PDA

View Full Version : Connor confirms foy signing

Rory H
13/12/2005, 11:07 AM
good good..always mons best player...hopefully can step up to it next season

shedload of players confirmed as staying....o hara banana curran[1st false rumour] mc namare burns mc cartney mc tiernan and a few more i cant remember....raf has been offered a deal and is considering it[:o ]....

i didnt put it in rumours because its the truth,not a rumour

sligoman
13/12/2005, 11:44 AM
I told ya Foy was signing for us ages ago:p.

No mention of O'Grady staying no?:confused:.

Rory H
13/12/2005, 1:39 PM
ya o grady mc cann feeney and flannery were also confirmed....and others

sligoman
13/12/2005, 4:38 PM
ya o grady mc cann feeney and flannery were also confirmed....and othersSaw that afterwards alright. Good stuff.

Whoever started that sh!te bout McCann and Brown been let go/put on transfer list, eat yer words now!:p.

sligoman
13/12/2005, 5:04 PM
See here (http://www.sligorovers.com/news/news_reports/2005/20051212_squad.htm). Low is definitely gone:(. So's Gallagher though:).

Rovers1
13/12/2005, 6:22 PM
carlos is gone,gareth gorman still negotiating(he MUST have special powers!) foley is gone,sad to see jim sheridan gone hopefully hell get over his injuries,a very decent player,glad to see rossiter go to,waste of space

sligoman
13/12/2005, 6:24 PM
gareth gorman still negotiating(he MUST have special powers!)I think it's more of a coaching role than a playing one though:D.

Rovers1
13/12/2005, 6:28 PM
sits down with his legs crossed licking Sean and Gerrys arses!!!!!!!!!!

redrov2005
13/12/2005, 7:11 PM
How many coaches do we need ? Waste of money that.

gustavo
13/12/2005, 7:22 PM
He is good for squad morale though , They all seem to love him!

sligoman
13/12/2005, 7:30 PM
He is good for squad morale though , They all seem to love him!and he leads the other players in songs when they're out celebrating:D.

Redtop
13/12/2005, 8:26 PM
whats with gerry carr in negotiations for i doubt its a playin role:confused: :confused:

1 9 2 8
13/12/2005, 9:06 PM
Gareth was very influential during Rovers dip him forum in getting us back to winning ways.

Redtop
13/12/2005, 9:18 PM
ya but hes sh1te..but im sure that he would be a good coach hes got a some of his uefa badges i hear

Red4Eva
13/12/2005, 10:06 PM
He is good for squad morale though , They all seem to love him!

one of the younger player sonce told me how much he respects him&another senior player when i asked about him sed "whatever about his footballin ability he's a funny f*cker&always has us in stcitches"

monutdfc
14/12/2005, 8:50 AM
Sean Connor can announce all he likes, the fact is that Keith Foy has signed nothing yet.
It is well-known that he is in talks with Rovers, but he has not signed anything yet.

Magicme
14/12/2005, 9:05 AM
Yeah monutdfc I have been telling them that for a few days now....but must b the wonderful sea air up in Sligo has them imagining signatures on pieces of paper.

I cant see him not going but wish clubs would actually get pen on paper b4 announcing signings....

If the rules of signing is that if you want the player you say they have signed then Mons have signed Jermaine Sandvielt and Robbie Collins....

Rory H
14/12/2005, 9:45 AM
*ignores crazy mons fans*

so foy,good signing?

im really gona miss philly...loved that suit

Magicme
14/12/2005, 10:37 AM
*ignores crazy mons fans*

so foy,good signing?

im really gona miss philly...loved that suit

*ignores wild rover ignoring crazy mons fans*

Foy will be a great signing for you when he signs....He works really hard and very rarely makes a mistake....one helluva left foot....anyone who witnessed "that goal" will know why we are reluctant to say goodbye to our Foyzer.

Paraic
14/12/2005, 1:13 PM
The club haven't confirmed that Keith Foy has signed - they've confirmed that he has agreed terms. I don't think that they would be announcing it though, if they didn't expect him to sign

Magicme
14/12/2005, 1:36 PM
I could b wrong but my reading of the situation was that he was offered a deal but that not all terms were agreed and there was some discussion ongoing but the terms are expected to be agreed in the next week and then pen will b put to paper. Not sure but thats what i can gather from what I have heard.

monutdfc
14/12/2005, 1:57 PM
Thte title of this thread is "Connor Confirms Foy Signing"

Redzer
14/12/2005, 2:33 PM
Typing error I think, It should have read "Connor Confirms Roy Signing" :)

Rory H
14/12/2005, 3:06 PM

i can see the future

monutdfc
14/12/2005, 6:21 PM
Typing error I think, It should have read "Connor Confirms Roy Signing" :)
LOL :D

Red4Eva
15/12/2005, 12:40 AM
from what connor said about foy in the champion today it sounds like foy has copped on a bit and is ready to give it a proper go again. i can't imagine a player with his experience could just lose what ability he had so hopefully a full time set up will get him back to his best

Magicme
15/12/2005, 8:11 AM
Thats what I have been saying....am telling you now you would b hard pushed to find a more hardworking and determined player when he is on the pitch and he really can play too. From what I hear he is really gonna give it his best shot and put in whatever sweat and tears are necessary to make it again.

Sligo fans....you got a good one....give him the support and he will pay you back big time....and if it doesnt work out...we will take him back!

Best of luck Keith...you really deserve this.:o

monutdfc
15/12/2005, 8:23 AM
from what connor said about foy in the champion today it sounds like foy has copped on a bit and is ready to give it a proper go again. i can't imagine a player with his experience could just lose what ability he had so hopefully a full time set up will get him back to his best
I'd agree with that, so while I'm very sorry to see Keith go from our point of view I'm delighted for him moving to a full time set-up, and with Connor being the disciplinarian from what I've heard, this move will hopefully give him the platform to make the most of his unquestioned talent.

gustavo
15/12/2005, 8:40 AM
thanks lads! and ye could do worse than try to sign stephen o donnell who was let go by us .

Magicme
15/12/2005, 12:04 PM
thanks lads! and ye could do worse than try to sign stephen o donnell who was let go by us .

Lads and lassies!!

:eek:

sligoman
29/12/2005, 12:04 AM
I was informed from a reliable source lately that Keith Foy purposely kicked a ball away in a recent first division match in order to get booked so he wouldn't have to make the journey to Cobh!! Ramblers subsequently won the match 8-0!He better not act like that with us!;).