PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's big fights

Aberdonian Stu
10/12/2005, 10:51 PM
There were four relatively important fights on tonight:

Amir Khan win
Unlike another Olympic medallist fighting tonight Khan realises that this is about entertaining in the ring not mouthing off outside of it. Even if it was against a bum the kid deserves credit.
Fight Rating: B
Importance: low to low-medium

Bernard Dunne win
Wasn't the most thrilling fight of the young Dubliner's career but a solid performance and an excellent finish. Once again he showed his superb quality in attacking the body.
Fight Rating: B-
Importance: medium

Williams beats Harrison
This was awful. Harrison mst shoulder the bulk of the blame as he was too scared to fight but Williams shouldn't be let off. The man who kayoed Tyson was overweight and wasn't in condition. That said 3 of the 4 bearable rounds (because the other 8 were bloody unbearable) went his way. If this is the end of Harrison the at least some good will come from tonight...but I doubt it.
Fight Rating: F
Importance: (Worringly) high-medium to high

Abraham kayos Ikeke
Finally the German public see what a boxing match is meant to look like. You see guys it's meant to be exciting:D Very entertaining fight in what is vying to be the most entertaining division. IBF belt makes Abraham a player and bout with Sturm would be what European fighting needs.
Fight Rating: A-
Importance: High

Dodge
10/12/2005, 11:03 PM
I'm a bit of a boxing fan and only heard about the Bernard Dunne fight when flicking around on the TV... Only then realised he stepped in at short notice. I thought he was fairly impressive too. Good to see he's not settling for the comfort zone of the national stadium and isn't afraid of fightimg in places like germany. Big announcement planned for Thursday. My guess is a european title shot.

The British heavuyweight fight was as bad a fight as I've ever seen. Ridiculous. I like Steve Bunce as a tv pundit and journalist but I'm glad his prediction of Audley harrison unifying the world heavyweight scene has been shattered. Honestly i think if I started training not I could beat either of those two...

tipp man
11/12/2005, 6:20 PM
The Harrisson v Williams fight ust be the WORST heavyweight contest in recent memory. Whenever Williams looked like he had his man, he took the foot off the gas. It was complete nonsense. Absolute rubbish. It says more about the state of heavyweight division in Britain than anything else. ITV must be sick. All that promotion for these two lounging incompetents.