PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

finlma
13/12/2005, 8:32 AM
I managed to fracture a rib last weekend playing ball and its really annoying me. I've had so many injuries over the years that I thought I'd see if any other foot-iers have had similar problems. Maybe we can find the most crocked person here.

My injuries (from most recent back):
Fractured rib - playing ball
Fractured left scaphoid - snowboarding
Fractured right scpahoid - drinking injury. I don't know how it happened.
Broken left arm - rugby match
Tooth kicked out - rugby match
Pulled back muscle - jumping onto a wall
Broken right arm - playing with my Dad as a kid.

ollie
13/12/2005, 8:42 AM
well i've been lucky in that i haven't broke a bone in my body....yet!hopefully wont either.i mostly just get muscle strains from time to time from matches/training

Ash
13/12/2005, 8:47 AM
I dislocated and broke a finger playing football in Janurary, found out on
Friday that its still cracked and now the hospital have no record of it ever
being broken and conviently lost 4 sets of xrays!!!!

After I broke it (little finger on left hand) and I was 2 weeks back training,
I broke the same finger on my right hand! The curse of being a keeper!

Since then Ive been plagued, had a buldging disc in my neck, fractured my
thumb, have a loose kneecap and shinsplints.

I've only managed 1 league and 1 cup match this season. Played Connaught
Cup last week and was supposed to make my glorious return to League action
last Sunday but on top of the broken finger news, which I was going to play
through, I got a feckin stomach bug Saturday and could hardly move Sunday!

Jebus, if it wasnt for bad luck Id have no luck at all !!!!!

Babysis
13/12/2005, 9:10 AM
Ive not had too much happen, thankfully:

- Ruptured my left achilies tendon
- Ruptured my right achilies tendon
- Chipped a bone in my right elbow
- Fell whilst running and skidded across the ground on my hands face & knees, losing all the skin on my hands and knees and a good part of my face.
- Fractured my left wrist

carrickharp
13/12/2005, 11:11 AM
Broke my hip bone when I was 5 in a school bus accident I spent 12 weeks in Letterkenny hospital; my parents could only visit at weekend’s, a very lonely time for a wee 5 year old:(. Apart from that cracked a bone in my hand in a car crash 8 years ago which was lucky if you seen the state of the car afterwards...

drinkfeckarse
13/12/2005, 12:35 PM
My worst one was self inflicted a few years ago. I was home for Christmas and spent Christmas Eve getting p!ssed with the lads. I was the last one left at his house and when I left his flat in the early hours. Instead of buzzing up to him to open the 10 foot security gate I decided it made sense to climb over it so as not to disturb him.:confused:

As I trailed my left leg over the top of it, I lost the grip on my right foot between the railings and was left hanging with my right leg all twisted up. I knew it was serious as it was really painful and I roared even though I was wrecked. As I dangled a girl looked out the window of another flat, shouted something and threw a cup down on me which smashed only inches away. :mad:

I managed to prize myself free and hobbled the mile and a half home unable to get a taxi. Christmas Day was spent getting an injection in me arse from the Doctor for the pain and a few months later when I was back in Scotland I got the operation I required to repair the cartilage that I'd ripped during my adventure.:o

Missed the whole 2nd half of my football season here because of it.

AidoM
13/12/2005, 7:58 PM
Ive not had too much happen, thankfully:

- Ruptured my left achilies tendon
- Ruptured my right achilies tendon
- Chipped a bone in my right elbow
- Fell whilst running and skidded across the ground on my hands face & knees, losing all the skin on my hands and knees and a good part of my face.
- Fractured my left wrist

Does this look good for the Physio of the International team:eek: :confused: :(

Conor H
13/12/2005, 8:43 PM
Ive broken my arm 3 times
Broke me finger once
Dislocated me hip
Tore tendon muscles in my knee
2 concussions
tore my calf
split my head open twice with numerous stiches.

Im 17 in April:)

Spudd
13/12/2005, 9:18 PM
Worst injury ive ever had was when i came off a motor bike on me hol's!
Three stitches in my left ankle...5 stitches on my shoulder...and fractured my right elbow in 12 places,yes twelve! got a mean scare out of it tho...66 stitches on me elbow alone! My elbow's held togother with a metal plate,4 screws and about a yard of wire....the x rays are wicked.
Apart from that,had a great holliday!:D

Dazzy
13/12/2005, 9:47 PM
I have to say most of you are really unlucky, worst ive had is a dislocated toe and a muscle pull in my back whihc doesnt want to heal.

But im happy to have that compared to other peoples injuries:eek:

Babysis
13/12/2005, 10:01 PM
Does this look good for the Physio of the International team:eek:

Hey, having spent so long in physio im probably the most qualified to administer physio to the international team:p Dont worry;)

tetsujin1979
14/12/2005, 12:18 AM
Scar on my head from splitting it open when I was 7
Can dislocate the left side of my jaw at will
My right index finger has a habit of popping out of it's socket from time to time
Last New Year's I hyperextended my right knee and pulled the hamstring in the same leg, the trainer in my gym jammed his fingers into the back of my knee and straightened it out!
Never been overnight in a hospital!

Kingdom
14/12/2005, 7:19 AM
ooooh I think I could top this poll. I have been absolutely poxed with injuries.

Left Wrist Broken 3 times.
Right wrist broken 1 times.
Collar Bone Broken 1 times.
Nose Broken 2 times.
Broken ankle 1 times.
Torn Cartilage in Left Knee 1 times.
Broken bone in foot 1 times.
Torn Left Ankle ligaments 4 times.
Torn right ankle ligaments 2 times.
Nail ripped off thumb 1 times.

Seriously.

ollie
14/12/2005, 7:45 AM
outside of football/soccer i'm after getting 7 stitches in my eye(fixing the cornia together) after glass went through it.had to stay in the hospital for best part of a week with it.

Kingdom
14/12/2005, 8:16 AM
I'll tell youse a good one. My bro was about 5 and he had the funniest accident ever.

We were stayin in an uncles gaff during the summer holidays. Next door neighbour had one of those old racer bikes with the steel pedal! Brother was chasing/playing with the dog, tripped, and lamped his head off the pedal. Beautiful cut down his forehead. Went to the ospideal and had 7 of the paper stiches put in. We came back to Dublin after a few days and he had them takne out. Left a deadly scar. Within 10 mins of getting home, one of his mates threw a boomerang, brother walked straight into it. Sliced him open right across where his earlier cut had healed. He now has a crucifix scar on his forehead. Excellent.

ollie
14/12/2005, 9:26 AM
I'll tell youse a good one. My bro was about 5 and he had the funniest accident ever.

We were stayin in an uncles gaff during the summer holidays. Next door neighbour had one of those old racer bikes with the steel pedal! Brother was chasing/playing with the dog, tripped, and lamped his head off the pedal. Beautiful cut down his forehead. Went to the ospideal and had 7 of the paper stiches put in. We came back to Dublin after a few days and he had them takne out. Left a deadly scar. Within 10 mins of getting home, one of his mates threw a boomerang, brother walked straight into it. Sliced him open right across where his earlier cut had healed. He now has a crucifix scar on his forehead. Excellent.

HARSH.the poor lad.:( but funny all the same:D

Wiseguy
14/12/2005, 9:42 AM
Broke fingers warming up before Hurling match.
Got bit on the top of the head playing football which resulted in 3 stitches
16 stitches to sole of foot after standing on blade
Tore ligaments slipping down escalator ( Very fcuking sore and embarassing )
Severe groin strain while playing football.Never let it heal properly so it plagued me for months.Very sore
Broke ribs, thumb and fingers in Motorcycle accident.

pete
14/12/2005, 9:46 AM
I've also never broken a bone although did try to break my head before ;) In fact i think i've only has a few stitches from injuries.

I suppose some of ye are just clumsy :D

Block G Raptor
14/12/2005, 9:51 AM
I Broke Three ribs at Dalymount at the start of last season
when Kevin hunt took the peno against Rovers I could'nt watch and turned my back
when he scored everyone rushed forward and i tumbled over six rows of seats backwards
was quite drunk and didn't notice till next morning when i couldn't breath without agonising pain's shooting through my chest

onenilgameover
14/12/2005, 10:38 AM
Great idea for a thread!

I've played football all me life......... 27 now...never really had anything bad happen (touch wood) hurt my back lifting crates and couldn't play for awhile but that seems to have fixed itself. I think i broke a small bone in my little finger playin in goal once but I'm not sure. I made a splint out of matches and celotape and its been a bit bumpy and looks a bit different to its opposite number since. Been very lucky in truth...I keep thinking something's gonna happen sooner or later....:(

finlma
14/12/2005, 10:43 AM
Kingdom has the biggest list by the looks of it.

I haven't had a proper nights sleep in 2 weeks because of the fractrued rib - every time I roll in my sleep I wake up in pain. I'm really tired the whole time as a result.

Kingdom
14/12/2005, 11:44 PM
I might have the biggest list but now that I think of it there are a couple of other funny ones.

At home after a match I was getting out of the shower and slipped on the floor. Basically my big toe broke badly, but the nail snapped off completely and the floor was covered in blood. All I remember is going fcukin mental, seeing the floor covered in blood, getting carried out of the gaff in a towel, being watched by a crowd gathering for the Dublin Hurling final on across the road from the gaff. So fcuking embarrasing. ever since then when blood starts pumping out, I just think back and laugh!

There was another time I was playin u/11's and we were doing really well; 2nd in the DDSL and into the cup semi finals. We were playing Leicester Celtic in the old Stella pitch on Richmond Road. Anyway, this lad was through on goals, managed to get a tackle in and block him, but he got up quicker and was left with a man free in the 6 yd box. Never one to give up, I did what any other nut would have done. I put my head in front of the ball. Even though I was flat out on the ground. Stopped a goal. Needless to say, that was my last involvement in the match.