PDA

View Full Version : Trust Calendar - Sligo Rovers 2006 - "Back Where We Belong"

garykelly
12/12/2005, 6:39 PM
The Bit O'Red Supporters Trust are delighted to announce the release of a 2006 Calendar containing some wonderful photos of Sligo Rovers journey through the 2005 First Division Campaign. This unique limited edition calendar brings together a collection of some of the best photos taken throughout the season and is sure to become a collectible item. The calendar entitled 'Back Where We Belong' will be available the week before Christmas and the trust will have the calendars on sale from Monday 19th December 2005. Priced at just €10 the calendar will make an ideal Christmas gift and provide lasting memories of the season that saw Sligo Rovers return to the top flight of Irish Football.

The trust would like to sincerly thank all of the sponsors who contributed towards making the calendar a viable option. It is this support from local businesses throughout Sligo that enables the trust to build a solid platform from which the trust can grow into a stronger, more successful supporter organisation that can make a lasting contribution to football at all levels within Sligo and it's surroundings.

A very special word of thanks must go to talented local photographer Michael Melly, without whom there would simply have been no photographs from which to produce this calendar. Michael has taken many wonderful photographs of Sligo Rovers games throughout the years and his dedication to following The Bit O'Red ensures we'll have many photographs to supplement memories of the good times in years to come.

Calender orders are being taken in advance of the release date and to order please contact Gary (086-1700687) or any other member of the Trust commitee. You can also place orders online at www.thebitored.org and we also hope to have a facility in place to allow you to purchase this excellent calendar over the internet. Be sure to get in quick to avoid dissapointment as this excellent calendar is limited edition and is simply not to be missed.

roversforever
13/12/2005, 9:46 AM
can we not buy them in the shops?

garykelly
13/12/2005, 9:58 AM
can we not buy them in the shops?

Yes we are looking to establish a chain of distributors this week prior to release date. We dont know what shops will have them yet but all details of outlets will be released prior to Monday 19th Dec 05.

akearins
13/12/2005, 3:15 PM
Always interested in supporters reactions and views on issues, so let us know what ye think of the "Back Where We Belong" calendar

The Stars
13/12/2005, 6:43 PM
ya great idea...will get one or two for sure.

sligoman
13/12/2005, 7:32 PM
Great idea. It'll be good to have photo's of what has been a great season. Will definitely buy one too.

1 9 2 8
13/12/2005, 8:53 PM
Great Idea Alan !

ya great idea

Great idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not really their idea lads :rolleyes: . Hasn't their been a Rovers calendar around the last 5 or 6 years?

sligo1
13/12/2005, 9:55 PM
Hi 1928,
I cant ever remember seeing a Sligo Rovers Calendar.It'll be nice to have some pictures of this year.

Red4Eva
13/12/2005, 10:10 PM
south sligo supporters club always have a one-page calender. i'd imagine this will be a bit better. fair play lads keep up the great work

roversforever
14/12/2005, 3:51 PM
in my opinion the south sligo supporters trust don't get half enough credit for the work they do for the club. They have been there for years and don't seek attention and are rarely recognised.Everybody here praises the new trust and says how great they are but the other lads were here long before them and are usually ignored.before ye attack me this is not a criticism of the new trust,i just think that the south sligo supporters club deserve more recognition than they actually get.

nephin
14/12/2005, 6:18 PM
in my opinion the south sligo supporters trust don't get half enough credit for the work they do for the club. They have been there for years and don't seek attention and are rarely recognised.Everybody here praises the new trust and says how great they are but the other lads were here long before them and are usually ignored.before ye attack me this is not a criticism of the new trust,i just think that the south sligo supporters club deserve more recognition than they actually get.

south sligo supporters trust:confused: :confused: er are ye not a club. all supportrs who fundraise in clubs/trusts or whatever deserve credit. personally until a article in the champion i never heard of the south sligo supporter club. people dont praise ye cos they rarely, if ever hear from the club. people only praise those lads who do the trust thing becuase they seem to have a high profile.

great figures on the fundraising, but why have we only heard of this recently. is the south sligo club exclusive to a particular area ??

Redzer
15/12/2005, 10:09 AM
There are pictures in the Weekender of the South Sligo Supporters 10th Anniversary. Their Chairman is John Murtagh, whom I know. He is also the Safety Officer in the Showgrounds. They obviously are a dedicated bunch of lads who get on with the job of fundraising. They must have a high profile out in South Sligo; otherwise they could not raise so much money for Rovers. We probably don’t hear much about them because they are not as much in the media, as the supporters trust.
Their latest venture is a tractor and machine for the astro pitch. Something like 10grand according to the papers.
I’d like to say well done to them all. John tells me they are bringing out a calender also this year.
The red army flag is theirs as well. I do see the same lads putting up both the south sligo and red army flags.

feo123
15/12/2005, 2:53 PM
good idea, hopefully it will help ye get a bit of money

sligoman
19/12/2005, 11:43 AM
Never Seen one !They did one alright, just can't imagine it been as good as this one cos this will have more pics, pages, etc.

sligoman
19/12/2005, 11:44 AM
Yes we are looking to establish a chain of distributors this week prior to release date. We dont know what shops will have them yet but all details of outlets will be released prior to Monday 19th Dec 05.Any update on what shops are going to sell them yet Gary?:confused:

akearins
20/12/2005, 9:20 AM
lads,

The calendar should be available very shortly(later today)and at present we are just waiting from confirmation on 2 outlets in town that we can use over the Christmas period.
As soonas we know ye will know..

Thanks for the interest and spread the word about the caendar....

kkontour
20/12/2005, 3:50 PM
Got me self two;)
Looks great. Well done to thoses involved.
K

redrov2005
20/12/2005, 6:23 PM
Where do you get them ?

SRFC Head
21/12/2005, 8:23 AM
Yeah, need someone to get me one of those, where can i tell them to get it ???

kkontour
21/12/2005, 8:56 AM
Where do you get them ?
A member of the trust should be able to sort you out. Thats where I got mine:D . Not sure if they are out on the shelves:confused:

garykelly
21/12/2005, 9:31 AM
Yeah, need someone to get me one of those, where can i tell them to get it ???

The trust will be selling calendars from 7pm Wednesday 21st up until Christmas eve 24th from Tescos arcade (O'Connell Street End).

Calendars will be available as follows:

7pm Wednesday 21st
9.30 am Thursday 22nd - 8pm *
9.30 am Friday 23rd - 8pm *
9.30 am Saturday 24th - 6pm *

* - Please note time when finished selling on day could vary depending on available personnel

cheers

EDIT: For anyone overseas or unable to buy in Sligo, we're are selling calendars on ebay.ie . The cost online is a bit dearer because of transactional fees charged by ebay + Paypal

akearins
21/12/2005, 10:50 AM
Alsowaiting on replies from local sports stores,.So when we get confirmation we will let supporters know where they are available on the "shelves"

sligoman
21/12/2005, 4:09 PM
There's sort of a stall in the Quayside selling Rovers Champions t-shirts and Rovers jerseys scarfs etc. Maybe the trust could give them a few to sell aswell?

Rory H
22/12/2005, 11:47 AM
pretty good job i must say......;) well done

sligoman
22/12/2005, 5:45 PM
Bought mine today. Very well presented and definitely worth a tenner. Well done lads!

sligo1
23/12/2005, 2:18 PM
Got one today as well - some good photos - well done to Michael Melly and all the lads at the trust.

Rory H
29/12/2005, 1:32 PM
how many have been sold so far?

SligoBrewer
29/12/2005, 10:18 PM
i got mine.
very nice job but maybe if they put the names of the players on the calendar it would have been better finished off apart from that though...10/10

gustavo
30/12/2005, 2:03 AM
can you still get them?

sligoman
31/12/2005, 3:41 PM
Here lads any ideas where i can get my hands on one ?eBay (http://cgi.ebay.ie/Sligo-Rovers-FC-2006-Calendar_W0QQitemZ8742815003QQcategoryZ68286QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

ali2005
31/12/2005, 6:04 PM
are the still on sale? please tell me they are would love to get my hands on one.

red arrow
02/01/2006, 4:38 PM
congratulations lads excellent job. i bought three and gave two away as presents. they were much apprecited. fair play to yee a job well done and further more im even in one of the photos that puts the value up straight away. jokeing aside its presentations like this that give a professional touch to the club. keep up the good work and bringing in the lolly for the club

sligo1
03/01/2006, 8:28 AM
Hi Sligo Brewer, the names are on the top left hand corner. Does anybody know how many were sold and there must be an easier way to get them than e-bay.

garykelly
06/01/2006, 9:16 AM
Calendars are now available from The Scene Newspaper office, which is in the Westward Town Centre on Bridge street. Just down from Feehilly's Florists.

We'll try to add a few more outlets around the town if possible. If you know of anyone who needs a calendar, then please direct them to The Scene office.

For overseas supporters, Calendars can be purchased on ebay.ie.

cheers.