el duce doesn't listen to the clubs veiws or his own LMC,members

biffo
15/12/2005, 7:09 AM
Its a shame the debacle the u21 mayo team has become. it was an undoubted mistake that players were forced to play for the mayo team instead of their home clubs that have put so much into the development of the player.
i remeber the mayo u21 team beating galway 6-0 in celtic park and also defeating derry city 2-0 at the same location about 2 years ago when fergie and lar were in charge. Mayo had players better in many positions than the afore mentioned teams, have their careers progressed as well?
the problem is that players wont travel to games a distance away such as derry. it is unrealistic to say that the players had the appetite to travel such a distance and play a team who were getting paid for their appearance. i feel that expenses should have been paid to players on such occassions. many lads would have had to take a day of work for instance.
well theres my two pence worth

Le Grande Eric
16/12/2005, 8:18 PM
Its a shame the debacle the u21 mayo team has become. it was an undoubted mistake that players were forced to play for the mayo team instead of their home clubs that have put so much into the development of the player.
i remeber the mayo u21 team beating galway 6-0 in celtic park and also defeating derry city 2-0 at the same location about 2 years ago when fergie and lar were in charge. Mayo had players better in many positions than the afore mentioned teams, have their careers progressed as well?
the problem is that players wont travel to games a distance away such as derry. it is unrealistic to say that the players had the appetite to travel such a distance and play a team who were getting paid for their appearance. i feel that expenses should have been paid to players on such occassions. many lads would have had to take a day of work for instance.
well theres my two pence worth
I can't understand the mentality of players who do not want to represent the league that provides them with football,This has been going on for the last three years remember the number of times Mayo have travelled with the bare bones of a team.Pay them expences .You must be joking! Compare this to the Oscar Traynor squad, no difficulty with getting seasoned players representing their League or the young players aged 16/17/18 who played for the u 21's in the second half of this season Remember what the Manager has said Saturday nights would see many players withdrawing ....injured!

biffo
22/12/2005, 11:18 AM
anyone up for naming their best xi who played for the mayo u21s since the teams eircom league initiation

renovater
07/01/2006, 12:21 AM
can anyone tell me if a mayo gaa team was playing would there be a club team playing ?
i doubt it but you can tell be if it does happen.

swinfordfc
09/01/2006, 9:02 AM
can anyone tell me if a mayo gaa team was playing would there be a club team playing ?
i doubt it but you can tell be if it does happen.

yes it happens sometimes in league matches where they is a clash and the club team would therefore have to play without they county stars, crossmolina badly affected over the years on this.

renovater
10/01/2006, 8:50 PM
yes it happens sometimes in league matches where they is a clash and the club team would therefore have to play without they county stars, crossmolina badly affected over the years on this.
but is it right?
noted you said league this wouldn't be championship which would beconsidered the flagship.
i dont think a club in the mayo league would get to upset if a player played in mayo team rather than a div. league cup match?
but in the mayo league they have r-35 for now.:rolleyes:

swinfordfc
11/01/2006, 9:25 AM
but is it right?
noted you said league this wouldn't be championship which would beconsidered the flagship.
i dont think a club in the mayo league would get to upset if a player played in mayo team rather than a div. league cup match?
but in the mayo league they have r-35 for now.:rolleyes:

yes i agreed its not fair on the club for sure and yes it would not happen for chamionship cause it just would not happen simple as that.

renovater
11/01/2006, 9:23 PM
yes i agreed its not fair on the club for sure and yes it would not happen for chamionship cause it just would not happen simple as that.

well i agree with you.
well its about time those who run football in mayo to cop themselfs on
lets not be a laugh of all football enternity:p

itisnow
12/01/2006, 12:31 AM
Surely there dosn't need to be any rush to finish the league,extend the time availablefor league matches, make dates available for under 21 matches (home ones anyway) insist on some sort of fixture timetable from Eircom League. Or am I over simplifying it