PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup Predictions...

Peadar
13/12/2005, 11:16 AM
Winner Group 1 - Cork City FC
Runner up Group 1 - Drogheda Utd.

Winner Group 2 - Shelbourne
Runner up Group 2 - Derry City

Final Pairing:
Cork City FC v Shelbourne

Winner:
Cork City FC

Anto McC
13/12/2005, 11:19 AM
Linfield to beat Cork in the final,i'd say

Dassa
13/12/2005, 11:22 AM
Gp 1 winners Cork. Runners up Portadown.
Gp 2 winners Linfield. Runners up Derry City.

Peadar
13/12/2005, 11:26 AM
I seriously think that Shels will capitalise on the distraction that the fixtures between Derry/Linfield/Glentoran will generate.

Also think that Drogheda will be too well organised for Ports.

Mark Breen
13/12/2005, 11:30 AM
Well, cork is the more than likely to win group 1

Its to tight to call in group 2, one of 3 i'd say, shels,derry and linfield

if it was mid season for both i'd give it to either derry or shel's but if the blues can catch us on the hop in pre season, then they stand a good chance,

we (shels) just have to make sure we don't slip up on the first day against the glens who will be looking to get one over on us after we thumped them in the CL. And we have to make sure we don't go into that game over confident

Wiseguy
13/12/2005, 1:02 PM
Linfield are a lot better than some people think and my memory from when we played them is that they were a bit shakey at the back but very sharp up front.I fancy them to get out of their group but it will be tough.

Peadar
13/12/2005, 1:06 PM
my memory from when we played them is that they were a bit shakey at the back but very sharp up front.

We all know know how Longford fare when they face opposition from outside the Republic. :rolleyes:

Wiseguy
13/12/2005, 1:09 PM
We all know know how Longford fare when they face opposition from outside the Republic. :rolleyes:

Yeah we beat Linfield and Glentoran on our own patch.We're just not good travellers:)

Peadar
13/12/2005, 1:11 PM
We're just not good travellers:)

The Rovers lads were telling me that you're all travellers down there! :eek: :D

*Edit* Sorry, I misread it.
You said that you're bad travellers.

pineapple stu
13/12/2005, 1:20 PM
Hard to see Dungannon getting anywhere or Cork not qualifying. Could be close between Drogs and Ports though. Drogs-Ports could be the decider, which is the fourth game, so that's an advantage for Drogheda.

In the other group...it could be anybody. Shels and Linfield maybe?

So Shels-Ports and Cork-Linfield in the semis and Cork-Shels in the final...

Risteard
13/12/2005, 1:31 PM
Group1
Portadown
City

Group2
Derry
Shels (maybe just pipping Linfield.

Derry to win.

I just imagine them really really wanting to win it.

pól-dcfc
13/12/2005, 1:43 PM
Well said. Winning the Setanta would mean more for the fans and club than anything else what with our history and all

mandrake
13/12/2005, 2:10 PM
Group1
Portadown
City

Group2
Derry
Shels (maybe just pipping Linfield.

Derry to win.

I just imagine them really really wanting to win it.

er 4th december drogs 2 **** 0...hello hello
short memory.....:p :p ;)

Risteard
13/12/2005, 2:16 PM
No.
I remember that alright.
Drogs2- the stars0
Fecking hell, Fair play like.
:ball: :ball: :cool:

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 2:31 PM
Really Fancy Derry, Means alot more to them than any of the other clubs in the 26 counties and possibly any of the northern clubs too,Great to see them beat the nordies to prove that their decision to join us was the correct one

I think The Droggs may be the suprise package this year, Dont think any one will fancy going to 02

It makes no diff to me who win's it as long as an eL club this time to prove that last year was a fluke

Peadar
13/12/2005, 2:34 PM
er 4th december drogs 2 **** 0...hello hello
short memory...

Er 18th of November

Played Won Drew Lost Points
Cork City FC 33 22 8 3 74
Derry City FC 33 22 6 5 72
Shelbourne FC 33 20 7 6 67
Drogheda United 33 12 12 9 48

Short memory! :rolleyes:

mandrake
13/12/2005, 2:45 PM
get out of it...
we bet YOU 3-2 on agg over 4 legs:p

Peadar
13/12/2005, 2:49 PM
we bet YOU 3-2 on agg over 4 legs:p

Funny that, I can't remember making any wager with anyone from Drogheda.
Are you sure it was me you bet?

diamond
13/12/2005, 3:16 PM
drogheda united play in united park
get over it
this is a setanta cup thread
are bohs in it???

ps. the boarder county team will be well up for the ports match. drogs will defo get out of group. after that its anyones

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 3:41 PM
drogheda united play in united park
get over it
this is a setanta cup thread
are bohs in it???

ps. the boarder county team will be well up for the ports match. drogs will defo get out of group. after that its anyones

Sorry for the mistake with 02/united park :o
I give your club a compliment and you come back with an insult :confused:

Fortuna1886
13/12/2005, 3:44 PM
Really Fancy Derry, Means alot more to them than any of the other clubs in the 26 counties and possibly any of the northern clubs too,Great to see them beat the nordies to prove that their decision to join us was the correct one

Regardless of the results I think that decision has been well proven by now, surely?

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 3:56 PM
Regardless of the results I think that decision has been well proven by now, surely?

So you admit that the eL is better than the IL then?
fair play

diamond
13/12/2005, 4:45 PM
sorry man (block g..)
i've had a hoops fan in my ear for about 2 years calling our home o2 park. dont like to give them publicity after they pulled out of deal and gave us fcuk all money. am sensitive to the sound o2

bit off topic i know but to galway fans, the "02, you've got the score on your shirts, you've got the s core on your shirts.." chant at play off few years back when you led by two goals and we somehow won, was the best chant i've heard at football ground. brings back great memories

sfc red
13/12/2005, 7:49 PM
HONEST prediction is...

Group1
Winners - Cork City
Runners-up - Portadown

Group2
Winners - Derry City
Runners-up - Shels

Semis:
Shels to beat Cork
Derry to beat Portadown

Final:
Derry to beat Shels (for the 3rd time in the comp...hate playing them these days...)

Dazzy
13/12/2005, 7:53 PM
HONEST prediction is...

Group1
Winners - Cork City
Runners-up - Portadown

Group2
Winners - Derry City
Runners-up - Shels

Semis:
Shels to beat Cork
Derry to beat Portadown

Final:
Derry to beat Shels (for the 3rd time in the comp...hate playing them these days...)

What can we say, we no longer hate Shels now :D

iceman
13/12/2005, 8:05 PM
Cork , Drogs , Linfield and Shels in the semis. Derry to bottle it against Linfield.

Drogs / Linfield final and Drogs to add to their trophy cabinet.

A face
13/12/2005, 8:09 PM
Cork , Drogs , Linfield and Shels in the semis. Derry to bottle it against Linfield.

Drogs / Linfield final and Drogs to add to their trophy cabinet.

How does that work again ?? :confused:

Gareth
13/12/2005, 8:20 PM
Shels to win it. The combinations getting there are not important.

:) hehehe Awh no serious thought on it is it really is too competitive to call. And then you have the Derry factor and the extra incentive to beat the Northern teams for them. Who knows.

Dungannon to win :)

thejollyrodger
13/12/2005, 9:04 PM
Shelbourne F.C to win it :D

Snoop Drog
13/12/2005, 9:13 PM
Drogheda United AFC to win it :D

A face
13/12/2005, 9:15 PM
All i'll say is we have a good chance of getting out of the group and will have had six games under our belts by the time we are meant to meet the 'strong' sides .... that all bodes well for us ... we should be in good shape for those next two games !!

Fortuna1886
14/12/2005, 1:37 PM
So you admit that the eL is better than the IL then?
fair play

;)

I was refering to the fact that they actually exsist as a club. Touch and go every few years it seems but sure if a near bankrupt club can come second...

*batons down hatch*

dcfcsteve
14/12/2005, 2:11 PM
;)

I was refering to the fact that they actually exsist as a club. Touch and go every few years it seems but sure if a near bankrupt club can come second...

*batons down hatch*

Fair point. Just like that near bankrupt club Chelsea won the English Premiership..... :D

We've been solvent for manys a year now, and will continue to be so. Happy Dayz....

Peadar
14/12/2005, 2:34 PM
We've been solvent for manys a year now

Saved by the magic flute! :D

dcfcsteve
14/12/2005, 4:27 PM
Saved by the magic flute! :D

Sadly the local Loyal Orders were one of the few groups not to come to our financial aid.... :p

You sure you're not getting Phil Coulter and James Galway mixed-up there ? Not that Coulter did much to help in our hour of need either...

Fortuna1886
14/12/2005, 5:26 PM
Sadly the local Loyal Orders were one of the few groups not to come to our financial aid.... :p

You sure you're not getting Phil Coulter and James Galway mixed-up there ? Not that Coulter did much to help in our hour of need either...

James Galway was once in a Band for said Loyal Orders. Tis true.

Peadar
15/12/2005, 8:53 AM
You sure you're not getting Phil Coulter and James Galway mixed-up there ?

No, but magic piano didn't have the same ring to it. :D