PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup draw tonight

MrJoeSoap
12/12/2005, 6:42 AM
The draw is being made at the National Museum at Collins Barracks, Dublin, tonight at 5.30pm.

Not too sure whether it is being covered by the national media at all, but should be on the 6.01 news at least. I'm sure it will be here as soon as it happens!

eL Clubs:

Cork City
Derry City
Drogheda United
Shelbourne

Irish League Clubs:

Dungannon
Glentoran
Linfield
Portadown

Pablo
12/12/2005, 8:45 AM
linfield, Glentoran, City, and Shels in the one group please!!

Easy! Easy!

pete
12/12/2005, 9:26 AM
Who are Dungannon? I thought they were a rugby club?

:confused:

MrJoeSoap
12/12/2005, 9:28 AM
Who are Dungannon? I thought they were a rugby club?

:confused:

http://www.dungannonswiftsfc.co.uk/

Make sure you check out the "happening" forum they have going on there.

pete
12/12/2005, 10:05 AM
http://www.dungannonswiftsfc.co.uk/

Make sure you check out the "happening" forum they have going on there.

Excellent website although forum is a little quiet...

MariborKev
12/12/2005, 10:18 AM
Dungannon support tend to use www.irishleagueforums.net

They have a nice wee setup at Stangemore Park, although it might be a bit small is there is any size of travelling support

Cosmo
12/12/2005, 10:59 AM
Really want linfield!! Was before my time, only heard about the last time we played them in drogheda :eek: !! Would be a great buzz and would get alot of the lapsed drogs supporters that turned up for the cup final back out again!!!

Mark Breen
12/12/2005, 11:04 AM
Is there a web site that the draw may be on, like the UEFA site always has the draw's, in work till 6 and wouldn't mind watchin it live ...

Highly doubtful but had to ask ....

dcfcsteve
12/12/2005, 12:25 PM
There's no mention of it on the Setanta listings. Surely they'll have the draw live on their own channel....??

As for Dungannon Swifts - they're one of the rash of clubs that the Irish League let in when they went through 2 series of dramatic expansion a few years back. They've done well on the pitch for the last couple of seasons, but like a lot of their peers who were elevated to senior football at that time, they are in essence a very small club with limited local support. All that's changed really since their junior football days is the standard of their ground and the opposition.

martyc
12/12/2005, 1:06 PM
There's no mention of it on the Setanta listings. Surely they'll have the draw live on their own channel....??

Heres the email i got back from them :-

Hi Marty,

Thanks for taking the time to email Setanta. The draw will not take place Live on Setanta Sports but will be featured on our daily Sports News show the Hub (19:00 Mon –Thurs, rep 22:00 Mon – Thurs)

Kind regards,

Claire McHugh

Setanta Sports Ireland
Broadcasting House
3a South Princes Street
Dublin 2

e: claire@setanta.com
w: www.setanta.com

Mark Breen
12/12/2005, 1:24 PM
Cheer's MartyC

Thanks for the info...

dcfcsteve
12/12/2005, 1:47 PM
Cheers MC.

I suspect they don't want live cameras there for when Derry and Linfield 'magically' end-up in separate groups..... :)

Slash/ED
12/12/2005, 9:27 PM
Say you have them there alright ;)

dcfcsteve
12/12/2005, 10:29 PM
Say you have them there alright ;)

Some joker on the admin side got the 2 'citys' mixed up.... ! :eek: :p

MrJoeSoap
12/12/2005, 10:36 PM
Cheers MC.

I suspect they don't want live cameras there for when Derry and Linfield 'magically' end-up in separate groups..... :)

Hehe, how cynical!