PDA

View Full Version : Another move I'm afraid...

dahamsta
14/05/2002, 2:49 PM
I'm afraid I have to move the site again very shortly. I've just moved into a new machine in the US and I need to use Foot.ie as a testbed to see how it handles a (relatively) high load. So the site will disappear for an hour or so during the week - I'll try and do it off-peak - and reappear at billyfurry.foot.ie shortly afterwards. If I'm happy with the new server, it'll stay there for a month or two until I can arrange an alternative UK server, as the current one is costing me too much at the moment.

Cork is out, unfortunately, it's just too expensive. I might co-locate the box sitting next to me in Dublin at some stage though.

More info closer to the move.

adam

dahamsta
14/05/2002, 2:52 PM
Just an addendum: The good news is that the new server is a donkey of a yoke compared to my current machines. It's a 1GHz Pentium III with a half-gig of RAM, a 40 gig hard disk and 400 megs of transfer a month. I've only had 5 megs of transfer on my machines up until now, so I've been wary of getting too much traffic. Now I don't care any more, we can start thinking about doing deals with unofficial sites for hosting, get a few more people into the Foot.ie community.

adam

dahamsta
16/05/2002, 2:58 AM
Actually, I prefer AMD to Intel, and I'm bored of that one already anyway, so now we're moving to an AMD XP1900 (1.6GHz) with 1024MB RAM and a 60GB 7500 RPM hard drive. No point in fannying about, eh?

adam

pete
16/05/2002, 10:37 AM
Jeez talk about itchy feet ;)

Do you live in a caravan too? :D

Pablo
21/05/2002, 5:28 PM
Sounds mighty. Havent a clue what any of it means though :)