PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Byrne's Assault Appeal Successful?

Pages : [1] 2

A face
11/12/2005, 12:54 PM
Ollie Byrne's assault appeal against the €2000 fine handed down to him for the incident at Tolka Park earlier in the year involving the Drogheda photographer has been successful.

What is going on here .... is it now OK to assault members of the media ??
What kind of a message are they sending to people in the league ??

This is copy of the refs report. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/thecorner/Observersreport1.jpg)

sligoman
11/12/2005, 1:43 PM
What kind of a message are they sending to people in the league ??That their is one rule for the Dublin teams and another rule for everybody else:mad:.

Slash/ED
11/12/2005, 2:26 PM
What is going on here .... is it now OK to assault members of the media ??

No, just that it didn't happen. And I've heard from many who were there at the time it didn't, people I'd trust too and who would be far from blind Ollie followers.

Roverstillidie
11/12/2005, 3:51 PM
That their is one rule for the Dublin teams and another rule for everybody else:mad:.

Dublin teams?!? :confused:

Rovers lost 8 points that the EL had no right to take away and ourselves and bores have been on the recieving end of preposterous fines.

Its one rule for shels was the phrase you were looking for.

What happened to the charges Roddy pressed? Still in the pipeline I would assume.

EnDai
11/12/2005, 4:03 PM
Love the way people who weren't there, and didn't see anything, just assume guilty and start moaning.

A face
11/12/2005, 4:07 PM
Love the way people who weren't there, and didn't see anything, just assume guilty and start moaning.

Oliver Byrne ..... As innocent and pure as the driven snow !! :D

Maz
11/12/2005, 4:21 PM
Oliver Byrne ..... As innocent and pure as the driven snow !! :D
Ah cmon now, Innocent till proven guilty and even then you just appeal it and you're innocent again

A face
11/12/2005, 4:24 PM
Ah cmon now, Innocent till proven guilty and even then you just appeal it and you're innocent again

:D ..... Poor Ollie !!

ndrog
11/12/2005, 4:30 PM

Total ******.Ollie is guilty.I was there.Did the photograoher just jump on the ****in ground for a laugh.

iceman
11/12/2005, 4:33 PM
I was there , it did happen and after Oily realised what he had done he set about getting others to cover -up what had happened. Thats it in a nutshell. Facts not proven.

A face
11/12/2005, 4:34 PM
Total ******.Ollie is guilty.I was there.Did the photograoher just jump on the ****in ground for a laugh.

Appeals dont lie ndrog .... you know that ... alls you need is another shot of the Neuralyzer (http://www.plasmainfusion.com/MR-SY-100.jpg)so you can forget all about it (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Men_In_Black=figment.mp3)!!

ndrog
11/12/2005, 4:49 PM
Oh Yes....woops silly me.All i seen that day was big Ollie handing out sweets to children and flowers to beautiful young women.What a wonderful memory.

sligoman
11/12/2005, 4:54 PM
Its one rule for shels was the phrase you were looking for.Ok, fair enough but......

Rovers lost 8 points that the EL had no right to take away and ourselves and bores have been on the recieving end of preposterous fines.Are you serious? Ye didn't deserve the 8 point deduction? FFS ye were lucky to get away with just that;).

patsh
11/12/2005, 5:07 PM
I was there , it did happen and after Oily realised what he had done he set about getting others to cover -up what had happened. Thats it in a nutshell. Facts not proven.
Oily's own little Smithers must have some sticky mouth....:rolleyes:

Roverstillidie
11/12/2005, 9:04 PM
Are you serious? Ye didn't deserve the 8 point deduction? FFS ye were lucky to get away with just that;).

im not opening this can of worms again, if you need the full speel feel free to PM me, but regardless of deserving it or not, it was not a sanction the FAI/EL were entitled to hand out. and bear in mind it was the 400c who told the FAI about the problem, and if magoo had submitted the correct info we would have got the licence easily. upshot is we finished 8th in the league and are in the 1st.

so if you think its dublin clubs getting away with it :rolleyes:

reality is olly knows the rule book inside out and has severe clout in the committees and isnt afraid to use those contacts for evil, like here.

the world and its wife knows he milled that photographer, but if the charge isnt 100% airtight, he walks. again.

A face
11/12/2005, 9:17 PM
Do eircom League clubs have grounds to ban him from their grounds in case something like this happens there. Appeal or no appeal, we all know the guy attacked him ..... and he is getting away with it, it would be ok if he didn't get away with it but now the guy will think he can do anything at this stage and not have to answer to anyone.

Sam Savic
11/12/2005, 9:18 PM
Dublin teams?!? :confused:

What happened to the charges Roddy pressed? Still in the pipeline I would assume.

As there were no witnesses to the No. 1 Hooligan assaulting the Tosser, then it's the No. 1 Hooligans word against the word of the Tosser.
The Hooligan cut his forehaed shaving and the Tosser didn't like the free shirt that Louis gave him, so he ripped it off.
This one will turn out like the others, a nil all draw.

A face
11/12/2005, 9:24 PM
As there were no witnesses to the No. 1 Hooligan assaulting the Tosser, then it's the No. 1 Hooligans word against the word of the Tosser.
The Hooligan cut his forehaed shaving and the Tosser didn't like the free shirt that Louis gave him, so he ripped it off.
This one will turn out like the others, a nil all draw.

Great people to have in the league !!
Top drawer

EnDai
11/12/2005, 10:16 PM
Do eircom League clubs have grounds to ban him from their grounds in case something like this happens there. Appeal or no appeal, we all know the guy attacked him ..... and he is getting away with it, it would be ok if he didn't get away with it but now the guy will think he can do anything at this stage and not have to answer to anyone.

Love the way a moderator (who like countless others wasn't there!) is allowed to spew this nonsense. Thats like me saying I saw Rico in bed with a 12 year old, its absolute cack. You don't know anything. You think he did it, fair enough - but sheesh, try to get a grasp of the meaning of the words.

sfc red
11/12/2005, 10:50 PM
I saw Rico in bed with a 12 year old

Not even gonna ask how ya saw that... :)

ndrog
11/12/2005, 10:57 PM
Love the way a moderator (who like countless others wasn't there!) is allowed to spew this nonsense. Thats like me saying I saw Rico in bed with a 12 year old, its absolute cack. You don't know anything. You think he did it, fair enough - but sheesh, try to get a grasp of the meaning of the words.

I was there.I saw the whole thing kick off.Ollie is as guilty as a "puppy beside a pile of poo".Jesus shels fans take the blinkers off for **** sake.

Roverstillidie
11/12/2005, 11:04 PM

versus

I was there.I saw the whole thing kick off.Ollie is as guilty as a "puppy beside a pile of poo".Jesus shels fans take the blinkers off for **** sake.

the reality is the drogheda pro and photogropher doesnt have a history of faking getting thumped.

Oily has a history of violence and a renounded short fuse, and this is why most neutrals are bemused by the fact he gets away with it again and again.

can individual clubs ban him from their grounds? i presume so, but im sure there is some protection for officials and, obviously, players of clubs being banned.

and re the roddy incident, werent terry eviston and owen heary not witnesses?

Slash/ED
11/12/2005, 11:04 PM

Did you also see Jason Byrne sticking his fingers up at the Drogs support as your club offically claimed that Shels skillfully doctored out of TV3s tapes? It's great running not only the league but the media as well.

Roverstillidie
11/12/2005, 11:17 PM
Did you also see Jason Byrne sticking his fingers up at the Drogs support as your club offically claimed that Shels skillfully doctored out of TV3s tapes? It's great running not only the league but the media as well.

clutching.....at....straws.......

you got a result here, take it as one and give over

Raheny Red
11/12/2005, 11:21 PM
Roverstillidie wrote

the reality is the drogheda pro and photogropher doesnt have a history of faking getting thumped.

Oily has a history of violence and a renounded short fuse, and this is why most neutrals are bemused by the fact he gets away with it again and again.

can individual clubs ban him from their grounds? i presume so, but im sure there is some protection for officials and, obviously, players of clubs being banned.

and re the roddy incident, werent terry eviston and owen heary not witnesses?

Agreed Ollie does have a history of violence. Just because he has a history of violence does that put him in the wrong already.

Rovers fans (not all) have a history of violence, should all Rovers fans be banned from eL grounds.

A face
11/12/2005, 11:25 PM

Being a moderator doesn't entitle me to an opnion now ??
At the time of the incident, there were a fair few threads all over the leagues forums about it, i spoke to a few Drogs fans down here about it and it was common knowledge at the time the Ollie had acted the maggot (even if it were wrong) .... the dogs on the street all BELIEVED that Ollie was at it again, and i have not been shown anything to change my opinion of that. The guy in a nutter, he tried to tackle me in the Shels bar one night, thats my last encounter with the guy, i am sorry ... but that impression is going nowhere ... unless he does something unreal to change it, but this is Ollie we are on about and you and me both know that nothing will ever change it.

Not even gonna ask how ya saw that... :)

:D

Roverstillidie
11/12/2005, 11:28 PM
Agreed Ollie does have a history of violence. Just because he has a history of violence does that put him in the wrong already.

Rovers fans (not all) have a history of violence, should all Rovers fans be banned from eL grounds.

those who have been caught are. shels were one of the clubs that opposed a league wide ban on those banned by individual clubs. see a link emerging?

he was found guilty of this offence originally, he won an appeal. quite a difference to us all assuming he was in the wrong without the facts.

A face
11/12/2005, 11:33 PM
he was found guilty of this offence originally, he won an appeal. quite a difference to us all assuming he was in the wrong without the facts.

Exactly .... He was found guilty first day .... EnDai ... come off the stage now fella, in all fairness like .... its not like we are all making this stuff up, it did actually happen, there is a different outcome now so chalk it down and move on, Ollie will anyway ... you can count on it.

Slash/ED
11/12/2005, 11:52 PM
clutching.....at....straws.......

says the person posting on a thread about an incident he knows literally nothing about? :confused:

it did actually happen

Simply baffling stuff :confused:

EnDai
11/12/2005, 11:57 PM
Exactly .... He was found guilty first day .... EnDai ... come off the stage now fella, in all fairness like .... its not like we are all making this stuff up, it did actually happen, there is a different outcome now so chalk it down and move on, Ollie will anyway ... you can count on it.
I'm just saying that knowing is very different to thinking or believing. I'm far from a fan of ollie myself, just pointing out that what you believe is not classed as fact. He was found guilty and it was reversed - wether this was the correct decision or not is not up for anyone to really decide without the facts, and obviosuly you can think what you want (but thats all it is - thinking/believing), but saying you know something that clearly you don't (with your facts being based on not being even there, and a past encounter with the madman himself) is plain nonsense - which is all I was trying to say.

Réiteoir
12/12/2005, 12:22 AM
Couple of questions / points:

What the hell is a Match Delegate's report doing in the Public Domain? Those kind of documents are normally Private and Confidential... - (a case of trying to prejudice the case from the very start?)

and to the Rovers contingent on about the 8 points deduction for the breach of licensing - you got off VERY lightly indeed - had you been a club under the jurisdiction of any other European Association - you would have been demoted there and then on the spot - and dare I say it - removed from the League altogether.

And don't hide behind the "That was the 'old' Rovers who did that" - it didn't work for Fiorentina or Servette

Roverstillidie
12/12/2005, 12:24 AM
says the person posting on a thread about an incident he knows literally nothing about? :confused:

Simply baffling stuff :confused:

what are you on about? you have never had an opinion on something you didnt witness 1st hand?

oily, again, is accused and in this instance found to have committed an assault. he, again, finds something in the rule book and walks away laughing.

we all saw the photos in the paper the next day, there was clearly physical contact and an injury sustained. to deny that further fuels the belief that shels fans will rally round their secretary in a manner no other fans do, regardess of what he has done. which is probably why he continues to do it.

shels fans need to stop playing with semantics and word forms and either stop him damaging your club or admit you dont care what he does because his overall contribution to the club is so big.

Couple of questions / points:

What the hell is a Match Delegate's report doing in the Public Domain? Those kind of documents are normally Private and Confidential... - (a case of trying to prejudice the case from the very start?)

and to the Rovers contingent on about the 8 points deduction for the breach of licensing - you got off VERY lightly indeed - had you been a club under the jurisdiction of any other European Association - you would have been demoted there and then on the spot - and dare I say it - removed from the League altogether.

And don't hide behind the "That was the 'old' Rovers who did that" - it didn't work for Fiorentina or Servette

referees report first appeared on the shels MB, it was but on here by a gentleman involved in shels who you may know by name.

we got off lightly? the fact that the FAI had no power to deduct points is irrelevant is it? was every other club's application watertight? fiorentina and servette were into far worse than filing the same annual accounts two years running, if we had filed the correct acccounts we would have been grand.

Dodge
12/12/2005, 12:34 AM
we got off lightly? the fact that the FAI had no power to deduct points is irrelevant is it?
Yes. Irrelevant when they could have ****ed you out of the league. Compared with the possible punishment you did get off very lightly. You mightn't like the 8 points dedeuction and I agree the league/FAI hadn't the right to do it but which would you prefer?

Oh and we know from experience, it doesn't matter how may teams made mistakes. You did and you got punished (just like we did and we got punished. it didn't matter that others wer eprovedn to have similar errors)

Ash
12/12/2005, 8:12 AM
Do eircom League clubs have grounds to ban him from their grounds in case something like this happens there.

Lock him in the cage in Longford :D

pete
12/12/2005, 9:04 AM
Sure Ollies Hooligan tag is a badge of honour amoiung soem Shels support. Don't ye sing his song too?

:)

MrJoeSoap
12/12/2005, 9:22 AM
Sure Ollies Hooligan tag is a badge of honour amoiung soem Shels support. Don't ye sing his song too?

:)

I don't know any Shels fans who like Ollie, I personally strongly dislike him and am fed up with people associating his actions with Shelbourne fans.

pete
12/12/2005, 9:24 AM
I don't know any Shels fans who like Ollie, I personally strongly dislike him and am fed up with people associating his actions with Shelbourne fans.

Things have changed a bit but was a time when Shels fans would never criticise him so they were seen to support him.

ifk101
12/12/2005, 9:26 AM
I see on Djurgården's fan forum at they are looking at Wesley Hoolahan as well.....

Edit: Sorry this should be in the Jason Byrne thread.

Réiteoir
12/12/2005, 11:05 AM
Things have changed a bit but was a time when Shels fans would never criticise him so they were seen to support him.

Shelbourne = The Appeasement Club

NY Hoop
12/12/2005, 2:36 PM

The point here is that he has authority in your club. It does not say much for your club when you have a convicted criminal in charge of it. It does not say much for your club that he is still, after all the trouble he has been with virtually every other set of supporters, in a position of power.

He is a cancer in the league and it is very hard for the league to be taken seriously when you have someone of his pedigree in charge of one of its clubs. I'm not slagging your club or your supporters and am not anti shels. I am and always have been anti oily though. I have seen him at close quarters initiating trouble and he is a nasty piece of work.

If you truly want him out then do something about it.

KOH

tiktok
12/12/2005, 2:50 PM
I'm not one to stick up for Ollie, and while I believe that he shouldn't have gotten involved with the photographer, I think that this is one instance where an incident involving Ollie has been blown way out of proportion.

I don't think Ollie was completely innocent, but I think the charge and the fine were OTT, and IMO Collins' version of events doesn't hold up at all. Read the referree's report the A Face put up

A face
13/12/2005, 12:03 AM
This is also worth seeing !! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/thecorner/Scan10003.jpg)

RedX
13/12/2005, 12:25 AM
A face..surely you can see from those pics Ollie is only trying to tickle the guy :D

A face
13/12/2005, 12:44 AM
Ollie is only trying to tickle the guy

Jebus ... i dunno about that, if you look closely and factor in the shadow cast from the floodlights and the flash from the cameras, it looks more like a nipple cripple or a chinese burn, but thats just the way it looks to me, i mean, i'm no expert !! :p

Slash/ED
13/12/2005, 10:00 AM
This is also worth seeing !! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/thecorner/Scan10003.jpg)

Indeed if you think the one on the top left is him viciously punching someone in the face you're wide of the mark. Look at his face, there's no aggression there. He's grabbing the camera, there's no assault, you can tell on that picture by his facial expression. Who punches someone looking like that?

SeanDrog
13/12/2005, 10:06 AM
does he have the right to impose his phyiscal contact on the camera man at all ?

I wll be interested in you answer to this?

Slash/ED
13/12/2005, 10:11 AM
does he have the right to impose his phyiscal contact on the camera man at all ?

I wll be interested in you answer to this?

No, but as ever the ott reactions on foot.ie are good for a laugh if nothing else.

MrJoeSoap
13/12/2005, 2:33 PM
No, but as ever the ott reactions on foot.ie are good for a laugh if nothing else.

Thats it in a nutshell. I can't have been more than 5 yards away from the incident and it has been blown completely out of the water by people who weren't even there.

SeanDrog
13/12/2005, 2:37 PM
Ok so lets say that due to Shels bias the general reaction of hanging him is OTT but you guys also agree that Ollie should never have physically touched the camera man.

Here lies the problem for shels, as the head of Shels he needs to act in a proper manner and defo cannot act outside of the law (which manhandling the cameraman is). Ollie needs to learn some shelf control or else he will be putting Shels up for a knocking like this again and again.

Given his position no matter how trival or minor the incident it will always attract attention and lets face it Shels can do without this as you are in business to play footie not defend Ollies antics.

MrJoeSoap
13/12/2005, 3:24 PM
^ Totally agree with this too. ^