PDA

View Full Version : Cork - Here's to the Cultural Revolution

jebus
12/12/2005, 7:37 PM
Nope this isn't a pop at the rebel county (although I've been hugely underwhelmed by the city since I moved back down in September), but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the Heineken 'Here's to the Cultual Revolution' communist posters online or in or around Cork itself? Need them for a college project on the use of war propaganda in modern advertising. Any help is much appreciated.

gustavo
12/12/2005, 10:23 PM
http://www.cork2005.ie/images/events/cccp.jpg

doubt this is what you're looking for but maybe

RedX
12/12/2005, 10:46 PM
(although I've been hugely underwhelmed by the city since I moved back down in September)

Underwhelmed with what?? :rolleyes:

A face
13/12/2005, 12:04 AM
Any help is much appreciated.

Try emailing them .... no harm in trying anyway !!

Peadar
13/12/2005, 8:02 AM

Cork isn't as violent as Limerick so he's not impressed! :rolleyes:

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 9:26 AM
No In fairness It's about time the neaderthal's from the south west were giving a bit of culture. I'm all for third world integration

Peadar
13/12/2005, 9:37 AM
No In fairness It's about time the neaderthal's from the south west were giving a bit of culture. I'm all for third world integration

Not sure the people of Limerick will be too pleased with you talking about their city like that, especially since you're straight out of the ghetto yourself!

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 9:43 AM
especially since you're straight out of the ghetto yourself!

not too many houses worth 800,000 grand in cork city which is what my next door neighbour just sold theirs for. Ghetto u say

Not sure the people of Limerick will be too pleased with you talking about their city like that,!

Not much good at geography are you ?
when will you people realise the cork is in south west ireland and not the center of the universe

Peadar
13/12/2005, 10:05 AM
not too many houses worth 800,000 grand in cork city which is what my next door neighbour just sold theirs for.

Do a quick search on MyHome.ie (http://www.myhome.ie) and you'll see just how wrong you are.

Oh and by the way, Kerry people will argue that they're in the South West.

razor
13/12/2005, 10:14 AM
not too many houses worth 800,000 grand in cork city which is what my next door neighbour just sold theirs for. Ghetto u say
Don't tell me he sold the whole block of flats, some neck.

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 10:19 AM
Don't tell me he sold the whole block of flats, some neck.

Hardy HAR HA ! Knew you corkies wouldn't be able to comprehend the FACT that people in civilised parts of Ireland(ie. not cork) have long since vacated their mud huts with turf roofs!:D
Jebus but you guy's are so easy to wind up

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 10:22 AM
Do a quick search on MyHome.ie (http://www.myhome.ie) and you'll see just how wrong you are.

Did a search with minimum price off 800,000 found two houses, a whole street of terraced houses (sold as possible devolpment) and a Pub

thats Four sites in the whole city
I rest my Case

Peadar
13/12/2005, 10:33 AM
...long since vacated their mud huts with turf roofs!

They do tend to make prisons stronger these days.

Block G Raptor
13/12/2005, 10:38 AM
They do tend to make prisons stronger these days.

In cork yes !
everywhere else we also build our abodes from a revolutionary new material
known as bricks and mortor (I know its hard to beleive the technological advances the rest of the world has made in the last few centuries)

Peadar
13/12/2005, 10:58 AM
we also build our abodes from a revolutionary new material known as bricks and mortor

Don't forget asbestos!
I heard you had terrible trouble with that in your gaff in Ballymun.

razor
13/12/2005, 11:07 AM
Jebus but you guy's are so easy to wind up:D You crack (pardon the pun) me up, I wasn't the dope (pardon the pun) that went trawling through MyHome.ie. :D

Lim till i die
13/12/2005, 2:39 PM

Cork City I presume ;)

I feel I should defend Limerick wholeheartdly so all the Cork boys blatant winding up hasn't gone to waste but screw it I'll leave ye to it with that Boh's chap :p

NY Hoop
13/12/2005, 3:33 PM
:D You crack (pardon the pun) me up, I wasn't the dope (pardon the pun) that went trawling through MyHome.ie. :D

Remember there are no drugs in cork!

KOH

A face
13/12/2005, 5:05 PM
Remember there are no drugs in cork!

Alright point taken

sligoman
13/12/2005, 5:22 PM
Slagging match between Cork/Dublin-this thread is pointless. If anyone still wants to help jebus out with his question, then PM him.