PDA

View Full Version : Cork City FC Lotto

A face
13/12/2005, 11:36 PM
There are details for subscription to the City Lotto on the clubs website.

Two packages are being offered, one is six months (http://corkcityfc.buy.ie/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=123&products_id=517), the other is twelve months (http://corkcityfc.buy.ie/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=123&products_id=518)

All the details can be found on those pages but if you should need anything, the email address to contact is cclotto@eircom.net .... or ask in the programme hut or club shop.

Best of Luck !! ;)

Steveoc
10/07/2007, 10:41 AM
After 7 years, it has been decided to call time on the City Lotto.

While in 2006 the Lotto funded the Under-age section of the club to the tune of 20,000 Euro the sales in 2007, especially since the Jackpot was last won in March, have been at such low level that continuing with the draw had become unsustainable.

Various attempts have been made over the years to increase sales , e.g. the addition of the Bonus draw; sales through the on-line shop and more recently a link up with Locallotto.ie but sales remained stubbornly low. The sales on-line were especially disappointing.

It has therefore been decided that the best option at this point is to call a halt, recharge the batteries and explore alternative methods of fundraising, starting with a clean sheet.

Over the years many friends have been made at various locations at which the Lotto draws were held throughout the City and County.

We would like to express our gratitude to all who helped make the Lotto a success while it lasted - publicans, volunteers and of course our loyal customers.

I am left now with 2 problems :

1. What the **** do I now do on Monday nights - and no, watching the Premiersh1t on T.V. is NOT an option.

2. As it is no longer needed, we have for sale a used Lotto machine, in perfect working order. As a guide, a new one costs approx. 600 Euro. If any one knows of a club or organisation looking for such a machine, send me a P.M.

CITY LOTTO COMMITTEE.

A face
18/07/2007, 10:35 PM
Fair play to all involved. Trojan work put in by the whole team. A credit to yourselves and the club.

GavinZac
18/07/2007, 11:20 PM
gutted, the lotto has been a part of city since i started going. its a real pity. its always been one of those "ill pay when i have a job" things for me, i never thought it'd be gone before that :/